1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Premier League 2 - Week 9

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by LonelyNess, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

First off it was 5-2, and I'm sorry, but 5 pokemon outstall 2 everytime in a PP war.
  2. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

PM me the log and I will make a decision
  3. Borat

Borat

Spring break this week for me (since last thursday, really). Didn't really get a chance to go online until friday. Saw GP's message that he would prefer matches at 3am est. Arranged for one friday (saturday morning). It didn't happen. He said he'd be unavailable after 11am saturday, so I woke up at 7am saturday pst (10est) and it didn't happen either. That's all.

I had a pretty short window to make it work. Bummer.

Good thing we're dead last and it doesn't really matter.
  4. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I deleted the useless drama. Everyone should probably mind their own business!

I am not really even sure what the decision is/was, LN clearly posted a decision and then took it back (I am not even gonna comment on that, I think general opinion of LN as a person with the mental capacity to host something like this is well documented). I would like some accountability from the host at the very least.

We have a system instated in the tournament forum and in Official Tournaments for situations like this, and I am not sure why he didn't just follow it. Just another infraction in his long list of miscues as host.

Not even sure what to do or say at this point, but I hope for the sake of whatever dignity is left of this tournament he decides to undelete his post in which he clearly made a ruling.
  5. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

beat ciele in a gg
  6. Lakers

Lakers

Defeated Vashta, GG
  7. TV-Rocka

TV-Rocka
    is a Pre-Contributor

Awoo Nigga, the Wolfs are back!
  8. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

9. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

ogball is the clutchest motherfucker alive
  10. Hantsuki

Hantsuki Brazil's CO! :3
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

ipl was on #sgb today so I called him but no response >:
  11. Lakers

Lakers

oo yeh as I also forgot....

"at least i can actually play a match and not even need to get an activity win to win"--- Solace

LICK THE TIP NIGGA
  12. Solace

Solace swing from the chandelier
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

good job misquoting me nigga
  13. kael

kael
    is a SPL Winner

I won ;D

gogo Alpharuiners
  14. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Mar 27 14:51:19<Solace> at least i can actually play a match and not even need to get an activity win to win

GO KAEL xD
  15. hanke

hanke
    won the 6th Official Smogon Tournament

won against pk gaming, gg
  16. KnightoftheWind

KnightoftheWind
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Well, it's the end of the season, so I'll like to give thanks to RBG & Aerrow for picking me, and thanks to my fellow Team Raiders, it has been fun playing with you guys. Special shoutouts to MDragon and LonelyNess for helping me out with my UU team.

husk is a gigantic dickweed.
  17. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

posting to confirm husk is a huge dougbag
  18. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Lost to Hanke in a gg. Sorry team I let you guys down.
  19. Sixonesix

Sixonesix
    is a Past SPL Winner

he's a bag of dougs
  20. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

i swear by all of clouds gods if you keep this up i will have turban you
  21. Fabbles

Fabbles LN_Slayer
    is a Contributor to Smogon

season 2 ends like season 1... sigh
  22. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

It was fun BIG's.
  23. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Just so there's a post in the thread: I misread the log of PttP vs. MDragon and thought that there were Stealth Rocks on MDragon's side of the field, making Thundurus dead upon switch-in. Which meant that both sides had chances to win, based on who played the endgame better. However, there weren't Rocks up, so it wasn't dead on switching in, so PttP cannot prevent Thundurus from receiving infinite amounts of health from MDragon's Wish Chansey, barring a crit + burn from Flamethrower on the first time that Thundurus comes in to receive a wish. After it gets that first wish from Chansey, it's over as PttP's remaining two Pokemon cannot prevent Thundurus from sweeping with Nasty Plot. This is not even the only way that MDragon can win given the scenario the battle was left in, just the one that is the most irrefutable barring extremely lucky circumstances.

Given this and the fact that a recreation of the events isn't possible, MDragon is being awarded the win.

And, Jackal, I don't know about you, but I'd rather delete a decision post 10 minutes after I make it after realizing a mistake than make the wrong decision based on incorrect information.
  24. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

on a more happy note, thanks for a great season brits. tried my best this year to get us in the playoffs, but another year we came up just a bit short. loved hanging out with you bros on irc, was a lot of fun. next year we better not choke like we did a few weeks ago and we'll definitely get that trophy =]

on a side note, why didnt you play as well as you did in the tour enz0...i'm disappointed :P
  25. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Even though we did not make the playoffs, I am grateful that I got play on the BIGs. I enjoyed getting to know you guys and getting to know some of you even better than before, especially Seven Deadly Sins, who is extremely chill once you get to know him. Also, think you again am for helping test and make teams with me. Its been a fun season nonetheless and I hope to be apart of your team again next year.

Stay BIG!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)