1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Premier League 2 - Week 1

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by LonelyNess, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan

Alan

posting to say holy shit the wolfpack logo is adorable omg i cannot handle this.

carry on
  2. Sapientia

Sapientia Depression war nie tragbar doch steht mir so gut
    is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

i beat kael, but we batteld on po, because my NetBattle does not work. He agreed to this before the match

gg
  3. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

GOOD SHIT, SHARKS GETTIN IT
  4. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

YEAAAAAAA SHARKS
  5. kael

kael
    is a SPL Winner

Well I think the fight was not fair, he can do that already trade the ability to dugtrio was wrong, but if he wants to win this way, it's okay to get the win I would play again.

If I lost it a clean fight and fun

if you gain would be fair and fun

remembering the fun and play, but okay, in the next matches. I'll play just as the rule.

Rules :

ADV OU

• All matches must be played on Netbattle Supremacy.
  6. kael

kael
    is a SPL Winner

I'm not trying to undo what I lost, I lost to last year GigaPush.

But then I won another match and lost in the finals for the G80 in fair fights.

Now Sapientia has benefited from the bugs in the Pokemon online
  7. Cristal

Cristal

Kael definitly owns =]
  8. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

ADV OU

• All matches must be played on Netbattle Supremacy.
    From LN directly: 5. Rule Breaking – There is no excuse for breaking any of the predetermined rules. If you are caught breaking a rule, you will lose your match. There is no lenience with regards to this. Break a rule, you lose. Period. It's in this thread:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3215414&highlight=rules#post3215414

This isn't about kael agreeing to do it on PO. Note spl already doesn't allow you to break rules even they are predetermined; look at making matches early.

This is about before that. Sharks knowingly put someone into ADV, sapientia, who couldn't play on the required simulator.

That's what this is about. First step. Kael should never have been put in the position in the first place.

Sharks knowingly put someone who couldn't play on the required simulator into ADV, and therefore should either be forced to lose ADV or take a rematch with someone on NBS, as stated by the rules.

Talk all you want, but the first indiscretion, in chronological order, was made by the sharks by putting someone who couldn't adhere to the clearly stated rules in that slot.

EDIT: for more examples of how it doesn't matter whether or not you agree, and how rules are rules:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2750051&postcount=142

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2750277&postcount=145
  9. BIG loven

BIG loven Not so little anymore

10. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I loaded the team I was going to use vs mien but it did not successfully load, so yeah. gg
  11. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

blah blah sore losers blah blah

Here are all the posts that I could find related to the battle timeout fiasco last season and the subsequent ruling.

I think this last post (the original post found in the Smogon Premier League Format thread) speaks for itself.

I hate that an otherwise clean week was ruined at the last minute. I hold no ill will towards makiri (I LOVE YOU) or MoP, I would just like to see an informed ruling issued by the tournament staff or LonelyNess.
  12. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

aldaron's logic is sound. The players don't get to redetermine the rules of the tournament. I'll see what LN has to say about it.
  13. mien

mien
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Quite unfortunate, all you had to do was click 'load team' before the match started.

Nonetheless the game was nearly hax free and was quite close, gg
  14. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

5. Rule Breaking – There is no excuse for breaking any of the predetermined rules. If you are caught breaking a rule, you will lose your match. There is no lenience with regards to this. Break a rule, you lose. Period.

Well it looks like to me that by playing on PO, not only did Sap break the rule, but Kael did as well. So the logical decision according to this rule is to simply Disqualify them both. If that's the case, then Sharks still win in a close 5-4 upset.

<3
  15. Aldaron

is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Actually no. When a rule is broken, first of all, it isn't an immediate disqualification. The circumstances are considered, and in this case, if it is truly determined that both kael and sapientia are equally at fault, it would be a rematch, not a voiding of the match lol (that doesn't even make sense).

However, that is not the problem. The problem is that either:

a.) Sapientia knowingly put himself into adv and didn't tell you, and therefore should himself be disqualified prior to any talks with kaell

b.) Sharks knew he couldn't, and went ahead with breaking a rule. In that case, sharks would be forced to forfeit the slot.

It's chronology stonecold; your best options are rematch with someone who can play on nbs (case a), or forfeit the slot (case b).
  16. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Last season when the players both agreed to break a rule, the match was replayed.

There is no precedent for entirely voiding the match in this scenario.
  17. Alan

Alan

I think anyone can see what is going on here pretty easily: Aldaron and the Alpha Ruiners don't have faith in the rest of their team to make up for this loss. Shame.
  18. eaglesrock

eaglesrock

Scooters let's get it
  19. Sapientia

is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

kael asked me if I want to battle on nb or po, so it was HIS idea to battle on po.

And please stop embarrassing yourself, you are worse criers than reyscarface and if you cannot lose, stop this game :x

Actually there is no working Netbattle Supremacy Download (as the one I found turned out to be invalid), so I have to ask why am I forced to battle on a simulator you cannot download anywhere on the internet? And why am I forced to battle on a specific simulator? This just causes problems, but has no advantage. I have a lot of experience in hosting tournaments and I always allowed people to play on any simulator they want as long it has the right mechanics, they can even use their link cable if the battle gets done.

This is also a completly other case than timeout because this is a rule, that's only sense is to fullfill this rule.
  20. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

its not crying its being passionate

fucking hater
  21. Aldaron

OU and IRC Leader

This is honestly so cut and dry that there is no point in continuing. Rules are rules.

If we for a moment ignore that sapientia volunteered himself to play for adv knowing he couldn't play on nbs (this is grounds for a forfeit of that slot btw), and if we for a moment ignore everything and just place equal blame on both kael and sapientia for playing on PO, the bottom line is that a rematch has to take place on nbs.

It's in the rules, and it's already established precedent that players cannot pre agree to break the rules.

Cut and dry. Simple. Rematch on nbs.

Have a nice day.
  22. eaglesrock

eaglesrock

Shut up, "you're an easy win."
  23. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

hahaha kael is a fucking sore ass loser dont let him get away with this please
  24. Sapientia

Mentor

When I signed up my NetBattle worked perfectly - then my PC chrashed and NetBattle got deleted. I struggeld to find a download link and finally found one and though it works, as the Teambuilder worked perfectly. My misstake was that I did not try if I can go online, I admit that!

And you are sore loser, I would not care and give my opponent the win in your situation.
  25. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You issued a challenge moments before I loaded my team (the team I had set for this match), yet the account you challenged was the team I was forced to use.

gg anyways man and sorry team ; (
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)