1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Premier League 2 - Play-offs - Finals! [Won by The Stark Sharks]

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by LonelyNess, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franky

franky
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

shout outs to urag right kael
  2. Venser

Venser

i loved watching uraga grow as a competetive battler throughout the season
  3. uraga

uraga Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
    is a Contributor Alumnus

<kaell> thancks =]
  4. 6A9 Ace Matador

6A9 Ace Matador veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE

what a sociopath
  5. remlabmez

remlabmez @dacopboss
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

smogon reaction to phil winning a trophy cuz hes fkn bad at this game

[​IMG]
  6. Conflict

Conflict And who are you, the proud lord said That I must bow so low?
    is a Pre-Contributoris a SPL Winner

Ok i guess i should say something at least.

First of all I'd like to thank the management of the sharks that they trusted me and purchased me in the auction. It was a blast being a part of the sharks! I think was made us so succesful and maybe set us apart from other teams was the fact that we werent a bunch of individuals but rather a true team. We tested, built and and improved most of the teams together which enabled us to go into every battle perfectly prepared. Not to mention that all sharks were super cool guys (yes you too Mop!) and girls (<3 pluff) so it was kinda easy to socialize with each other. I think i can safely say that most of all are e-friends of mine by now.

Alright time to go into the detail.

Zwang/Makiri
    - I never knew u before this and im kinda glad i got to know you. You are just an awesome dude and if i was gay i would hit on you. I consider you a close friend and we HAVE to meet up some time in the future. I hope you will continue managing the sharks for decades. Oh you are an awesome manager too as fas as i can tell (just look at our trades - 5,5k for husk yes please!).

MoP - The backbone of our team. You helped everyone out with preparations and are just super knowledgeable - in other areas not so much unfortunately. I dont know how often you barged into on of my discussions (soliloquy) about the good things in live and started to talk over pokemon of all things. Well you helped me out greatly with GSC which gave me the chance to maintain a decent record. Without you winning the whole thing would been a lot lot harder. And i just love your rageposts!

Blue Kirby
    - Our mascot? Maybe - definitely our lucky charm though. ASS MANAGER of da Season.

Philip7086 - You did a great job as our captain. You are quite easy-going and definitely understand the game in its finest. If someone needed help you were there to help out. Good luck with your new job!

Lady Bug
    - Awesome player, i still cant believe how you beat Pttp in the Semis with your Gen4-Hailstallteam - that was just wow! I still remember how you said after a certain amount of turns: "Yo, i got this!" and we were all like "What?". When i first met you in the Smogon Tour finals 9 you were a great enemy and now you changed into a great teammate. If we needed a surefire win you were someone we could rely on.

Eternal - Unfortunately you didnt show up or talked much in the #sharks channel or irc in general, but when you did it was always pretty professional. You are definitely one of the best battlers out there but somehow people tend to overlook you (i dont know why though you had so much success in the past and now you have a nice trophy to garnish it).

DarkLucario - One of my best buddies from germany and you are still as cool as ever. You certainly surprised me how you won some of your matches exspecially in the first weeks when you used some ass-weak team. You are certainly a good battler and im pretty sure you could have performed even better if you actually played BW Ubers. Did you play one BW Ubers match aside from the SPL ones - i dont think so..... Oh in the last week(s) you shared your humurous thoughts with us which kept us entertained in the waiting time ("Monkeys, Monkeys everywhere!").

Sixonesix - Quite knowledgeable of the VGC which made me sometimes stare in awe (i dont know shit of VGC+the new pokenames). After the first 3 weeks i was a bit sceptical about you but afterwards you showed me (and everyone else) what a boss you are.

Carl - Laid-back mate. You won when we needed it the most and set the mood in the finals. You were quite unlucky throughout the season which may have been my fault. I still think you used up all your luck in your test matches vs me (Wrapnite 5-0ing me in RBY -.-). You were always nice to talk to.

panamaxis - Man you have some great ideas for Pokemonsets. You even inspired me to try out Gen4 again. As soon as you were a shark you fought with full enthusiasm for our goal. Not only that but you are also the kind of guy i could hang out some time with.

husk
    - Fun pal! Definitely one of the best all-around players around with solid teams. You didnt play much but alone your presence made the opposition shiver in fright. I definetly enjoyed the football (soccer for you silly americans) discussions we had in the channel - it seems like we (the germans + you) have the same interests.

Sapientia
    - My other fellow german. It was cool to have you around too, but you shoulda have joined the channel more often as you already did - you missed the best conversations (and battles). Oh and next time dont try to break the 10-0, will ya?

Ala - You had one of the hardest job even if it didnt look like that. You had to be prepared for every metagame out there as our one-and-only sub and you had to be available when the need for you arised. Well what can i say? You accomplished all of this nicely (just remember the 5-0 vs goofball). You stepped up big whenever we needed you. With this in mind we always had a very solid player to fall back on.

Stone_Cold - Man youre one of the most awesome buddies out there. The first time i got to know you (battle of the forums) i already had this feeling and when we met again in the sharks this feeling strengthened. Woulda been great to get the trophy with you but fortune decided otherwise. Your picture war with KG was just hilarious by the way. Still a Shark in your heart!

B-Lulz
    - Really grandiose! You hung out with us on a regularly basis even after you got traded away. You supported us throughout the whole season and you are still a shark in your heart.

lambasto - ??? I think i knew some people of our rivaling teams better than you - i think that says anything....

jumpfluff - The only women in our channel and so she had to fend of a bazillion greedy nerds asking her out. No seriously it was awesome to get to know you.

Loven - Thanks for the support man! Numba 1 supporter!

Atticus - Attibro. Yeah was great to hang out with you sometime even though you made me really angry once.

khoa/goofball - You supported us to some extent and were in our channel like the whole season (lol ^.^).

Zracknel - Thanks for the logo - it is by far the best and most badass one around! Great job!

Lonelyness - Yo thanks for hosting this great tournament. I think you did a great job afterall. In the later part of the spl i was able to hang out with you a bit and ou are a relaxed guy. Im still sorry for losing you the 2 games due to my bad connection. We should play some time together again nontheless!

Ruiners - Good job making it this far! You were definitely really hard to beat. Oh and a special word to Scofield: Why so agressive? This makes you look like a bad loser - take a look at your own teammate kael and learn something:
    other teams - It was fun playing you all!

Thanks to you all i had a great season. Im still thankful that you guys bid for me so that i could join the sharks in the big wide sea.
    It was exspecially challenging and interesting for me to learn GSC. I think i can be honest here - the last time i played GSC was when HP's were still banned guess that says enough. MoP helped me a great deal to find into the metagame and built some teams with me (not all!) I have to say GSC is quite an enjoyable generation. It was a great experience to play vs all the GSC topdogs - something i want to repeat next season if possible.

Well thats all. Now i have one year to polish my trophy and then its time to defend it - im already eager to do so. See you again next year!
  7. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Little Cup Pope

Uh.. I'm the one and only Ass Manager.
  8. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

But if missed by the Sharks... ????????????? Cool bias, bro.

also can husk NOT get a trophy (or get it revoked since he already has it now) I mean it's not like he ever actually battled or anything :|

[​IMG]
  9. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

thanks for the kind words conflict!
  10. Vaz

Vaz

GG

Thanks, bye.
  11. Sapientia

Sapientia Wenn ich sterbe, dann zumindest für den Puller in der Fotze
    is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Ok i guess i should say something too:

10-0s suck
  12. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

aldaron's presence excites me too

congrats sharks, tigers still #1 fuck the haters
  13. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

congratulations sharks
  14. JemVoid

JemVoid

Congrats Sharks.
  15. Delko

Delko
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ugh, the Sharks won. Nah jk, Congrats! ^^
  16. Deinosaur

Deinosaur GO GOOMY

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN
  17. ironman

ironman

congratulations sharks...
  18. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

good show x
  19. SteelPokemonFan

SteelPokemonFan

Congrats to the Sharks!
  20. Shock Trooper

Shock Trooper

I expect nothing less from a team that gets it name from the GREATEST NHL team around.

Seriously though, congrats Sharks! (your victory here is a preview of the Stanley Cup yes/yes)
  21. mudkipmaster

mudkipmaster

Great job sharks!!!!
    Can't wait till the next SPL. It will be my first!
  22. LizardMan

LizardMan A mo so true.
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Congrats Sharks, and great job to anyone who participated. I really wish I could participate in this one day, it looks like an amazing experience.
  23. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

That was a AAA meltdown. Truly a sight to behold.
  24. Focus

Focus Nerd is the word.
    is a Tiering Contributor

Congratulations on the whole winning the trophy thing! I tried to post sooner, but my computer simply decided to be a failure.
  25. Loki

Loki like seashells
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Champion

o

pet scofield
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)