Smogon Karaoke - Round One

Smogon Karaoke Round One Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supreme judge moot is here to weigh the field.

MATCH 1- aamto vs stoo

aamto, man, i am so sorry, but you just could not stay on tune at all during this bit. your voice didn't fluctuate at all, and was completely deadpan monotone at some parts. while stoo's mic was obscenely low, he was able to stay on tune and sing actually rather pleasantly.

MATCH 2- dak v StrangerDanger

i'm going to give dak some credit here; he sang pretty decently despite laughing through some bits. he actually fucking hit the high notes, which was fucking cool. nice job dak, but unfortunately, strangerdanger sounds too much like fucking elton john. i seriously jizzed myself. wanna go out?

MATCH 3- BlueKirby v SevenDeadlySins

BlueKirby's was excellent, and the raspy notes of the flu seemed to actually add to the entire sound. SevenDeadlySins, man, you did good too, but BlueKirby barely edges you out.

MATCH 4- DM v LonelyNess

Went into this one with some high expectations, I can say, from the IRC logs.
LonelyNess, fantastic work impersonating and making one of the worst songs in existence reasonably better. You did good making the ella ella ella and ey ey eys short and concise to stay on proper time, and you were on tune through the entire thing. DM on the other hand, was fucking ridiculous and made me shit myself. For someone who had never heard the song before and massacred it to that degree, you deserve this win.
Loved the intro, by the way. xD

MATCH 5- Mekkah v Carl
Carl, my boy, I could hear your boys shrivel when you hit those high notes in the verse, but it was worth it- you win this since you don't have a dutch accent ruining arguably the best mockeries of the worst toy industry creation. Plus you stayed on time and in tune. Mekkah...just wow man. Points for effort. I laughed.

MATCH 6- pookar v moi

pookar unfortunately wins by default. i could not comprehend you at all, moi. sorry. pookar, you actually did really well and I was surprised. you managed to hit most of the high notes except for the first chorus. good job.

MATCH 7- Hipmonlee v AceMatador
AceMatador wins by default for having the exact pitch required for I Want It That Way. Couldn't have done it better myself.

MATCH 8- thunda v Shade
Shade I could not hear you at all. Fucking stop being afraid of what your parents are gonna say. thunda I could at least hear you and what I heard I liked.

some of these were incredibly difficult to decide, such as BK vs SDS, DM vs LN, mekkah vs carl and hip vs ace. generally I went against the asterisks, it seems that the more involved you are in smogon, the worse of a singer you are

but ultimately, it all comes down to

<@umbreon[ica]> I think I just went gay for strangerdanger

@carl: haha you should've seen that post before he edited out the part that made even less sense

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
oh man sd. i mean i expected something good because i knew you did theatre and shit and sang but this is really amazing hahaha.

its a different class altogether. i don't see anyone voting against you throughout the rounds lol, the only reason someone can beat you is if they make theirs insanely funny somehow.

insane.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think that next round, SD shouldn't be allowed to pull this shit again. I suggest there be some kind of thing barring this, because at this point, it doesn't actually feel like karaoke, which goes against the very spirit of the competition.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
pull this shit again? i know i said i went to a recording studio but all that means was i was able to sync the vocal track to the actual music instead of having to sing into a mic next to speakers. I don't use special effects or anything, and i'm still doing the singing.

Using the phrase 'pulling this shit' is a tad bit far, but I do agree in not using this method for the rest of the tournament. Not everyone has access to such a studio and hence it is kind of unquestionable that the quality is superior to the rest of the songs the others provided. Then again, if anyone had access to such a studio I am pretty sure that everyone would have tried to take advantage of that fact.

Hence it just seems fairer for the sake of the competitors and spirit of the game that we just ask StrangerDanger nicely to just bear with using a microphone and a regular recording program.

Either way, Carl sums it up pretty nicely with:
[20:50:31] <@Car[l]> he didn't even need the studio tbh
[20:50:42] <@Car[l]> he would have had the best one even on a shit mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)