Smogon Grand Slam II - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hello everybody! The Smogon Grand Slam is a tournament from last year, originally hosted by Iconic. It is meant to represent every BW tier, allowing you to play the UU, RU, Uber, NU and LC metagames in a high-level tournament setting with a trophy on the line.

Here is a quick reminder of the format: The Smogon Grand Slam consists of five separate tournaments: The UU Open, the RU Open, the Uber Open, the NU Open and the LC Open. As is the case with the Official Smogon Tournament, each Open is a single-elimination, best-of-three tournament. You will be awarded with points depending on how well you do in each Open. The point system is the same as the one used in the Smogon Tour. The eight players with the most points after the five tournaments qualify for the playoffs, where battlers will duke it out in a best-of-five series (UU, RU, Uber, NU and LC) until one man is left standing and a champion is crowned.

Since it is an official tournament, in addition to fame and celebrity, you will play for the turquoise trophy awarded to the winner:

Signups for each Open will be posted after the completion of round one of the previous Open, which would probably last ten days. The hosts are allowed to play in the tournament they administer, but they must elect someone else to create pairings if they decide to participate in their own Open. Here is the list of the five Opens along with the names of the hosts and the dates each Open will be posted:
  • The UU Open - Hosted by kokoloko (July 22th)
  • The RU Open - Hosted by Oglemi (August 5th)
  • The Uber Open - Hosted by bojangles (August 19th)
  • The NU Open - Hosted by Zebraiken (September 2nd)
  • The LC Open - Hosted by blarajan (September 16th)
If there are any questions or concerns feel free to post them in this thread and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Big thanks to Earthworm, Bloo, Aldaron and Iconic for helping to get this tournament off the ground. Also kudos to Stellar for the awesome tournament names.

Keep in mind this tournament will be BW2 for its entirety. If tier shifts occur during a round, they will be taken into account in the subsequent round.

Good luck everybody!

For obvious reasons, I will edit the points onsite only at the end of each Open, but I will maintain a Google spreadsheet with current min/max points during the whole tournament.

If there are any questions or concerns about the tournament, feel free to join #gslam on IRC. I hope we will see some great battles there!

The current standings are available here: http://goo.gl/rkS0M7

Last edited:

Bloo

Banned deucer.
The death of McMeghan begins.

Predicting kokoloko's and blarajan's Opens to be the most rigged and worst-hosted of the five.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
smd bloo how dare you incorporate my name with that of such Scum

also in it to not place 9th this time fuck it all

I thought Ubers would be before UU so i practiced the shit out of it I suck at UU i will lose the slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)