Smogon Premier League II - Manager Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it'd be cool if people other than "the friends of the previous owners" got to manage, let this turn into an old boy's club circlejerk

JUST SAYIN

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assistant Managers from last year get priority to manage their teams if the head Manager does not return.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's true.

Format Thread that you should have read said:
• There will not always be 10 manager slots to fill. Past managers in good standing (as determined by Tournament Directors and the hosts of the tournament) will be invited to return as GMs of their respective teams at the beginning of the season. If they refuse the position, past Assistant Managers of the same team (in good standing, of course) will be offered the position. If he/she too refuses, the position is up for grabs to the general public.

Sure seems to make a lot more sense for players who were on teams before to replace departing owners as well; part of the point of keepers and keeping owners and teams and all that noise is continuity anyway...

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it'd be cool if people other than "the friends of the previous owners" got to manage, let this turn into an old boy's club circlejerk

JUST SAYIN
One of the reasons (behind the fact that I'm way too busy) that I'm not managing this year is because last year the SPL was full of maliicious, overly competitive, and inflammatory attitudes, can you please keep your angry shit out of this tournament?

None of the other smogon tournaments have near the amount of anger the last season of spl had. There's a nicer way to give suggestions, cim.

and Synre is right, there is a sense of camaraderie and pride that goes along with being on/managing a team. Someone from a team from last season should be the one leading it this year when possible to not completely wreck that camaraderie.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
sonuis quit smogon

just a heads up, he posted it int he loa thread, and the date on the post matches his last visit.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
GoldenKnight and Ditto will be my new ass men this year... I mean assistant managers.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED

Your 2011 Smogon Premier League managers are as follows:

The Indie Scooters - Synre
The Alpha Ruiners - whistle
The Ever Grande BIGS - Fabbles
The Congregation of the Classiest - Rory
Smogon's Greatest Brits - Kinneas
The Cryonicles - Huntofthelion
The Wifi Wolfpack - Jackal
The Circus Maximus Tigers - tennisace

and introducing our newest teams, to replace Les Trous Du Cul Elegants, and the Firebot Charmanders:

The Stark Sharks - makiri

and

The Team Raiders - RBG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)