Role Playing Smogon Pathfinder Society

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Gotta get that 1st GM Star so I can replay Severing Ties!

Scheduling the scenario Merchant's Wake, a 1-5 one for Thursday at 2 PM GMT -5.

Bring a social character, this is definitely a social scenario.

Regarding GM Star replays: Apparently they aren't guaranteed to renew each year at Gencon. The information that they would reset was in the beta version of the S5 PFS Player's Guide and was removed from the further versions. Spend them at your own risk.

Pathfinder Society Scenario #41:
The Devil We Know—Part III: Crypt of Fools

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 7th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 3–4, and 6–7).

Another kidnapping spree erupts in Cassomir and the Pathfinder Society sends you to the notorious Swift Prison to interrogate a captured cultist about the recent disappearances. With clues gathered there, you must explore Old Cassomir and find secret locations that lead you to the source of the spree: the long lost Crypt of Fools.

Written by Larry Wilhelm
I will be GMing this scenario during this coming week. I have no date/time set yet, as I want input from people who wish to play on a time. Currently, Monday afternoon, Thursday afternoon (up until like 4pm GMT -5 probably) and Saturday will not work, but all other times do.

Last edited:
It is but a matter of days/weeks till I'm able to host Bonekeep. I'd suggest anyone interested in playing it to prepare a level 7 character for their most difficult challenge yet. Level 7.2 is optimal. Remember to bring First Aid Gloves and all situational stuff imaginable. This won't be hosted for some time but players should be prepared and build characters specifically for it.

Don't read the reviews btw, they contain unmasked spoilers delivered with bitterness.

Last edited:
08:44 <&Agape> vonFiedler: do you want to host the 5e game on Thursday or Friday?
08:56 <~vonFiedler> well it sounds like only friday will do

Trial by machine on Thursday the 28th starting at midnight GMT+3. Von's 5e game is on Friday according to this log. Might change though but PFS is either on Thursday this week or not on this week at all.

Yay 6 posts in a row.

Sure I can host You Only Die Twice, tier 5-9. However, it'll have to wait quite long because my weekends are packed until the 14th and I doubt you can play on weekday mornings.

Yay 7!

The Paths We Choose culminates the Sczarni s5 subplot if you know what I mean.

Also the Grand Lodge Mission is based on the data retrieved from the Bonekeep excursion.

In fact, the whole scenario is surprisingly a little better than average despite being a niche scenario.

With IR and all, I probably cannot host PFS until Von's 5e concludes, but I'd like input on what tier and what scenario to host. GS has suggested You Only Die Twice and while I agree that it seems like a fun scenario, I'm not sure if everyone wishes to play that tier (ginga at least) and would prefer to host a 3-7 scenario before You Only Die Twice.

Last edited:
For years a Pathfinder team has surveyed Qadira’s Zho Mountains in an attempt to reconcile its twisting valleys with a series of old maps recovered years ago on the Silken Way. When the team disappears soon after reporting a strange illusory effect in a mountain pass, the Society sends the PCs—funded by an unusual benefactor—to uncover whatever is hidden in those peaks and rescue the agents.

Content in “Valley of Veiled Flame” also contributes directly to the ongoing storylines of the Liberty’s Edge and Silver Crusade factions.
Tier 5-9. Social scenario but also some murderhobo. Best boons I've seen in a non-Eyes of the Ten scenario.

I discussed the starting time with ginganinja, it seems that we should start between 8PM and midnight GMT+2, depending on your schedules. For the day, any day next week except Thursday works for me. Post here for available times.

Ginga and Veltzeh (played tengu gunslinger in Legacy) have shown interest already.

At the moment it seems that Monday the 15th and Tuesday the 16th (Tuesday and Wednesday for ginga and Veltzeh due to ) would be the best dates to play. Sunday the 21th would be ok also. If we play on the 16th the starting time would preferably have to be on the later side.

Last edited:
Monday 10PM GMT+2 would be very optimal for me.

Edit: We'll play on Monday the 15th, starting at 1AM GMT+2. (That's Tuesday for me, ginga and Veltzeh but Monday for Temp and GS). Try to be present ~30min before the starting time so that we can start briskly.

Players:
- ginganinja
- Temperantia
- Veltzeh
- GeneralSpoon
- UllarWarlord
-

Last edited:
There's been a few new players floating around and generally interest in PFS has picked up again.

I could host The Wounded Wisp, an introductory scenario to Pathfinder Society some weekend now (replayable, tier 1-2). If you're interested, post here and/or ask for more info in #flamel

Monday 20th April from 9PM GMT+3 onwards is the time I'm best available next week. Friday 11PM onwards GMT+3 is also viable for The Wounded Wisp. The scenario will take 5-6h.

Last edited:
This Friday or Sunday I'm hosting PFS. Contact me over IRC in #flamel if interested.

Friday is the better day. We'd start at 1.30 AM GMT+3. I'll get 2 IRL guys to play as well. Scenario is Test of Tar Kuata, or just maybe From Under Ice.

Last edited:
Scenario will be From Under Ice. Tier 1-5, higher subtier.

Tentative party composition:
- Velzeh - Laospi Cleric 4
- Willzard - Raitori ZAM 4
- Generalspoon - Signe Necromancer 3
- Temperantia - ??? swashbuckler 2
- Ullar - Gorodano Sorcladin 2

Subtier will be higher

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)