1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Flash Game Tournament - Round 3 Results/Round 4 Game Choice

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Mekkah, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Round 3 Results

First off, I'd like to announce that the biggest loser in this round is dark-war-cloud.

husk vs Silver610

Kinda ethically torn here since husk's last score was within the deadline whereas Silver's higher score was not, but two and a half hours over the deadline when I didn't close the thread seems less of a problem than scorecamping and husk said he didn't mind.

Mekkah vs Phiddlesticks

'twas fun beating a dead horse as well as this game to hell. Good game and thanks for the full screen version dude.

Steeler vs gsumbreon

Winner vs gsumbreon.

Ae Sakura vs Jabba

I love how Jabba went all the way to 29,198,222,188,631,315 and then it turns out all he had to get was 20 to top Ae Sakura's top score.

Round 4 Game Choice

So, Silver/Steeler/Jabba, what game do you fancy?
  2. Silver610

Silver610

First, gg to Husk. I really didn't have a choice but to beat your score when I saw it (however many hours after you posted it, when I got back on).

As for my choices for the next game, I've assembled my top 3:

1. Cubefield

2. Tower Defense

3. Helicopter
  3. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I am still against any form of Tower Defense game because of a) the time taken and b) you can copy strategies from each other. And the original Tower Defense game also kinda caps at ~80, maybe ~90 at best if you figure out some new secret.

Also Cubefield is cheatable. Not that I think any of you would do that, but... :(

I still like Boxhead 2 but it takes as long if not longer than Tower Defense games.

These games from Orisinal are a lot of fun:

Fire Dragon
    Rainmaker
    The Perilous Voyage (absolutely gorgeous)
  4. Silver610

Silver610

Oh well, you have a few good points there. Out of the three Orisinal games you posted, I think that The Perilous Voyage gets my vote. The other two aren't that fun.

Also, dark-war-cloud, you might want to stop posting in these threads.
  5. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i must be flash game picky because i'm not really seeing anything i like. the orisinal games are mostly annoying, aside from winterbells i haven't seen one i like besides bugs: http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bugs.htm which kind of loses it's fun after about 3 minutes.

cubefield is awesome, but the whole possible cheating thing...i don't know if i trust myself that much :/

helicopter is nice but seems like it'd become frustrating after a while.

i'll keep looking and edit in when i find something i like
  6. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

It's ok, you're in the final four, you can afford to be picky. I agree that bugs gets boring after a while...Winterbells does too but at least it's not so tedious to play.

Helicopter...I dunno, it seems kinda anticlimatic and simple for Round 4.
  7. Steeler

Steeler

Yeah I'm with Jabba, I'm not liking anything mentioned thus far.

And don't ever do Tower Defense that shit is gay.

I'd be totally for Helicopter. Air Sk8ing?? A simple game of Pingpong perhaps.

Whatever game you choose, choose something that doesn't take forfuckingever to play please!
  8. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

I'd be tempted to take Air Sk8ing if getting started wasn't so horribly lame and if the game was any good to look at. It's a pretty average game imo.
  9. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i wish air sk8ing didnt have the whole perfect timing shoot to start thing. its like a totally arbitrary quarter second window where you have to click to send him perfectly on his way and maybe 5/6 times i miss it, its just frustrating and makes me not want to play/try for a good score. once you're air sk8ing its a very nice game but its annoying when more than half the time you start you just fail. its as if there was a wall with a tiny little hole that you have to get the guy through every time you play nacana, but worse.

thats right im again posting in the SFGTourney thread even though i was out 1st round!!
  10. Phiddlesticks

Phiddlesticks

11. Steeler

Steeler

I've never really had any issues getting started on Air Sk8ing but alriiiiiight. There are other games out there.
  12. Amelia

Amelia

Perilous voyage lol.
    GG jabba, nice job getting that huge score
  13. JabbaTheGriffin

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

14. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

Haha neopets, good old times.

not Meerca Chase though. Fuck Meerca Chase.
  15. JabbaTheGriffin

out of those i think either pterattack or volcano run would be the best choice. i would have recommended ultimate bullseye, but they changed the game up, and instead of side-angled it's at a weird angle and i can't deal with change.
  16. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

I remembered why Pterattack was so fucking lame. Weapon level caps at four and grabbing a weapon thing resets it to another weapon at L1. Lame.
  17. JabbaTheGriffin

most weapons are pretty damn overpowered at level 4 to begin with. and i like how powerups become another obstacle to avoid in the late game.
  18. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

I love how the awesome multi-direction weapon becomes a lame ass laser later on whereas everything else sucks to begin with.
  19. Minwu

Minwu

20. Phiddlesticks

Phiddlesticks

21. Basics

Basics

22. Steeler

Steeler

ahhh my internet connection will not be available for a few days or weeks so...shit

waiting up for me would be too much to ask for so...yeah. just keep in mind i WOULD have won it all you bitches! x) I'll post in the latest Flash Game thread which would hopefully be this one but...i'm not too hopeful =\
  23. DrCrashMD

DrCrashMD

24. Steeler

Steeler

Alright whatever decide the game like normal and all, i'm pretty sure i'll be able to find some time to do this.
  25. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

Volcano Run then?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)