Smogon Little Cup Tourney: Semifinals (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Smogon Little Cup Tourney IV
Hosted by franky and iss

(little cup tourney I is here)

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4

Rules

• Single Elimination Format
  • All matches are to be played on Shoddy Battle
  • Pokemon must be able to hatch from an egg.
  • Pokemon must be able to evolve and must be first stage.
  • All Pokemon used MUST be Level 5.
  • Self-KO Clause is on. If a player uses Explosion or Selfdestruct in a 1-1 situation, the player that used the move loses.
  • SonicBoom and Dragon Rage are banned.
  • Evasion Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Little Cup Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Scyther, Sneasel, Yanma, Meditite, Tangela, Murkrow, and Misdreavus are banned.
  • The item DeepSeaTooth is banned.
  • The item Berry Juice is banned.
  • Do not use illegal movesets (here).
  • The Pomeg Glitch is allowed (see here).
  • The Ditto Glitch is banned.
Additional:

It has come to my attention that both Pokemon Lab and Shoddy Battle have large issues with battling in LC. Pokemon Lab has an issue with incomplete movepool, while the latter is well known for its Berry mechanics issue. As such, battles are to be done in Shoddy Battle due to the issue being less severe than Pokemon Lab.

R4

Bluewind vs (SevenDeadlySins vs Towelie)
NailsOU vs B-Lulz

Deadline for this round is December 19 at 11:59 PM EST.

Bluewind vs SevenDeadlySins
NailsOU vs B-Lulz

pretty damn easy predictions...I call first dibs on winner of the overall tourney!

EDIT: the funny thing - I know Bluewind and NailsOU's exact teams.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Bluewind vs SevenDeadlySins
NailsOU vs B-Lulz

Has SDS really gotten to round 5 with activity wins or did I mishear? And also, I talked to Towelie a lot over IRC the past week, so he was definitely active. Just saying that maybe an extension especially this far in the tournament would be a good idea.

Edit: My opinion doesn't really mean anything I suppose, but I think it's silly that someone can go 4 rounds into a tournament, then get activitied to allow someone else who has gotten 5 activity wins to go through. Tournaments don't mean anything if you're going to give activity wins in the 4th round especially when both were/are active enough to get it done.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
SDS has not played a battle through this tournament. agreeing with undisputed on this one, although i still think he would've gotten that far anyways. towelie has definately been on.

Bluewind vs Seven Deadly Sins - Because I haven't played him in LC and if I win it'd be cool to play him in something that isn't UU.
NailsOU vs B-Lulz - Good luck man.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pulling for a Bluewind/B-Lulz final :P.

Also no-one got faith that the non LC'er can do it, time to prove you wrong. GL Nails!

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Uhh, should I wait for iss to come online and give Towelive vs SDS a veredict... ._.?

Anyways, I'll try to contact SDS, gl all.

Didn't pay attention to this tournament and I'm seeing that Bluewind is in semies, lol.
So, Bluewind takes all.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Beat B-Lulz 1-0 despite two ice punch freezes >_<

GG, good luck to SDS/Bluewind/Towelieeeeeeeeee (who cares how many there really are anyways)

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OK, I've added an extension for Towelie vs SevenDeadlySins. You have until Friday.

Nails

Double Threat
Thank you very much iss. And honestly, I don't really care when it happens (within reason), but bluewind probably does... activity wins this late suck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)