smogon irl

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Dang son, you are kind of isolated.

Granted I live in Minnesota and the only Smogoners in the area that I know are joshe and General Spoon (never met them in person). macle is in Wisconsin, but that's a bit aways to drive.

Last edited:

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i used to live, like, 15 min away from hollywood. i think it's more like an hour now. i live about 40 min away from innovamania too. and i met Grayson at band camp one year, but i havent been able to meet anyone else :( if anyone lives in central illinois pls hmu.

also im moving to springville, utah in may so if anyone wants to meet there then lemme know :oo

oh and im going to meet Winry. soon!!!

lol nah i'm too flaky to make it to outings (read: momma's boy)

but i will hopefully make it to chicago when RODAN is there and also i was literally in chicago on a different day for the same event as MrE :(

altho actually i have met at least one person who technically HAS a smogon account thru attending a smash tournament, but they didn't know me as the '06er I am!!!!!!!

i doubt anyone reading this is from kankakee

I live in lake county IL, for those not acquainted with Illinois, pretty much right at the top east corn of the state. Not sure if many/any active smogonites besides me are in that area. (Whether that's good or bad is debatable though, because unlike my smogon persona, I am really timid towards people I don't know. Basically awful at first impressions.)

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Living in Perth, Australia. It's basically a country town and known to be one of the most isolated cities in the world. I'm fairly sure there's only a handful of other Smogoners here (other than maybe skylight ???) - the local Pokémon scene is pretty VGC-centric and regards Smogon with a level of indifference. Other than that, mhykah lives here as well and cant say is over in Melbourne so if you live in either place hit us up :]]

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
While we're at it, does anyone else live in the New England area? We have myself, The Pizza Man, Deck Knight, and Ununhexium; curious to see if there are anymore.
me and Mr. Uncompetitive checking in as massholes

It seems like user Srn is about as quality of a poster on Smogon as he is a student in our High School

</3
atleast i'm not a manlet topping at 5'6.
idk how going out of your way to meet smogonites irl really feels cuz i see this scrub 5 days a week.
</3

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I appreciate people's fanciful notion I live in rich neighborhoods, but no. I'm on the South Coast of MA, about 25 minutes east of Providence and 40 minutes south of Boston.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Living in Perth, Australia. It's basically a country town and known to be one of the most isolated cities in the world. I'm fairly sure there's only a handful of other Smogoners here (other than maybe skylight ???) - the local Pokémon scene is pretty VGC-centric and regards Smogon with a level of indifference. Other than that, mhykah lives here as well and cant say is over in Melbourne so if you live in either place hit us up :]]
yea team perth!!!

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone on here live within 200 kilometers of Brisbane? I'm just curious. I think I've heard of one or two people from there.

making a list of new zealanders and where they are. any info is appreciated.

lasagne - tauranga
tgmd - wellington
trc - auckland
talktakestime - christchurch
heist - wellington
hipmonlee - wellington
fatecrashers - wellington
ginganinja - new plymouth
the captain - auckland
13ulbasaur - tauranga
animenagai - palmerston north
mountain dewgoing - auckland

Last edited:
I live in Lake Villa, Illinois. It's in lake county and for those not acquainted with Illinois, pretty much right at the top east corn of the state. Not sure if many/any active smogonites besides me are in that area. (Whether that's good or bad is debatable though, because unlike my smogon persona, I am really timid towards people I don't know. Basically awful at first impressions.)
re: my post, me, Redew, and innovamania are all central IL which isn't really anywhere close to chicagoland but I didn't mention it in my other post so this was a good excuse to locationdrop

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
anyway I've met a couple of wisconsin smogoners and i missed the last couple of madison vgc events cuz of midterms. most of my closer friends on the site are on the east or west coast or in europe so idk if imma be venturing out to meet any anytime soon.

someone come join me in middle of cow and corn country

Honestly I'm not really the kind of person who does irl meetups and i'm pretty shy about stuff like that (haven't posted a pic etc.) but I don't even know how many people on Smogon live in India @_@ idk how long i'll be here on smogon or if i'll shift or w/e, but down the line an irl meetup actually sounds cool o_o i'm 15 ftr so it might have to wait

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)