smogon is in shambles

1/ PDC vs 8/ .CarloO~
2/ Ciele vs 7/ Rodriblutar
3/ DennisEG vs 11/ Hack
4/ Vinc2612 vs 12/ Ice Tea

pdc / ciele to win it all

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
PDC straight up better than mexbrother Carloo, expect him to snag some competent team and groove some wins out in a close one

Ciele seems to always come prepared even in formats one might not picture him as all-too-competent in so taking him over a bit of an oddball in Rodri

Hack finds a way to win a lot of games, not only in Ubers, while Dennis is making gains everyday and shows that with his 3 seed rep, gotta go w/ old reliable Hack tho in my fav series

Vinc is the host with the most and Icey Tea is due to get unlucky (cwl) so that'll happen bop

Rooting for PDC and Hack to win!_!

1/ PDC vs 8/ .CarloO~ - PDC is realy good, but I have a feeling that Carloo is going to win this
2/ Ciele vs 7/ Rodriblutar - Close one
3/ DennisEG vs 11/ Hack - Dennis is really good oo
4/ Vinc2612 vs 12/ Ice Tea - Really close one, but ict is (imo) better overall, and sorry again for being a dick and ruining your Grand Slam run :/

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Vinc vs ict wins it all but I wouldn't be surprised to see PDC or especially Ciele to bring it home

are the tier changes from this month (usage and (un)bans) in effect for this round?

I can't see it detailed anywhere and I think it has varied in tournaments in the past.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I assume we're playing with the current bans and shift as happened before this round was posted, but i just assume that.

Mazar

Banned deucer.
1/ PDC vs 8/ .CarloO~ - carloo is crazy in terms of teambuilding and although i think pdc is more versatile I would say Carloo wins this because he would be a typical gslam-top4
2/ Ciele vs 7/ Rodriblutar - Actually dont know his opp, but Ciele will be hypermotivated to get the trophy one more time
3/ DennisEG vs 11/ Hack - as he helped me preparing for bouff last year I'm glad to see him in top 8 this year. hope you make it and i would consider you as more calm and experienced in your battles than dennis
4/ Vinc2612 vs 12/ Ice Tea - yup here it ends

won 3-0, eh not much to say LC was clean and a serious close series, got bunch of crits in pu and got outplayed so shouldnt have won that, uu was kinda even scald crit made it a bit harder but i got rewarded by dodging a gunk and therefore won. intense series man bunch of respect for u and im happy i could beat you. thanks to Anty, Star. for the lc and pu building and s/o to the people that passed me teams for the other games love you all would never make it that far without ya'll. shoutout blunder for being on a family walk and yet rooting for me and spamming chat =]
GGs

Won pu and ru, then it went downhill, ggs. Every game was pretty good though. I never really expected to make it this far- although I was highly motivated to go for it early on most of my open runs were cut short. When I won ubers open I saw this playoffs as a bonus, and I surely got to play a bunch of fun games.

Thanks to everyone in the slammers convo, especially TonyFlygon Pearl Kushalos FLCL Ice Tea rozes 49 Mambo who together provided most teams I tended to use a lot throughout my run. Also thanks to ZoroarkForever forever for the lc team this round.

ice tea wins this though

Last edited:

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
lost to carloo, ggs

a quick note:

i haven't had fun with this game in a very long time. and you would think, knowing me, after a loss like this i would just up and quit for 2 weeks again until the next tour comes around. but i have to say, that isn't the plan this time...

i'll restate it, i haven't had any enjoyment of playing this game since i lost to mcm in 2015, and that is a damned long time ago. as a result, my skills have been slipping (see: wcop / olt / uu + lc of this series) and i really haven't made any effort to turn that around. i stopped uploading on youtube, and all of the other stuff that i used to do on smogon frequently. my anger towards this game (and people) also grew higher, especially when i get lucked.

but i have to say, starting with PU i felt something different. i felt like i actually wanted to play the rest of the game out instead of just clicking the next move. instead of just setting up on what is in front of me, i actually thought about what i was going to do in the next 5, 10, whatever turns for the first time in quite awhile. aside from the ignorance of calcs in nu, i think those games actually turned out rather well for me.

i don't know, maybe i'm just finally delirious from playing for so long, but i have to say, that was an actually good series and i don't care that i lost, because i think i might have won back something much bigger.

thanks to:
teal6
bouff
fv
ict
evan
rozes
pearl
starmaster
teddehh
shake
pocl milotics jaja

and everybody else who i stole teams from this open, tested with me, and had a few laughs as my idiocy and ignorance of the tier along the way.

i guess this means....see you in spl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)