Role Playing Smogon Pathfinder Society

I will be doing a session for beginner players interested in getting involved in Pathfinder Society/roleplaying in general. The date is Friday February 15th. We will begin sometime between 1 PM CST and 6 PM CST, depending on what is most convenient for those who express interest.

You may RSVP in this thread, or you can find me on IRC and let me know about your interest. Letting me know what time you would prefer would be super. You need not make a character or familiarize yourself with the rules beforehand (though it helps). Feel free to stop by #flamel for help getting yourself set.

RSVPs:
Quagsires (preferably after 3:00 PM CST)
Rodan (preferably after 3:30 PM CST)
Maxim (tentative; only if we need somebody to make a legal table)

Will be hosting a scenario on Saturday, starting around 12PM or 1PM CST. If you are interested in playing Pathfinder Society, I would suggest that you instead play the scenario I am hosting on Friday instead of this one.

I am planning on us using Skype to improve the flow. You don't NEED to be able to speak over it (not having a mic, other people around, etc), as you can still use chat to communicate. I do ask that you have a pair of headphones though. If I do not have your skype stuff, please PM me it. Grumble grumble, ignore this.

EDIT: Might start a bit later I guess.

RSVPs:
vonFiedler
Agape
Phoenix512
LightWolf
lareman

So, The Dalsine Affair was quite fun. There were several near-death experiences (all players had at least 1). IIRC, there were about 7 total times a player came close to death/imprisonment. Overall, a very enjoyable experience for everyone.

EDIT: 18-20/x2 never forget

I will be running a scenario this Saturday (2/23) starting around 1:00 PM CST (that's GMT -6 LW), or somewhere around this time (am fine with starting an hour or two later). Let me know if you have interest, as usual.

RSVPs:
Temp
LightWolf
HD
Phoenix512

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you want to sit in to get a feel for it that's ok. Sitting on a scenario hampers your ability to play it later though (but there are many scenarios so doing it once should be fine).

I'm going to host Masters of the Fallen Fortress, a Pathfinder module sanctioned for PFS use on Tuesday, 5th March. The tentative time for it to start is 3:30 PM CST (23:30 Finland time) but we might start earlier if I'm tired enough. This is a tier 1 module, which means you can play it again and again on different level 1 characters, still getting the chronicle sheet every time (like First Steps). However, because it is a sanctioned module, you can also play it once with a level 2 character, getting the sheet. This scenario will give out max 1 PP, so keep that in mind when choosing which character to bring. Express interest here or in #flamel, but because the starting time is a little bit flexible, strict RSVP's aren't required. (We start as soon as HD gets online or at the time listed, whichever comes first.) Edit: Something is bugged on my end, cannot fix the formatting of this post.

There will be a scenario run this Saturday (3/9), starting somewhere between 1PM and 2PM GMT -6. I will be running Severing Ties (a scenario for characters between the levels of 1-5), and Agape will be running We Be Goblins (a sanctioned module for characters of levels 1-2) on either Tuesday or Thursday (maybe).

Note that as a scenario, Severing Ties is not replayable for rewards. I mention this because Severing Ties was run once on Smogon a few months ago (there were only 3 people other than me who played in it though). You may replay it for fun, but you will not get any rewards.

If you RSVP, please also let me know if you would like to RSVP for one or both of these, and if only one of them, which one.

RSVPs Severing Ties:
Agape
Phoenix512
LightWolf
HD (tentative)
vonFiedler (tentative)
UllarWarlord (tentative)

RSVPs We Be Goblins:
General Spoon
LightWolf
Phoenix512
HD (tentative)
UllarWarlord

EDIT: We will be running Severing Ties this Saturday. Agape may run We Be Goblins on Tuesday or Thursday. I will step out if we need less people in it when it begins.

We Be Goblins is a special module, because in it premade goblin characters are used. The chronicle however is awarded to an existing PFS character.

There are only four of the premades, so only four can play in it. That's why I'd prefer hosting it on some weekday next week when there are less people online so that fewer people would have to be left out of the game. Tuesday and Thursday tentatively work for me.

I'm interested in getting involved in this. I played some PFS at about a year and a half ago, and have been looking to play more ever since. I should have a (likely poorly built) Half Orc Zen Archer Monk saved to my Piazzo account, but the Smog Article that pointed me here says there is a need for Skill Monkeys, so I wouldn't be opposed to trying to make a rouge of some sort.

I'll likely need a bit of help getting back into it, as the Beginners Box and a Single PFS module is the entire extent of my D&D/Pathfinder experience, and as I said, that was years ago.

I own hard copies of the Core Rulebook, The Advanced Rulebook, and Ultimate magic. I also have GM experience with other games (I'm currently running a Pokemon Tabletop Game on bay12!), so if I can be made very comfortable with the mechanics, I would not be opposed to buying and running a few modules.

I will drop into your IRC channel and introduce myself when I get back from school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)