Smogon Pokemon League Monotype Rnd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
ever wonder what a pokemon league of all smogoners would be like? wonder no more. this tournament will allow you to show off your favorite type in style! thats right, your whole team must consist of solely one pokemon type (double typing is ok, ex water/ice or ground/water is ok on a water team). there will be no tiers, however just like the in-game pokemon league, there will be no legendaries allowed. only pokemon that can breed will be permitted. all other standard rules apply.

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • No Swagger or Moody
  • No Tiers: A player can use any Pokemon ranked ubers and below.
  • No Legendary/Mythical Pokemon
  • Pertaining to Mega Evolution: Type changes via mega evo cannot qualify a Pokemon for your monotype team. The type will be calculated by the base form of the Pokemon. i.e. Mega Gyarados can be used on a water team, but not on a dark team.
  • This is an ORAS only tournament.
Note: This tournament will be run efficiently and organized. No missed battles permitted. No deadlines will be extended. If you go MIA or miss your match, you will be DQ'd.
That being said, lets have some fun.

(approved by ditto, thanks!)

rules : http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/wi-fi-tournaments-rules.3460958/

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
round 2 bracket

shady6121 water vs slowmobro poison
menezjul electric
vs mattapod water
eeveefan normal vs justino12 water
gallalex steel
vs steelteam6 steel

this round will run thru sunday march 15, 2359 gmt-7,
if we finish early we will move on

will post semifinal bracket within a day or two. getting down to the wire!

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
I just wanted to comment on how well this tourney is being ran. Also monotype is one of my fav metas. Thanks for organizing this!

This is really cool! I'd love to be a part of this in the future when I have Internet access more than just the weekend and actually train enough Pokemon to build a monotype team...

I won against justino in a fun battle, my strategy worked perfectly against his team.

GG! (:

There is no battle video because of his sister unplugged the router before record the match, but he can confirm my victory.

Steelteam and I have time zone differences, so we'll let you know as soon as we will be able to battle, sorry keep you waiting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)