Smogon Premier League II - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
man you all know that this is only because you guys lost. despite what lengths you guys would assume i would go to to win, you know we would not have brought this up or even cared if kael win and you know damn well this is just a 'last chance but we have some hope to not lose this guys'

and as an actual battler, you know in tournaments if you or your opponent can't get on one medium, you dont post in a battle topic "well..he can't make it so i want the win'. you actually try to dl the other thing for the person

also, what difference does it make where it's battled? it doesn't have direct conflict like timer stalling. all you're asking now is for a another chance of luck for different rng on a different client seriously this is pathetic

and of course thank you ln for another 'tuck rule' instance. dumb rule to have in the first place

lol... are you guys really being serious here? Because this is pretty pathetic if you are, and I expected better from your team. Especially you, Aldaron. How the hell are you going to agree to play somewhere, knowing it's against the rules, and then try to sneak off with the win after losing because it was against the rules to play there in the first place? How incredibly convenient for you guys, to put yourselves in a win-win situation like this. If you won the match, everything's gravy, and if you lost, you can try to pull the bullshit you're pulling right now. Kael played the match on PO himself. He should "lose" too by these rules. If he wanted a win based on the rules LN stated (a ridiculously pointless rule, might I add), then he could have easily said "No, it's against the rules to play on PO. We have to play on NBS". Don't feed me any bullshit about which event chronologically came first, and who should have been disqualified before even playing, etc. If you wanted to get a DQ win you know when the appropriate time to call it was, and you guys didn't. I'm sure if you said "No, we have to play on NBS", Sapientia would have found a way to get it and play.

This is without a doubt the most pathetic attempt to a loophole win I've ever seen, and I hope LN can see through this and make the right call. This is a competitive Pokemon tournament. Don't forget that.

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that this is not the entire Alpha Ruiners' opinion, so I retract my statement calling out the whole team. Sorry if you felt insulted and weren't involved.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Actually, we didn't put ourselves in the win-win, you guys put us in the win-win by slotting sapientia into adv when he couldn't even use nbs. That's not "bullshit," that's a fact, and honestly, a hilarious one.

We weren't initially going for a forfeit win in that slot, but I think we should go for that now considering how the sharks' response to this has been either trolling (stonecold) or sheer ad hominem (philip and stonecold).

Rules are rules, the most you guys can argue is kael played on PO as well so the match should be rematched on NBS.

alright let's step back from the 'rules' for a second

if you were not involved in this week match up or let's say this happened between two other teams, which side would you read aldaron, and think, they should get the win

and because i know how suspicious you are of anything said to me in a tournament, this will not be used against you in 'trying to weasel' ln into this

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey dickholes, stop using loopholes for wins. This is suppose to be a fun tournament, not the goddamn World Series

Just play the game over and be done with it. And this is coming from a Ruiners supporter

This is easy if LN didn't copy and paste rules! All LN has to do is add Adv can be played on either NBS or PO and the match is valid. You guys are beyond ridic nigga played on a different sim who gives a flippin flyin fuck -.-

Hey guys, if the Sharks are indeed the better team, I don't see why they would have a problem winning a quick adv with the proper rules to prove it.

Hey guys, if the Sharks are indeed the better team, I don't see why they would have a problem winning a quick adv with the proper rules to prove it.

Yeah like in a pick-up basketball game when you know the balls out on you yet you keep going "bet you won't shoot for it"

nice try

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only reason that Pokemon Online was not a valid simulator initially was because I was told that it had bugs with the ADV damage calculation (it wasn't there for a reason, I didn't just copy paste the rules). However, it was brought to my attention that that problem was fixed, so I meant to change the rule (I thought I had, honestly, because Earthworm and I went over the rules and fixed typos). I apologize that the rules were not clear at the start of this week.

However, regardless of the fact that the rule SHOULD have said "You can play on Pokemon Online as well", it didn't say that, and you only have the rules in front of you to go on.

You both knowingly broke the rules, which is unacceptable, so I'm maintaining my precedent. You both lose. The match is void. It is not eligible for replay.

Next week expect to be allowed to play on Pokemon Online.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Curious to know what precedent LN is referring to, since what I remember happens in a match with 2 people pre agreeing to breaking rules is:

[15:39:04] <~Earthworm> im not sure what precedent hes referring to
[15:39:07] <&stellar> wait maybe not
[15:39:16] <&stellar> but didnt ew get a replay last year
[15:39:20] <&stellar> with the timer thing
[15:39:22] <~Earthworm> yea
[15:39:30] <~Earthworm> after my ... opponent left for no reason

rematch.

ln's fault that it didn't say we could play on PO, and seeing as how there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to on it in the first place, that rule should be ignored and we should get the 6-4.

6-4 win.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Violating these rules will earn a loss for your team and may result in you being banned from all future Smogon Premier League seasons.
So, since we're into being pedantic about the rules, both players should lose as LN said (LN doesn't suck for once???)

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
You cant blame the Alpha Ruiners going for trying to get a "dirty" win against the other team. It just means they are using creative and devious tactics to gain an advantage and I personally have no problem with that. If your team is too stupid to see it, you deserve to lose. It's just the Sharks weren't and thats a testament to both teams intelligence levels.

Aldaron

geriatric
Kael was the one who agreed, and as I'm sure you have noticed, there is a significant language barrier there.

I wouldn't have let him agree to battling with Sapientia on a simulator that wasn't approved.

However, that is only referring to your classy dig.

The whole point here is that pre-agreeing to break the rules doesn't matter, and the precedent that was set by the earthworm phyres match was that it is a rematch.

So clearly the right thing isn't being done here.

Whats next, both players start a battle (accept) with no sleep clause, no one poke gets slept and the loser can force replay??

allowing a replay would set a dangerous precedent >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)