Smogon Front Page B&W Pokemon Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say to go with Haxorus, Voltolos, and Krookadile. The fact that they're facing left, forward, then right makes it even more perfect..er! Agrreing that color would make me cry tears of joy all over my keyboard.

Mr. StrikaPose, those sketches are mad awesome. I really like how dynamic each of them are.

kennethcp, I'm loving the Archeops. I love the old-school style and I can't wait to see your other two pokemon in that style.

As for me, I got the basic lineart for Archeops done. Onto coloring and touching up!
I'm done!

My god Mr.strikapose They are sick. Cobalion is imo the worst looking pokemon Gamefreak have ever designed but you've made it look supreme. It looks proud and majestic rather than crooked monster with chronic hip dysplasia that GF make it out to be. Hat's off to you. Thunderus, Haxorus, and yes Krookodile!!

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
StrikeaPose, Great job.

I love the denchura (that's the electric/bug's name right??) along with the others that have been mentioned.

Please make all of your posts such high quality =D

Thanks for helping me narrow down the choices, guys! I may be leaning a little towards Cobalion for Blue, simply because I've yet to seen one here yet...I'd really like to do Krookodile, but I just can't seem to translate him into color very well.

Anyways, this was just meant as practice, but in case I don't have the time to make another blue submission before the deadline, here's Hydreigon!

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I like all of those :) I'm happy with the turnout haha.

Here's the lineart for Hydreigon before I go to bed:

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe try a different pose for one of those two. They look too similar right now due to being in the same pose, and since they're both going to be on the page at the same time, that could be an issue.

Maybe try a different pose for one of those two. They look too similar right now due to being in the same pose, and since they're both going to be on the page at the same time, that could be an issue.
No the solution would be to have Conkledurr use the same pose as well :D

Anyway, loving many of these entries, shame not all of them can make it to the front page. Favorites in particular and KG's, az's, and strangeways', and oh god so many of them are amazing.

It looks exceptional if they are all assuming the same offensive pose, actually. Conkeldurr can totally do this with its large concrete pillars. You have my support, kennethcp, because YOU ARE AWESOME.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I concur with SDS. Having a repetition of poses is not the way to go. Having all three Pokemon in the same pose would not look good on the front page in my opinion.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Wow there is a lot of good art in this thread, I think Chou's art (Thundurus especially) from the first page would be a great choice for the front page mons.

So here's my first one, I plan on finishing up Conkeldurr and hydreigon soon, hope you like it :D
Damn this is just fuckin awesome, I like the earlier Pokemon art more than the modern stuff and you got that style perfectly here. I dunno if it should go on the front page or not but it's incredible.

Landorus and Cofagrigus done (drawing + basic colour). Shading will likely come later (unless someone thinks they look better without, I can provide Eelektross without shading if needed).
Is a transparent (instead of white) background allowed?

Would it be too radical to use everyone's submissions in a collaborative theme? And by everyone I mean 3 people. It would be such a shame for any of these beautiful works to go to waste.

My conkeldurr just wouldnt come out right, so here is Krookodile, Do you still think I need to redo one of those? I can. But... X_X.

i think that kevin garrett's trio is the best up to now...
Even though everyone seems to be so good...(i don't understand why i can't even draw a straight line...)

@Kevin Garrett: Your Jellicent looks so awesome!!!

Holy crap, there are so many really good artwork in this thread. It`s going to be hard choosing ><

help how will we possibly decide between all these asdfghj

kennethcp that style is just incredible, has to be my favourite so far. KG's clean, almost Sugimori-like style is also fantastic. I really can't wait to see the rest of the final submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)