Smogon Live Tournaments Championship [October 09 - March 10] - Won by TDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

*Approved by Jimbo* *Thanks to Jumpluff for the Banner*

The LIVE Tournaments are on the IRC channel #smogonwifi. We play these tournaments relatively often so keep your eye on Wifi Tournaments for a thread titled similarly to this one. Also, if enough people are on as well as someone to run the tournament, we could have one at any time. So its a good idea to stay in #smogonwifi participate in discussion and have fun!

This has been a great 6 months of Live Tournaments, but its time for this season to draw to a close. Don't worry though, tournaments start up immediately for the April 10 - June 10 season (thats right 3 month seasons now). This is a qualification only tournament by the top 8 in the leaderboard, however you are welcome to pay attention, share your predictions and hopefully watch some videos.

Rules

#1 This tournament won't actually be a Live tournament, but a normal tournament with deadlines instead to accommodate all qualifiers.
#2 The tournament will be seeded double elimination best 2 of 3 out of 6v6 OU, 09 VGC, and 2010 VGC.
#3 Tiebreakers for qualification will be by most recent point won, and if there is still a tie, number of points won in that tournament.
#4 Rules for each tier follow the same rules as detailed in the sticky. Status of suspects will be assessed on the 28th of March.
#5 Deadlines will be one week long from Tuesday to Tuesday.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The current top 12 are:

1. Alaka - Confirmed
2. drcossack - Confirmed
3. BadIntent - Confirmed
4. Tyler422 - Confirmed
5. sixonesix - Confirmed
6. Team_Rose - Confirmed
7. TDS - Confirmed
8. Sandman - Confirmed
9. dozer - Didn't Respond
10. Acorn - Confirmed
11. LucasFTW - Didn't Respond
12. dragonfe - Confirmed

Round 1
[1]Alaka(OU, 2009) v [8]Sandman(2010)
[2]drcossack(OU, 2010) v [7]TDS
[3]BadIntent(OU, 2009) v [6]Team_Rose(2010)
[4]Tyler422 v [5]sixonesix(2009, 2010)
Deadline for this round is Tuesday 4/6

Round 2
[1]Alaka v [5]sixonesix(OU, 2010)
[2]drcossack v [3]BadIntent(2009, 2010)
[4]Tyler422 v [8]Sandman(OU, 2009)
[6]Team_Rose(2010) v [7]TDS(2009, OU)
Deadline for this round is Tuesday 4/13

Round 3
[3]BadIntent(2009, 2010) v [5]Sixonesix
[1]Alaka(2009) v [7]TDS(2010, OU)
[2]drcossack(2009, 2010) v [8]Sandman(OU)

Round 4
[3]BadIntent v [7]TDS(2009, 2010)
[2]drcossack(OU) v [5]Sixonesix(2009, 2010)

Round Robin Finals
[5]Sixonesix v [7]TDS(OU, 09)
[3]BadIntent v [5]Sixonesix(2010, OU)
[3]BadIntent v [7]TDS - Forfeit
Deadline for this round is Tuesday 4/27

Congratulations TDS, Live Tournament Champion

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
I should rephrase, you only play 1 of each, whoever wins 2 wins. Also its not actually a live tournament, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
All tournaments for this season are over, the top 12 need to confirm their spot. Only the top 8 will play but the top 12 need to confirm if they would like to play, in case someone in the top 8 decides not to play and the spot can be passed down.

The current top 12 are:

1. Alakapimp - Confirmed
2. drcossack - Confirmed
3. BadIntent - Confirmed
4. Tyler422 - Confirmed
5. sixonesix - Confirmed
6. Team_Rose - Confirmed
7. TDS - Confirmed
8. Sandman - Confirmed
9. dozer - Didn't Respond
10. Acorn - Confirmed
11. LucasFTW - Didn't Respond
12. dragonfe - Confirmed

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
This tournament is for qualifiers from this season of the smogon live tournaments, if you play regularly during the weekly tournaments, you have a chance to qualify for the June championships.

Confirm. Thanks for the PM BI, for some reason I don't get emailed when I get PMs on smogon, even though I have that option checked.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
Cool, thanks for confirming guys, round 1 is up, everything is going to be in this thread for easier linking

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Will do my matches (at least two) with TDS tonight; neither of us have a team ready for the '09 VGC portion, so, if it's necessary, we're going to save that for last.

edit: beat TDS in 6v6 OU and '10 VGC. Both very good games.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Confirming, why is freeze even in the game?
To generate posts like this. :)

A change of item in the OU match and no freeze and you win both, but that's Pokemon. good luck the rest of the way sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)