Status
Not open for further replies.
so heres the core of the issue:

08:21 smurfy aldaron why you complaining so hard
08:21 smurfy the mechanics are correct on po
08:22 aldaroff nothing to do with mechanics, just taking advantage of the rules
08:22 smurfy so in essence
08:22 smurfy sap won legit
08:22 aldaroff though there is that one glitch on PO that defaults your abilities to the first one when you switch gens
08:22 smurfy and you're just trying to scam a replay
08:22 kd24 its a last ditch chance at victory
08:22 Eo did that even come into play?
08:22 aldaroff you can interpret however you want to
08:22 aldaroff yea eo, kael would have won for sure had dugtrio had arena trap
08:22 aldaroff and not sand veil
08:23 smurfy well thats the fault of the user
08:23 JabbaTheGriffin shouldn't you check that before battling -_-
08:23 smurfy check
08:23 JabbaTheGriffin i check my shit before every tourney battle i play
08:23 Eo yeah

my biggest issue is that po's feature should be trusted to work and it affected the outcome of the match (which kael would have won)

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You guys can try avoiding the issue as much as you like, but it's still really simple.

1.) Pre agreeing to battle while breaking a rule doesn't matter.

2.) The last time pre agreeing to battle while breaking a rule occured in spl, the match was replayed. (earthworm vs. phyres, spl1)

We deserve a rematch on nbs.

Taylor's team didn't load properly before their battle because things went too fast. LN had Hardy Sceptile because he went too fast. People have forgotten moves on their Pokemon because they went too fast. Any of those situations could have been avoided; everyone before recognized this, and even though it sucks for them, they aren't challenging their losses. Sand Veil Dugtrio in ADV is default nature, and if you don't check it in NBS, the same thing will happen; I know a few times I've had Sand Veil Dugtrio in a match. Blame is on kael in this case for not being careful.

LN ruling is even dumber than this situation. I'm literally lolling.

Just wanted to mention that importing a team through text sometimes gives them the "wrong" ability. just an FYI. But i'm still laughing at all of this lol.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Since LN is playing, weren't all decisions to be made by Mekkah? And didn't he say he agreed with Aldaron's logic earlier in this topic? Let's not pile a bad precedent on top of another bad precedent by letting LN make this call.

Since LN is playing, weren't all decisions to be made by Mekkah? And didn't he say he agreed with Aldaron's logic earlier in this topic? Let's not pile a bad precedent on top of another bad precedent by letting LN make this call.
Only the ones he can't make, especially considering I haven't been as active in SPL as I thought I would be (and would have liked to be).

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If we're going to be complete bitches about following rules, this is probably a good time to update the VGC rules for next week (since it turns out that team preview is not used after all). I was going to just go ahead and not use team preview from now on anyway since all the VGC guys know this, but apparently we aren't allowed to use common sense!

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Only the ones he can't make, especially considering I haven't been as active in SPL as I thought I would be (and would have liked to be).
Sorry, but that is simply unacceptable. I absolutely do not accept LN's ability to make these decisions for several reasons. I did not approve of him making any decisions before the season started and I still don't, I let it go when a TD assured me that Mekkah will be making every decision in terms of rulings. However, since I simply don't want to call him out in public, I do not want to disclose them here, I will in pm or in our SPL channel if you wish though. If you are unable to commit the time to SPL then I would like a 3rd commissioner to make these activity calls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)