1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Karaoke - The Finals (Congrats Carl!)

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Thunda, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunda

Thunda

For the long anticipated final between StrangerDanger and Carl we will be returning to the past three genres. As fitting for the two great rivals of the underground Smogon Karaoke scene we will be using great rivals in the pop, rock and rap worlds.

StrangerDanger's setlist:

StrangerDanger's Billie Jean
    Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
    MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This

Carl's setlist:

Prince - When Doves Cry
    Carl's Blue Suede Shoes
    Carl's Ice Ice Baby

For each genre there will be a separate vote, so each song will be compared individually to its rival. This allows you to vote accordingly if your opinion differs greatly, for example you prefer Carl in pop and rock, but favour StrangerDanger in rap.

Again, Carl and SD, upload to mediafire and get it to me, I will make a youtube and put it in this post. Poll will be added when all songs are in.
  2. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

don't go around breakin young girls hearts...
  3. Thunda

Thunda

I forgot to mention, this is an official Royal Showdown; Carl and StrangerDanger are competing for three titles: King of Pop, King of Rock and King of Rap. Whoever wins the most of these titles out of the two of them will also win the title King of Karaoke.

edit: neither i nor dak have ever mentioned opera as even a potential genre ever
  4. Team Aether

Team Aether

I'm sad LN didn't make it. TT_TT
  5. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

i am the kris allen to strangerdanger's adam lambert
  6. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Recording Billie Jean today.
  7. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

On Michael Jackson's birthday: how fitting.

Make him proud.
  8. az

az I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

oh man oh man
  9. darkie

darkie fuck you i wont do what you tell me
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

will be super
  10. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

11. Thunda

Thunda

tubed, check op
  12. aamto

aamto on whom the three Fates smile

waiting...
  13. Thunda

Thunda

imposing a one week, as of the time of this post, deadline. if strangerdanger chokes carl wins, if strangerdanger has some videos in a poll will be made with whatever we've got

edit: LN that sounds good, if SD doesn't turn up within the week ill sub you in with the same songs
  14. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

(I'd be willing to make videos in case StrangerDanger doesn't)
  15. StrangerDanger

16. darkie

darkie fuck you i wont do what you tell me
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

lonelyness, imo you should sing them anyway!
  17. Thunda

Thunda

18. StrangerDanger

posting to say i'll have the final two submissions in by tonight. Or at least something in by tonight.
  19. pookar

pookar Banned deucer.

september 17th!!!
  20. Thunda

Thunda

strangerdanger raises the microphone to his lips and parts them, making the eager crowd cheer. he takes in a deep breath, feeling the sweat roll down his forehead, tasting the salty sensation in his eyes and mouth. he breathes out and tries to sing... but the words just wont come out.

strangerdanger runs off the stage, and carl looks at him with a sneer. first the crowd jeers at the fleeing strangerdanger, but then they lift carl into their arms and begin to chant, "carl! carl! carl!"

carl is now official karaoke champion.
  21. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

It is now Night Four. Get in your PMs!!!!!!
  22. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

oh, and the junkyard is empty.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)