Smogon Fantasy Basketball '13-'14

Pretty much what darkie said.

I'd still prefer h2h. After the first two months in roto half the teams have no shot at winning anymore. Maybe do an auction draft or different scoring rules if you want to change it up.
Auction sounds fun. I'll wait until tomorrow to create the league. Not sure of the date of the draft though (maybe earlier on Saturday, before the keeper draft, or Sunday).

How are draft positions determined? Randomly or by standing, e.g. first pick would go to the person who finished last in the standings in 2012-13?

For this year, it is still random. We can determine during this season if we want to change that for next year. Personally, I kind of want to.

Auction sounds fun. I'll wait until tomorrow to create the league. Not sure of the date of the draft though (maybe earlier on Saturday, before the keeper draft, or Sunday).
If this happens can we make it Sunday night?

god
i don't have class on thursday so i just had a mini-heart attack because i thought it was saturday and i missed half the draft

For the keeper league? Probably, we would need another member to join to have even teams by the end of today. Otherwise, you can join the 2nd league that will be created. I should have it open in the next few hours.
If it's not to late I can join with DerrickRose to make it even.

I wouldn't be opposed to having 12 teams and/or more roster spots, just for a deeper league experience similar to what was done for Smogon Fantasy Football.

So I created a second standard H2H league (except no Turnovers on this one). You should be able to just click here to join. Draft tentatively set to Sunday night. Can be earlier Sunday, any time Monday, or earlier tomorrow/today (Saturday) if by some miracle we have at least 10 teams.

Also, sent info to both SGV and DerrickRose to join the keeper league ASAP.

Draft order for keeper league has been set, along with keeper selection in their respective rounds.

First, click here to a small video of me randomizing the order of the draft (since Yahoo can't randomize and allow keeper customization at the same time...).

You can go to the Draft Results page to see the draft order and keepers by round. Let me know if anyone notices anything off.

For next year we can base the draft order on standings (not sure if non-snaking is better in that case). If we do decide to do this, I want to make it so that whoever wins consolation playoffs (7-12) goes first in the draft and then go down based on standings, as to make the consolation playoffs worth something.

For next year we can base the draft order on standings (not sure if non-snaking is better in that case). If we do decide to do this, I want to make it so that whoever wins consolation playoffs (7-12) goes first in the draft and then go down based on standings, as to make the consolation playoffs worth something.
I'm down for that.

Also, snaking is still important if we do it by record. We lose our best players every 2 years, essentially, so it's not like the real NBA where (generally) good teams stay good by keeping their players. Giving the worse teams better picks every other round (the snaking system) should be good enough at keeping things relatively even.

I guess I had an aight draft. Having Rose, Harden, Batum, and Bledsoe for a backcourt is orgasmic, but as a result my frontcourt is meh.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Man I crushed the draft this time round I think. Rubio/Teague/Klay Thompson/JSmoove/Kevin Love/Anthony Davis/Javale McGee - I'm a happy man indeed

We could use at least 4 more people to join the 2nd league. I will probably delay the draft until tomorrow unless we actually want to go ahead with 6 teams.

We still need one more!

We got to 10 teams, but had to delay the draft to a bit later tonight for it to happen. Apologies for all the time changes, unfortunately interest has been relatively low this year.

Last edited:
I think my draft went much better this time around for the redraft league. Expecting big things from both teams either way, though.

Sorry guys something came up so I couldnt draft. Wow Paul + Rubio + Nash + Jennings anyone want assists?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)