1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon jumped the shark

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by PK Gaming, Mar 31, 2011.

1. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

He's a starter pokemon and isn't a legendary.

:pirate:
  2. Alakapimp

Alakapimp All washed up
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yeah and he's a chicken, chickens are retarded little food animals, there is no way it can keep up with the giant whales and dragons in ubers.
  3. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

If you use guillotine on Blaziken does it stay alive for 30 seconds after its head falls off?
  4. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP ROB
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I still think we should have just banned speed boost on blaziken since that's the real offender, not blaziken. I don't care what you say about opening cans of worms. I think they need to be opened to get shit done and done right. Speed Boost is the real reason everyone is bitching over it, and you all know it. Blaziken is a case where a new ability is obviously blatantly undeniably is what breaking it. (Well, new to it anyways :P)

Blaziken wasn't broken. Now it does have Speed Boost and it is broken. So remove the offending item niggar. Why is that so hard to accept? :( Blaziken by itself and without speed boost isn't broken, and you all know it. This is a case where something can be avoided with one thing, and you refused to take it becaues you're lazy fucks who don't want to, and claim BS reasonings to do so.

I swear smogon is turning into the worse of smashboards :(

Stop trying to say it would be like banning outrage from salamence, because it's totally not. Stop trying to twist my words. Blaziken is only broken because speed boost, and that is the fact. You can't deny it (you can but anyone with half a brain will know better). Everyone who complained about blaziken were solely complaining about speed boost and not blaziken itself. Blaziken needs speed boost to use them effectively, or else it just gets creamed before it moves.

Stop trying to justify the unjust ban of blaziken. I highly doubt anyone would have considered it even with it getting HJK being 130 BP now and blaziken getting it. I'll say it before and i say it again: blaziken getting the 130 BP HJK is MINOR compared to speed boost. All it would have been is just having a better fighting move to use than superpower/brick break/sky uppercut and still being a painfully slow fighting type that's less useful than infernape. And even then it's arguably on how much better HJK is when a miss or a switch to a ghost on it costs you 50% of your life. It needs a speed boost to ensure that tentacruel does not wipe it out with surf/scald before it moves. It's only able to do that because it could move first with speed boost.

I'm just asking for a blaziken+speed boost ban, not a speed boost itself ban. To be honest I would rather ban DW abilities regardless of how shitty or good they are but thats just me.

All of them.
  5. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

what next? typhlosion? lol

phil can you please put both your feet down on this one
  6. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Cool story, bro.
  7. EspyJoel

EspyJoel Espy <3
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I agree PKGaming, but then I remembered how much I got bribed and decided to vote to ban it...
  8. M Dragon

M Dragon The north wind
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Arena Tycoonis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Champion

Banning a starter pokemon is just horrible.
  9. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

BW Blaziken: Strongest starter Pokemon ever (yes stronger than f'ing lol Leaf Storm snake)
  10. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I guess this means we can finally go on with our plan of banning Venusaur from 4th gen UU now.
  11. yondie

yondie I feel a little bit, like, I'm the Braveheart of creativity.
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

blaziken loses to aqua jet.
    unban it
  12. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I beat a Blaziken once, which means it isn't broken.

Lets fix this madness and unban it.
  13. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

14. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Ever hear of a Slowbro?
  15. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

I see what happened, everyone couldn't stand that I got to the top spot with sun. Fuckers.
  16. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

While we're complaining can someone please unban Inconsistent Bidoof from the ladder

:-(
  17. RBG

RBG It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Since we've already jumped the shark, can we ban Sharpedo and Garchomp?
  18. coyotte508

coyotte508
    is a Programmer Alumnus

Totally !! We should totally have banned sun to prevent KG from getting #1, it's more surefire than banning blaziken, now he may pull it off again next round!
  19. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN

coyotte you need to get off the smogon council and become an artist and/or super moderator you would have the BEST badges oh my goodness
  20. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i was actually quite proud of KG for reaching number 1 with his extremely innovative "KG Sun" i hope next round you can show us all how to build a proper rain team
  21. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Frontier Lackeyis a Past WCoP Winner

Anything that is easy enough to use that even KG can get to the top of the ladder should be banned, imo.
  22. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

I might jump the shark by banning some of you.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)