Smogon Omaha 4
Last won by Myzozoa, hosted by Lady Salamence
Omaha, for those who don't know, is a style of poker, described by Wikipedia as "a community card poker game similar to Texas hold 'em, where each player is dealt four cards and must make his or her best hand using exactly two of them, plus exactly three of the five community cards."
For this tournament, each entrant will submit six Pokemon at signups. These will be your personal bank, to be mixed with each round's community bank of six pokemon to make a team, three from each pool. Otherwise, this is a normal Sun & Moon tournament OU, with the tier locked as of this post.
Tournament Specific Rules & Explanations:
- PERSONAL BANK - Each participant will Smogon PM the active host six Pokemon to be used as half of your active team each round, this is your your Personal Bank. You may take three Pokemon from this list each round, in any order or combination you see fit. These Pokemon will be locked throughout the tournament, and cannot change for whatever reason. A signup will not be considered valid without an equally valid Personal Bank.
- COMMUNITY BANK - Each round will include in the OP a list of six Pokemon. These Pokemon are the Community Bank, and make up the remaining three Pokemon of your round's team. You may not use a previous or upcoming round's Community Bank to draw from, only from the round which you are playing in. This includes rematches or extensions, which must be played using the Community Bank from the round which the original match was cast. The list of Pokemon eligible for inclusion in Community Bank will only change to remove Pokemon already used in a round's Community Bank to avoid repetition.
- OVERLAP - Should there be overlap in the Personal and Community Bank for any participant, and should they choose the overlapping Pokemon, they will be given the ability to choose which Bank that Pokemon is drawn from. So, if a participant included Zapdos in their Personal Bank, and it shows up in the Community Bank of a round they are participating in, using it will count as either a Pokemon from their Community Bank or their Personal Bank, at their discretion.
- FORMS AND OTHER ALTERATIONS - Should a Pokemon's form or alteration be based on a non-battle mechanic, such as Rotom or Ninetales, this form MUST be specified. Submitting "Wormadam" does not give you access to all three Wormadam forms, only the 'default' form, as determined by myself. I will attempt to ensure confirm any ambiguity in submissions. On the other hand, should a Pokemon's form change due to an in-battle mechanic, such as Castform or any Mega- evolutions, you do not need to specify the form. Simply putting "Scizor" will give you access to both Scizor and its mega evolution, and putting "Greninja" will allow you to use both the normal and Ash- forms.
- Substitutions - I will attempt to keep substitutions to a minimum, however: A pool of substitutes will be chosen from the group of people who entered but did not make the bracket, and their Personal Bank will stay static from when they signed up. Those who choose to signup during Round 1 must submit a Personal Bank on doing so, and will not be added to the substitute list until they've done so.
- TIER LOCK - To ensure that Personal and Community Bank Pokemon are not invalidated throughout the tournament, the tier will be fully locked to the rules of Sun/Moon Overused as of this thread's posting. Look below to see the rules for the tier, including a list of prohibited Pokemon. Should a game not be able to be played under a more current, revised tier list for whatever reason, please use the tier that most closely represents Overused you have available to you. In most cases, this should be Uber.
Common sense addition: The rules here clearly indicate how to play. If something is missing or improperly explained here, it is your responsibility to ensure that you contact for an explanation. Not following the rules, or using missing information to your advantage to play in a way unintended by the tournament (host) will at best result in a replay and more likely will result in a disqualification or worse.
Sun & Moon OU Rules (locked as of September 11th, 2017, taken from /dex/sm/formats/ou/):
- Banned Moves - Baton Pass
- Banned Items - Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Metagrossite, Salamencite
- Banned Abilities - Power Construct, Shadow Tag
- Banned Pokemon - Aegislash, Arceus, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Lunala, Marshadow, Mewtwo, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Solgaleo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, Zygarde-Complete
- Smogon-wide Clauses - Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Moody Clause, Endless Battle Clause
Common sense addition: It should be easy for you to follow these rules, so no worries there. If something is missing or improperly explained here, though, it is your responsibility to ensure that you follow the proper rules. If there is a missing Pokemon or item on here that was banned as of 9/11/17 for example, using it will result in the same action as breaking the Common Sense addition included in the Tournament Specific Rules. Play the game the way the game was meant to be played.
Mindnight vs crescendoww
esche vs Hassin627
Boomalacka vs ZaoZaoYun
Acsel vs Xiri