Smogon Premier League II - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to thank whistle and the Alpha Ruiners for being great competitors this week. Best of luck throughout the rest of the regular season.

We'll get 'em next week, boys. :pimp:

last activity post, i think jibaku and i set a date up too late, we tried both. its neither of our fault, to my team: ill try to set up times earlier in the future

fwiw afaik you said you were gonna be gone for 7 hours four and a half hours ago because you were "going to a party" when the two of you ran into each other before but that maybe youd be able to battle later

jibaku has been around most of the day and talked to you earlier today...? he is apparently afk for dinner but im sure if you stick around you can get it done.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah. Because getting up at 4am for a pokemon battle scheduled at 4am and having to wait an extra 20mins after 4am for some dude who thinks showing up ~only~ 20 mins later than 4am (the scheduled time) is so damn cool and not that big of a deal............is, really, not that big of a deal. Right?

Fuck outta here with that bullshit.
I love you.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really didn't want to rage this week, but this fucking game just doesn't let me win even when I play as well as I possibly can and probably had it won. GG.

yeah bluewind got really unlucky and without that luck, we would have had a much closer and more enjoyable game than that shit we just played. i won in a bad game.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
So mind shows up approximately one and a half hour early and I was at dinner, not expecting him to come until around 9:00, approximately 30 minutes before he would supposedly sign on. Mind has to go to sleep now and we can't do our match unless there's an extension =/

Rundown of what happened:

Friday, 10:21 AM, Mind VMs me to set up a battle time. He asked when would I want to play (I wasn't there at the time because I was going to uni)

Same day, 6:35 PM, I replied, saying that I can battle on Saturday. I may be on for most of the time, but between morning till noon I will not be there due to a dentist's appointment

Saturday, 5:13 AM. Mind asks what time. I guess my previous statement "don't expect me till noon" combined with "may be on for most of the time" wasn't clear. But the question did allow me to rethink my available times.

Saturday, 10:29 AM. Replied to him that I may not be back till 2:00-3:00 PM due to a delay in the appointment.

Mind's Last activity at that time: 5:23 AM

Saturday, 12:46 PM. I returned from the dentist, expecting him to at least get on. Even if he didn't receive my latest message, he should have arrived at around noon because of what I said earlier.

Mind's Last activity at that time: 5:23 AM

Okay anyways
Saturday, 2:28 PM. Mind shows up only to leave me a brief message that he'd be at a party for around 7 hours. (Really should've mentioned this to me earlier).

This isn't too bad. I could set up dinner at around 7:45 and be done in about an hour at worst. That should get me about 30 minutes before Mind's supposed arrival, right??

Saturday, 8:01 PM. Mind returns. VMs me a message saying he has to go to sleep soon. I was still at dinner

Saturday: 8:20 PM. Last message from Mind over irc PM.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
[17:53:15] <@Conflict> Originally Posted by Fat Conflict
[17:53:15] <@Conflict> Yo, we still have to battle.
[17:53:15] <@Conflict> When are you free? Since i have to work today i would prefer if we can do our battle on Saturday.
[17:53:15] <@Conflict> with best regards Conflict
[17:53:15] <@Conflict> I should be good to battle Saturday afternoon, probably any time from 6 to 11 EST.

Bolded part from zfs. It is now 9 pm EST and 3 am in Conflict's time zone. Conflict made the first effort to contact and zfs gave that proposed time, so now we've been waiting zfs to show up.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am not going to complain about luck cause i understand it is a part of the game, and its not worth wasting my breath.

What I am going to complain about is this waiting until Saturday bullshit. We had 4 battles done coming into today when every single member of my team is constantly on irc in #awoo, a channel that is not invite only specifically for this reason. Furthermore, none of my team members are hard to contact at all, and in previous weeks we were always first to finish our matches.

With that said, I think it would be completely absurd to even consider giving conflict an activity win in this case, despite the above post. If conflict had even tried to come on irc once all week and look for zfs, he would have found him.

Not saying zfs should get the activity win either, because he didn't show up after he allegedly gave a time period where he could be online. Furthermore, its not like conflict even stayed online for this whole time period as he signed off after Rocka's battle.

the only right call is no decision. I am not going to sit here and issue threats, but if Conflict is given the activity win, im not sure why there is any incentive to battle before saturday.

while no decision is gay for a deciding match...perhaps ln will give a one time exemption for an after the deadline battle if zfs is on within the next few hours past the deadline (like until the next morning) but of course we'll all probably be graced with 'precedent' shouts from the pitchfork crowd

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Conflict is always on irc and on the forums and the fact of the matter is he was the first to even attempt to contact his opponent, zfs made no such attempts. Time becomes an issue when people are across the globe, but then you factor in that zfs himself agreed that that time frame would be fine for him, I think it is plain to see he put forth no effort to even attempt to get this battle done while Conflict is on at 4 am still waiting for his opponent.

So if both of these guys are always on irc why is this battle still waiting to be done on the last days -____-

Johns are johns are johns are johns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)