Smogon Karaoke - Round One

Smogon Karaoke Round One Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm quite excited about this. We tried to do something like this back in 2006 but it was a whole bunch of grabass and only about 3 of us actually submitted songs.

I would try predictions but I have no idea how anyone can sing except for a few, so I'll just say that I see Hip and SD going deep in this tourney.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
oh man, i am THOROUGHLY impressed with every recording i've heard so far.

can't decide whether i like LonelyNess's or pookar's the most...

gonna be doing mine tonight...at 3am....when everyone in my house is asleep and no one can here me blasting quasi-homoerotic music.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
wow. i should have joined this, hahahaha. this is quality stuff. props to pookar.

edit: LN, wow. really nice job. high notes aren't your friend, but you still did a great job.

edit2: i'm thoroughly upset at moi's choice to use the shitty dance remix of heaven rather than singing the incredibly powerful Bryan Adams original. ~_~

dj sammy's remix suits karaoke more than bryan adams' original

first post now has matamato's recording. only 5 more to go before voting starts.

bluekirby's new song is paul simon - you can call me al

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
why not have a loser's bracket? i'm pretty sure everyone will want to continue recording songs even if they lose

Instead of having a loser's bracket another tournament will probably go up (we discussed the possibility in #warau earlier). That will allow this tournament to end within a reasonably short timeframe, allow the current competitors to sing more, and allow new singers to compete.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Instead of having a loser's bracket another tournament will probably go up (we discussed the possibility in #warau earlier). That will allow this tournament to end within a reasonably short timeframe, allow the current competitors to sing more, and allow new singers to compete.
Why? This is the problem I've always had with mafia. You never give one game time to settle, by starting another one up right away it dilutes the importance and intensity of each game.

As for my song: everyone is going to have to be patient with me. I've been busier than fuck this week, and it's only going to continue today as well. I got listen to the song yesterday to try to learn the vocal melody, but I won't be able to record until tomorrow at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)