Role Playing Smogon Pathfinder Society

RSVPing, but I only have two level 1s, if we play up, would one scale up to lvl 2 be sufficient? (I'd rather not play up, though)
Characters never scale up, but with careful play and a little luck you could survive. If you played it up there's also the possibility of playing a level 4 pregen but is it as fun as playing one's own characters?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The next game will be Saturday the 2nd. We can play down or up once again. But we'll likely decide on the day itself.

RSVP:
Phoenix512
Maxim
GeneralSpoon
Agape
Lightwolf
Aura Guardian
Temparentia

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In

I shall this time go sleeping 12 hours before it, no way of oversleeping then mwahahahahaha. Okay no that's impossible, I have shit to eat like 9 hours before it, but I can go sleeping 8 hours before it mwahahahahahah. Or I could just sleep normally? nahhhhhhhh

If we play up I'm bringing Pullum or Inmissam depending on the group we get, if we play down, then my new guy.

Some tangential rant

This came to my mind when I pondered APL:

Had we done In Wrath's Shadow with four level three characters and two level one characters, our APL would have been 2.33 which rounds down to two. Because it was a season 4 module we wouldn't have got the +1 APL for six players that earlier seasons give. So with six players we would have been disqualified to play the session we would have qualified for with only four level three characters in party. Just thinking this as an example on how the GM needs to consider the situation instead of following the rules to the letter :)

This came to my mind when I pondered APL:

Had we done In Wrath's Shadow with four level six characters and two level one characters, our APL would have been 2.33 which rounds down to two. Because it was a season 4 module we wouldn't have got the +1 APL for six players that earlier seasons give. So with six players we would have been disqualified to play the session we would have qualified for with only four level three characters in party. Just thinking this as an example on how the GM needs to consider the situation instead of following the rules to the letter :)
I thought those things always rounded up... [EDIT: NVM, I was wrong]

But 4xlevel 6 = 24, plus 2xlevel 1 = 26. 26/6 = 4.33, rounds to 4.

Going to be running a scenario on Wednesday, February 6th. It will start somewhere between 6 and 7 PM CST.

RSVP's:
LightWolf
lareman (<lareman> In, in case you don't hate me already)

EDIT: Because of IRL reasons, I will be unable to prepare the scenario for Wednesday. Therefore, I will not be doing a scenario Wednesday.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The inevitable discussion of "why bring our own wands when the healer can use theirs" has already reared its ugly head.

Here's the long accepted rule in PFS; if you don't bring a wand, you don't get healing. Don't be stubborn about this, just spend 2 PP periodically on wands.

Sign-ups post for Shards of Ice part 3: Keep of the Huscarl King. Session will be held on Saturday the 9th of February, starting between 10 and 11 PM GMT+2. Ie. up to one hour later than the Saturday scenarios usually start.

Sign-ups so far:
Aura Guardian
GS
Lightwolf
Phoenix512
Temperantia
vonFiedler
Rodan (expressed interest over IRC)

Lareman withdrew his RSVP to me IRL.

The scenario can be played up or down. One potential save-or-die for level 1 characters, should you choose to play up. Otherwise rather average lethality.

I have made a thread in the social group for answering the questionnaire von has provided. If you wouldn't mind answering it there, rather than in this thread, it would help to keep this thread clean. Feel free to move the responses you have already made to that thread as well; it would be nice to have all of the responses in one place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)