Smogon Premier League II - All-Star Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
49/50 battles completed, a new record!

You can look at the updated standings to see how close this season is really shaping up to be.

So we've got a week off from the official side of things, but that doesn't mean this week will be without action. IT'S ALL-STAR WEEK, BABY.

So what we've done is taken the top 2 records from each tier, placed them on new teams, and pit them against each other. Top seed on one team; second seed on the other.

Should make for some excellent matches.

I realize that some of you guys are expecting to face against each other later in the season and might not want to reveal your team and to you I say: make a new team, this week's supposed to be for fun.

And what would conference matchups be without conference names?

It's an all out grudge match this week with the Pokemon Players v. the Social Smogoners, with new team names to match.

Introducing:

The Uncharted Nigslammers

BW OU 1: Atticus | The Indie Scooters | 4-1
BW OU 2: Heist | Smogon's Greatest Brits | 4-1
BW OU 3: Iconic | The Wifi Wolfpack | 4-1
BW UBER: Eo Ut Mortus | Congregation of the Classiest | 5-0
VGC 2011: OmegaDonut | Smogon's Greatest Brits | 5-0
DPP OU: eaglesrock | The Indie Scooters | 5-0
DPP UU: ToF | Smogon's Greatest Brits | 5-0
ADV OU: goofball | The Wifi Wolfpack | 4-1
GSC: G80 | The Indie Scooters | 5-0
RBY: The_Chaser | The Alpha Ruiners | 5-0

and secondly

a team: battlers

BW OU 1: Folgorio | The Indie Scooters | 4-1
BW OU 2: Krack | Smogon's Greatest Brits | 4-1
BW OU 3: PttP | The Wifi Wolfpack | 4-1
BW UBER: trickroom | The Wifi Wolfpack | 5-0
VGC 2011: Huy | Congregation of the Classiest | 3-1
DPP OU: Scofield | The Alpha Ruiners | 4-1
DPP UU: IronBullet93 | The Wifi Wolfpack | 4-0
ADV: kael | The Alpha Ruiners | 3-0-1
GSC: Nitro | The Cryonicles | 3-1
RBY: dbolt | The Ever Grande Bigs | 4-1

========================================

Two great teams if I do say so myself. So let's get on to the pairings!

The Uncharted Nigslammers (5) vs. a team: battlers (6)

BW OU 1: Atticus v. Folgorio
BW OU 2: Heist v. Krack
BW OU 3: Iconic v. PttP
BW UBER: Eo Ut Mortus v. trickroom
VGC 2011: OmegaDonut v. Huy
DPP OU: eaglesrock v. Scofield
DPP UU: ToF v. IronBullet93
ADV: goofball v. kael
GSC: G80 v. Nitro
RBY: The_Chaser v. dbolt

Oh, and one more thing - the two managers from the top ranked teams as of Week 5 are also going to do a battle.

You two can decide what tier you want to compete in

evan v. Jackal

THIS WEEK IS A SPECTACLE. IT'S FOR THE FANS. DO NOT PUT NO SPECTATORS ON.

THE DEADLINE FOR THIS WEEK IS SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26TH, AT 11:59:59. THIS DEADLINE WILL NOT BE EXTENDED

I normally don't post predictions for SPL since I have an obvious betting interest even in the matches that don't involve my team, but since this is a special occasion...

BW OU 1: Atticus v. Folgorio JMC
BW OU 2: Heist v. Krack
BW OU 3: Iconic v. PttP

jesus i dont know shit about bw i just picked pttp because iconic was mean :(

BW UBER: Eo Ut Mortus v. trickroom
VGC 2011: OmegaDonut v. Huy because he cant lose them all right
DPP OU: eaglesrock v. Scofield
DPP UU: ToF v. IronBullet93 how the fuck....
ADV: goofball v. kael
GSC: g80 vs Nitro activity imo
RBY: The_Chaser v. dbolt

Synre v. Jackal
I'm not really sure what Jackal and I will play but we see a lot of each other so I'm sure we'll get something out there... probably I won't take this as seriously as he's likely to but it'll be fun I think. Gonna try and play more than one meta/game and let Paul play some of my matches since the Sharks are tied with our teams' so he should get to play too.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
TBH should've done it like MLB, there are three teams completely unrepresented and that's lame for us folk. :(

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
way to be wolfpack representing hard.

im gonna steamroll synre ;)

fun little thing to pass the time while midseason pickups are on LN, very nice idea.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know that Eo v. Trickroom was recorded (thanks jumpluff)

If the rest of you could either make your battle known in the thread as to when it's going down, or /notice #premier and #dreamworld, I'd like to at the VERY least get logs of all the matches, if not get them all recorded for people to enjoy!

Thanks in advance! :)

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
check out all the scooters

scoot scoot scoot to the finals, kids.

strike terror in the hearts of our opponents

although synre is bad at pokemon.

BW OU 1: Atticus v. Folgorio atticus is good
BW OU 2: Heist v. Krack calum is a bro
BW OU 3: Iconic v. PttP i hear pttp sucks and iconic is good
BW UBER: Eo Ut Mortus v. trickroom already done, was gonna predict trickroom anyway
VGC 2011: OmegaDonut v. Huy tossup
DPP OU: eaglesrock v. Scofield eagles is cool
DPP UU: ToF v. IronBullet93 hard one but gotta go with my fellow great smogon brit
ADV: goofball v. kael dont know much about adv but i've heard goofballs one of the best
GSC: G80 v. Nitro dont really know nitro and i've heard g80 is good
RBY: The_Chaser v. dbolt the_chaser is good from what i've been told

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
To make up for johnning out of the Huy/Duy week 5 matchup, Duy and I will be hosting a Charity VGC Exhibition match during the All-Star week! Now, we're all tired of seeing VGC11 Best of 3 so Duy and I are gonna be playing a different game...to determine who's REALLY the best brother.

The match will be best of 3 consisting of:
1 VGC 2009 Match
1 VGC 2010 Match
1 VGC BW Match -- Standard VGC 11 rules apply except for one -- Pokemon from regions other than Unova will be allowed.

Match time will be announced SOON!

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I see you decided to roll with the all star idea. So much for a week on the beaches of Hawaii, but I guess it's an honor just to be selected. 3 ruiners on the team without our top 2 players from last season! Kinda annoying that I have to play eaglesrock both this week and next week, but whatever.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
BW OU 1: Atticus v. Folgorio - Captain Atticus is a secret Brit and will surely win
BW OU 2: Heist v. Krack - Battle of Britain. Indra is going to ghost battle for both sides and somehow manage to win twice.
BW OU 3: Iconic v. PttP - I hate wolfpack i hope they both lose
BW UBER: Eo Ut Mortus v. trickroom - I predict that trick room will win in a haxy match
VGC 2011: OmegaDonut v. Huy - Again? Guys you are really going to knock Huy's confidence if you force him to repeatedly lose to OD
DPP OU: eaglesrock v. Scofield - I have been informed by my scouts that eagles do, in fact, rock.
DPP UU: ToF v. IronBullet93 - ToF is not playing at his best this week because the SGB budget couldn't cover his 5-0 party and he is feeling disheartened and under-appreciated.
ADV: goofball v. kael - If kael doesn't win the battle, his post afterwards will probably be deserved of a tie.
GSC: G80 v. Nitro - 13.3r times flyer than a G6
RBY: The_Chaser v. dbolt - dbolt to win by battle timeout

Synre v. Jackal - I predict Synre will lose regardless of the metagame because all he ever seems to say is "I am so out of practise. wow i suck. i am bad at pokemon" and I trust his judgement moreso than my own.

Huy vs Duy - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3248976&postcount=135

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)