• mmm yeah spread them picks

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
still posted earlier than last year edition

go here

type in:

Group ID#: 44370

Password: smogay

include your username in your pick set name so everyone else will know who you are. or be mysterious and don't, I don't care

make it so i can edit your picks so i can help you out if you make a mistake, and totally not cheat

fun is tentatively allowed this season

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Indianapolis vs. Buffalo ---> This is actually an interesting matchup that many are predicting the bills to win. There is the potential there because the bills have a great swarm defense and Luck has yet to gel with new targets such as andre johnson. The Bills offense can't be that bad if their defense plays well, and I'd imagine a couple turnovers are likely, but Indianapolis is just a good team right now. Andrew Luck is clutch as always, and honestly I can't see them losing this matchup easily.

Green Bay vs. Chicago ---> So good to have a rivalry like this on day one, but it's likely to be a pretty lopsided victory for Green Bay. Even in the absence of Nelson, Rodgers will make all the backup receivers look good as well, and give a mediocre Chicago defense a nice piece of Eddie Lacy.

Seattle vs. St. Louis ---> The rams always seem to give Seattle problems at home, and today will be no exception. Its a tough pick, but the Rams can control the clock with a solid RB combination and strong defense. The Seahawks are the type of team that has trouble getting the ball rolling, and it would be no surprise for them to have trouble with the Rams week one.

Cleveland vs. New York Jets ---> This team is gonna surprise people this year. Fitzpatrick isn't THAT bad, and he actually played pretty well in buffalo from 2010-2013, where his starting receiver, Stevie Johnson, had 1,000+ yards every year, and his backup receivers consisted of guys like Lee Evans. Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker is a potent duo, and Chris Ivory could be decent now that the offense actually has weapons. The offense won't be amazing, but I'm not anticipating another lackluster year.

Miami vs. Washington ---> This is probably a 2 TD win for a much improved Miami team over the reeling Redskins. Miami has a lot of potential this year. Likely a 2 TD win for them on opening day.

Carolina vs. Jacksonville ---> If the Jags can contain Cam Newton and move the ball against a Panthers defense that hasn't really gotten to play together yet, the Jags can easily start off this season on a good note. It's an interesting matchup, but Cam Newton may have a hard time passing the ball without Kelvin Benjamin to draw targets. Greg Olson is threatening to a Jags defense with a bad history against tight ends.

Kansas City vs. Houston ---> With Jeremy Maclin to anchor the passing attack, I really like this chiefs team this year. The Chiefs have weapons on offense, and the defense will be able to shut down Houston lacking Arian Foster.

New Orleans vs. Arizona ---> People can hate on Arizona all they want, but they are winners. The team is finally healthy, has a great secondary, and looks to be a surprise team as they were last year until they went down with injuries.

Detroit vs. San Diego ---> This is a hard pick for me but I have to pick Detroit, a team that looks a lot better right now. Gunslinger Stafford has all his weapons back and will be at full force, while the defense will eat up a one-dimensional offense like San Diego and a mediocre looking Melvin Gordon (during the preseason, at least).

Baltimore vs. Denver ---> Easy pickings for me, Denver is like always going to be good with Peyton Manning. The Ravens are likely going to get off to a slow start this year, having to gel with a lot of new players and a somewhat noticeable age gap.

Cincinnati vs. Oakland ---> People are hating on Cincy right now and I don't really understand why. Dalton may be bad during the playoffs, but whenever he is decent this team will win games, as their defense, offensive line, and running game are all among the best in the league. Jeremy Hill can easily power through the Oakland defensive line.

Tennessee vs. Tampa Bay ---> Rookie QB Battle goes the same way it did in the rose bowl. The Titans are just a better team, and the defense is much improved this year, while as a whole, the team got a major boost with the addition of a second-dimension QB. Winston is a raw talent, however, and I doubt the critics who say he is a bad person and whatever. His teammates aren't effervescent with praise for him for no reason.

New York Giants vs. Dallas ---> Dallas has no problem here. Good defense, the Offense won't exactly slow down with the absence of Murray with the skill on that O-line, and the Giants will, like always, make mistakes.

Philadelphia vs. Atlanta ---> I am nervous about Bradford's debut for the Eagles, but there isn't a much better opportunity; the awful Falcons defense is the perfect test platform. Atlanta will likely have a hard time getting their explosive offense on the field, so the Eagles will probably be able to run away with this one.

Minnesota
vs. San Francisco ---> Teddy Bridgewater and a full force Adrian Peterson makes this a dangerous team. Bridgewater and the defense showed a lot of potential last year, and with the addition of a threat like Peterson, this team could be a surprising force this year.

Just felt like posting some pick reasoning because I can. We'll see how these hold up.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Kinda the main reason I offhandedly said last year that we should just go back to doing it here. On Yahoo Pick'em, people just plug in their shit and there isn't much discussion here because we're all too damn lazy. :[ I mean, I wasn't 100% serious but neither was I completely joking...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok I'm not sure what happened but I swear I had made my picks right when I signed up. It says I'm 0-16 as if I didn't make any. Killah can you adjust if I send you my picks? I promise I'll be honest

ok I'm not sure what happened but I swear I had made my picks right when I signed up. It says I'm 0-16 as if I didn't make any. Killah can you adjust if I send you my picks? I promise I'll be honest
ye boi

just make sure you have commissioner editable picks

Kinda the main reason I offhandedly said last year that we should just go back to doing it here. On Yahoo Pick'em, people just plug in their shit and there isn't much discussion here because we're all too damn lazy. :[ I mean, I wasn't 100% serious but neither was I completely joking...
we moved to Yahoo because doing it in-thread takes a couple hours a week, while Yahoo is nice and easy. unless someone else can step up and keep track of everyone's picks next year (or even this year, if they really wanted) it'll have to stay this way. I agree it was more fun, but I haven't had the time for it the last couple seasons.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I remember on the way to the Jags game calling the Bills beating the Colts badly, but ofc I had no internet at the time. Sucks to suck.

OK apparently I can't actually edit picks after the weekly deadline, so the commissioner is useless and can't actually help anyone.

WB's week 1 record is 12-4, so keep that in mind at the end of the season.

yahoo sux

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Who the hell is SKL and why are they leading this week 7-4 by being the only one to pick Cleveland and one of two to pick Minnesota over Detroit???

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
On that note, congratulations to the lone pickers of the Raiders, Jags, and the fact nobody picked the Bucs/Skins.

I was so fucking close to picking the Skins but talked myself out of it

Really tho this was that one week that you seem to have every year where you're not completely confident in your picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)