Finals Smogon Premier League III - Finals [Won by The Alpha Ruiners]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah also great job Synre for taking over this tournament on short notice and doing such a good job with it! and to LN for getting the season going.

Good Job Ruiners !
From the auction on, I've been telling to other frenchies that YOU were gonna win it all, so to all of them : I told you.

Crystal_ : Good job overall. I don't care that it's RBY, you got a +5 record so the rest doesn't matter. You'll take your revenge eventually in a future tournament =p. See ya on NBS.

McMeghan : The way you speak and the way you move your body make me sweat. See ya anywhere you want /gay

-----------------------

Pirates.

Stone_Cold : Thanks for choosing me (I would not have entered if you didn't ask me to actually haha). We had some 5-6 losses so if only we were a bit luckier... You're really nice and stuff, see ya around ! <3

Cybertron : You really are great at VGC. It was nice talking to you.

Eo : You rape.

Lamppost : Nice dude, and you did really well. See ya around.

Grind Pantera : You got hella unlucky, don't worry about anything, you've already proved your level.

ala, Alice, SGV & Mizuno : Didn't talk to you guys.

Snunch : Nice guy, you did really well and GG again for the ST8 1st place.

TFC : Nice guy also, but we didn't talk that much.

ToF : Like Snunch, you did well, and thanks for helping the team.

zarator : Thank you for playing while I was missing, and thank you for helping the team also.

Aganemamn : Yo.

As for me, I'm ok with my 3v/3l considering I got quite unlucky at times.

-----------------------

Thanks LN and Synre.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
This first SPL was a great experience. I was first with the Sharks, the defending champion and so I was really confident to win this trophy. But finally, since we lost 4 weeks, since I got banned for one week, this story with eternal etc, i was pretty mad and i didnt care to win this tournament or not. And something unexpected happened. I got a pm from fabbles saying i had been trade to the BIGs and if i was interrested. Of course i accepted and since this day, i did want to win the SPL. I met a lot of great players and guys. But if i had to retain only one person, this is probably Kevin Garrett. Troll me about that, i seriously dont care. I was since 10 sec on #bigs that KG pmed me and gave me some videos and links. He explained me a lot of things about the zen, etc. That seems ridiculous but that seriously helped me a lot. My record was pretty bad and since this day, i only lost one battle against lizardman. At the end of the spl, i have a record of 5-5, which isnt bad when you know that my record was 0-4. Well, thats enough long i guess, i will just comment made a few comments about my teammates, who deserve them i guess.

Fabbles : When i met MoP for the first time, i thought that was the best manager ever, really intimidating and always confident. I was wrong. You're the best manager and i probably cant thank you enough for what you did for me after what happened for the first week. You trusted me even if my record was pretty bad, and that helped me a lot for the rest of the tournament. Hope that you'd still be there next season cause i really want to win this SPL with you and the BIGS. Thank you again.

Kevin Garrett
: My ZEN MASTER. Thank you again for what you did for me. People probably cant understand the zen, but i dont care. You're a great guy and you were the most important player in the team for me, even after your problem with fabbles, you were still pming me to support me for each battle. You didnt help me testing teams or building teams, i didnt need it afterall, you only talked with me and that always worked. That was the most important thing for me before each battle. Thank you again bro.

IFM : Wow. What could i say about you. Eh, first im still sorry for what happened first week lol. I always thought that you were a random player, but i was fucking wrong, once again i guess. You're a great guy, and even if KG was the most important guy for me cause i needed to be confident with me, you were with Limitless the most important players. You were always helping me, testing teams, building teams. You're a really nice guy, gg again for your fucking good record. Probably the best BW OU player of this SPL.

Limitless : I knew Limitless before beeing trade to the BIGS, of course, but i had never talked with him before. And that was a great surprise to see that this guy is really, really nice. You were with KG the one who pmed me and talked to me. You were always trying to support me for everything during the SPL. Such as above, you were really important for me cause i always played against offensive players and you are one of the best offensive players. This skype moment with you was so funny :p Thx again bro and also gg for your nice record !

DracoMalfoy : we didnt talk a lot during the SPL, but you're a great player and a nice guy. I was always 300% confident in you and for good reasons. Thank you again bro

I'm sorry for the others like zdrup, tifanny, marceloDK,mynism, vinc2612 syrim, jorgen, tiba, halloween, SDS, cti, etc but we didnt talk a lot together and i dont really know you =/ I can just thank you guys for your SPL, you all did well.

Well, congratz to the ruiners, you deserved this trophy even though im pretty disappointed about this finals, which was really bad. I wont complain about the haxx, but we werent really lucky during the finals. Im really happy for The Chaser cause he deserved this trophy and i remember when you asked me to help you managing the team :p Im also happy for mcmeghan and folgorio, well deserved guys.

Well this post is enough long, i have to many people to thank, the frenchies, bloo, etc but i dont want to make a scofield's post :p I will just finish my post with a little comment about Go10. Go10 is my tutor for ever and if i had to thank someone, this is him. Too bad that you got lucked once more during the SPL. Thats the only bad thing you gave me, your luck :p Anyway, thank you again dude i hope that the next time i will post a fucking boring story like that, it will be for the ST13 and the Wcup :)

OOps, thx Synre ^^

Anna: you are a good lady woman battler
Bad Romance: haha best RU'er much!?!? im glad you got traded here!! those bigs thought you were poop and if they hadn't trade u then bigs prolly cuda won
Blightbringer: very funny guy, i love him!! and idc wut u say, but hes prolly the best battler ever ;D
Cheaser: Chaser, ahh thank you for wasting your last 4k tokens on me, and never getting mad when i lose - but just encouraging me to do better! and you also protected me from scofield when he tried to trade me ! ilyy best leader everr

Crystal_: this guy makes me wanna play rby next year haha ;) good guy, tutored me well in rby!
Earthworm: this guy ... he is a good battler, loving, always there for you, 30k for you is actually cheap if you can do all this for a team! :):)

FlareBlitz: this guy just makes me love to play UU :D, i remember him back in shoddybattle and i used to stalk all his matches. some day ill be like him (:
Folgorio: I love folgorio!! he was always there for me, he knew i was a good battler and trained with me the whole way! i unleashed my powers in the finals for him!! he is also funny with his hairy ass of shame tricks=]

Kael: CUTEST TYPER EVER! everytime i see him chat on irc, i just want to go "Aweee" irl. i love kael so much :D good job in spl!! good luck with life and marriage xD (also thanks for letting me use your Template to create this haha)
-xtine

Kokoloko: Kokoloko, even though when you weren't playing, you always sticked with us and never quit. and its also funny when the PO people bully u xD <3
McMeghan: McMelissa! GOOD BATTLER , DGF, WAITS TILL LAST DAY AND CREATES TEAM 5 MINS BEFORE BATTLE! you're naturally good at this game and ur a b0zz!
pi face: Somebody call 9-1-1? yup das right, pi_face did! the best record on the team and maybe spl!! true MVP glad to have u on team

Sapphire Birch: Ahh man, i didnt talk to you much but without you man.. we wouldn't have won this spl! i was so happy to see you get the win vs Alaka and that probably encouraged me to do the same for finals :)
xtrashine: i xtra
Scofield: thanks for hating me , just made me wanna try harder to prove u wrong xD
sk: BAIKA, thanks for being in the irc and always giving us tips!! you were a good leader (: u were always there for us
Whistle: hahahhaha whisler was there to support us and he didnt even play pokes, now that's some team loyalty

Loki: this guy plays well!! i really dont know u that well , but i seen u come at the chat and support us, thanks :)
Jumpluff: Thank you jumpluff, you have always been on the chat and stuff, helping us , you were a great user for the team and fun 2 chat with !!
Blue and Ciele: Bloo and Ciele were there to test with me and help me!! they ditched there teams 4 us.. LOLZ !! thanks guys for help u good
Aldaron: cool user name!! unlucky that you left the ruiners hehe, thanks for vops on #pokemon lolzzz
"but I dedicate this title to you too: D

It's FUCKING alpharuiners

ALPHARUINERS PORRA " - kael

Okay, my shout-outs. Guess winning such an important tournament deserves it.

It's a shame I didn't had the chance to really talk to many of the players. I didn't come to irc all that often and timezone did not help at all (most of the times I came to irc before weekends nobody was actually there...). I didn't know most of the players before spl anyway so this is going to be a much more "summarized" shout-out.

I am not going to make this player by player, because sadly, I dont have many things to do other than talking about their spl record and these things. In general they have all been very supportive and focused throughout all the spl, and all of them clearly made possible our win. Congrats on those impressive matches and all the effort you guys have put into this tournament. You all deserve this trophy for sure, both the players and the managers of course. It's a lot less pressure playing when I know a lot of you will play after I do in case I don't win. Thanks for making me feel so comfortable! Hope I don't miss anyone: =P

The_Chaser

Sk

Scofield

Whistle

Anna

Bad_Romance

Blightbringer

Earthworm

FlareBlitz

Folgorio

Kael

Kokoloko

Pi_face

Sapphire Birch

Xtrashine

The Chaser:
Awesome manager. He has been really supportive with all of us, always giving advice when necessary, talking about the teams players are going to use, strategies etc, and sending PMs on Smogon when he wanted to let us know something important. He helped me with rby stuff and gave me a lot of confidence. And a really cool guy overall. I'm proud of being called the "successor" of The Chaser!

Earthworm: One of the best old gen players for sure (don't going to mention new gen because I don't have anything to do with them). I already knew him before spl, but we had the chance to help each other test rby and gsc teams and know better each other during the season. 30k was definitely worth it!

McMeghan: I'm happy I have had the chance to met him this spl. Probably because of timezone we saw each other in irc many times and has been really cool to talk with you. You got really excited after each of my wins lol, that actually made me even happier!

Lastly, I'd like to mention I had been able to play some practise games against some ruiners during the season (mostly players that play 1/2/3 gen): Sk, Kokoloko, Blightbringer, xtra, Kael (porra). Thanks for those GGs guys.

And of course, I'd like to thank all the players that took part in spl 3 for such a fantastic tournament, especially the players I faced during the season: TV-Rocka, Evan, Carl, Royal Flush, Hantsuki, Commi$$ioner, Tiba, Austinf, and Twash. GGs guys! Of course, thanks to LonelyNess and Synre for hosting and making possible such an impressive tournament and for all the effort you've put into it. Also thanks Sirndpt and LonelyNess again for puting all together spl statistics.

Misc mentions:

Tauros:
You won the dittos when I needed the most. Pretty fucking impresive!
Porygon: The mascot when playing on NBS. Guess your epileptic attacks weakened my opponents and made everything easier for me! (jk)
My computer: For never crashing when I was playing

RBY2K10: Huh, I don't really want to publish the site, I'd just like to point out that I wouldn't have been here hadn't they helped me with rby when I was a newbie.

Looking forward to spl 4 but for now:

~ALPHA RUINED~

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WORMS... the only player to ever have 3 trophies. What a Boss.

cheers ruiners, well done

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Anna: It was disappointing to hear that you quit. I was looking forward to talking more about New Zealand. Hope you come back when you're at a better place in your life.

Bad Romance: Did a great job of playing RU even though you hated the tier. I'm looking forward to seeing you around on the UU ladder now that SPL is over.

Blightbringer: Funny motherfucker who somehow managed to clutch important games at the last minute. Thanks for helping me test with that insanely annoying UU VoltTurn team, I am still convinced that you should make an RMT.

The_Chaser: Thanks for bidding on me and getting me a win during my first SPL :) I don't know much about how a team is supposed to be managed, but I liked the way you did it.

Crystal_: We didn't talk too much, but whenever I saw you around, you were always supporting the team. You also played excellently in all your games.

Earthworm: Going into this I didn't know much about you except that you were the guy with all the badges and trophies. Turns out you're a pretty nice, easy-going guy. It was lovely chatting with you.

FolgoriotheNOOB: Imagine my face when I spent all that time avoiding you in Gen V only to see you on my team in SPL :) You're still a goofy dude who's fun to talk to, and an excellent player when you put your mind to it. But also still a noob. Fuck your Tauros by the way.

Kael: We didn't talk much. I liked your shoutout post, though. Including the part where you copied exactly what The_Chaser wrote about me xD

Kokoloko: You were very helpful in testing, and I can think of two games off the top of my head where I could have lost if you hadn't suggested some changes. I'm looking forward to working with you on the UU Senate.

McMeghan: A very active, nice, supportive player. You were fantastic in all your games, pleasant to talk to, and always had our backs. You are credit to team :)

pi face: We didn't interact very much, but when we did you were always composed and professional. I only know that many of us basically just assumed that we started off 1-0 because of your obvious skill as a player in Ubers. And you lived up to that assumption almost perfectly every week.

Sapphire Birch: I didn't see you on IRC, but from all accounts you are an excellent VGC player.

Scofield: My interaction with you mostly consisted of chuckling at the back-and-forth between you and other team members (especially Anna). I'm sure you deserve much of the credit for this victory, as assistant manager.

xtrashine: I remember when you used to hang out with me all the time on Shoddybattle :) I was very pleased to finally be on a team with you, and it was gratifying to see your growth as a player and your success in this tournament. We had some nice chats, and I'm looking forward to talking to you more in the future.

Bluewind: It was nice talking to you again after all our fun times in Gen IV. Thanks for helping me test my teams. I'm glad your relationship with folg is still going strong and hope to see you two married with lots of ugly little brown babies in the near future :)

Jumpluff: Probably the nicest user on Smogon. I haven't ever seen you be anything other than perfectly and thoroughly pleasant with anyone you interact with, and that attitude did much to boost team morale.

All in all, I am looking forward to spamming ~ALPHA RUINED~ again next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)