1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Premier League 3 - Finals [Won by The Alpha Ruiners]

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by Synre, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarceloDK

MarceloDK

lost to fblzzzz ggsss ^-^

and gratz ruiners, well deserved :3
    Danilo likes this.
  2. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

man bigs suck

ever grande bigs: we are the biggest losers
  3. Amell

Amell

gz ruiners
  4. R Inanimate

R Inanimate Grasp the earth, Grasp the World.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Congrats to the Ruiners. So Alpha.
  5. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

congrats ruiners! I will miss my trophy though...
  6. ENZ0

ENZ0
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

congrats R00NERS!

good job bigs
  7. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

congratulations
  8. Limitless

Limitless Success is the best revenge.
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
    Battling 101 Leader

9. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

You are right.

I won vs. Blightbringer. Good game and congrats Ruiners.
  10. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Frontier Lackeyis a Past WCoP Winner

i heard you somehow managed to beat a joke baton pass team, kg! good job!
  11. Malekith

Malekith
    is a Community Contributoris a SPL Winner

gj runiers
  12. Blightbringer

Blightbringer The Butt Naked Wonder
    is a Past SPL Winner

ruthlessly stricken down by the master himself
    Danilo likes this.
  13. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

it's not a joke when that same strategy got someone his yellow trophy!
  14. Sixonesix

Sixonesix
    is a Past SPL Winner

I defeated Sapphire Birch as well, ggs.

Even so, he has my trophy now...
  15. Bluewind

Bluewind My appearance, ability, and awesomeness strike fea
    is a Contributor Alumnus

He hypnotized blight and made him use that team you... you... UGH!
  16. AkHolic

AkHolic

17. Logarithmun

Logarithmun

gratz ruiners and gj bigs
  18. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

Congrats Ruiners! Great job to the BIGS for making it this far. All of you are awesome people and amazing players.
  19. Windsong

Windsong .dancin
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

i heard blight used 6 cb zen headbutters
    it appears i was mistaken =[
  20. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Congrats Ruiners for claiming the SPL Trophy! Patience is a virtue, and your tenacity pulled through :)
  21. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

today has been bizarre and horrible and i blame the impact of the ruiners finally winning 100%

gj though

but i was rooting for the scooters
  22. Jorgen

Jorgen World's Strongest Fairy
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I hate to kill the congratulatory mood and be the guy to whine about an ultimately meaningless game, but the match between kael and I still has to happen and I haven't seen Kael on at all within +/- 1 hour of our appointed match time. Again, I know it's meaningless, but... I dunno, I guess I just wanted the chance to put an extra win next to the BIGS win column to make it not seem as bad.

EDIT: I am lose. GG kael!
  23. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Congratulation Ruiners, very strong team this year. However, I'm sure you guys will have your own celebratory posts so I'll stick to talking about my team here.

First off, I really was a doucher to a lot of my players this season, leaving halfway through the season for 3 or 4 weeks where I was nowhere to be found. I don't really want to disclose the personal reasons why I left or the reasons why I wasn't interested in coming back (it was unrelated to Pokemon and Smogon) but I really fucked up. I am glad you guys persevered and played strong throughout the season, regardless of who was there or not. It makes me glad that me, Fabbles, and CTI all drafted you.

Bigs, you guys were amazing this year. No one expected much of you, and probably thought of us as the "brazilian team that will end up with a 3-6 record or something. I mean, the scooters, wolfpack, sharks, and ruiners all looked amazingly strong. And we all saw what the raiders did as well. However, you guys proved the disbelievers wrong and played your best week in and week out. The teamwork you guys showed together was fantastic. To our older gen players, You guys were like a well-oiled machine, constantly helping and testing with each other. Limitless and KG are actually nice guys and were always helping each other and talking about whatever (usually basketball) in the channel. Tobes, SDS, Tanner, and randoms were always coming in, cheering and helping. We needed guys like you. The support shown was awesome.

Sixonesix, you are really cool. You were quiet but you never started drama and always took care of business. Amazing pick-up this year. Just had to say how underrated you are as a player because honestly, I feel like the credit you get won't be enough.

I'm not going to do a player bio for everyone but I just want to say you all played hard and extremely well this season. No one has anything to be ashamed of and I hope this just drives you all to strive even harder next season. Being this close to a trophy is a bittersweet feeling for sure. To know you were this good but to not grasp it. But embrace the sweetness. In my eyes, you guys are still the best team in SPL and you guys worked harder than any other team.

Fabbles, it was an absolute honor to work with you. I know I fucked up midway through the season, but you still accepted me back week 6 even after missing 3 or 4 weeks. As a manager, you knew what you were doing and you did it efficiently. Whether I'm here next SPL or not, I can guarantee you that if I apply to be an assistant manager again, it will be to you. Anything else will frankly be a step down. Take it as the highest compliment as you can, because you really did work that hard.

Congratulations Bigs. You guys played hard and really made me proud. The bittersweet pill for me is knowing that I'm probably the worst actual pokemon player on this team :P. Impressive all around and I hope to work with all of you again next season.

BIGS
  24. Earthworm

Earthworm
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 6 Champion

~ALPHA RUINED~

Alpharuiners Congratulations!

Anna: definitely someone that was fun to have around while she was here. Good attitude and good playing ability in BW and was starting to get good at ADV before she disappeared!!

Bad Romance: very solid RU player :toast:. I am glad The_Chaser found you. Good job on pulling through for us so often, I blame the presence of the word "Bad" in your name for your occasional defeatist outbursts...

Blightbringer: The Butt Naked Wonder himself. A very mysterious character who shows up and announces that he is using a crazy looking team and then wins anyway. Great job on all your DPP wins (and that ADV win lol)

Crystal_: Unstoppable RBY machine. This guy played almost flawlessly in so many of his battles.

FlareBlitz: This dude has gotta be one of the best BW UU players, fun to talk to as well :toast:

Folgorio: GOLFORIO what an outstanding player and the direct cause of a dramatic influx of oscillating success. 0,0 The Team Would Not Have Been The Same Without You.

kael: KAELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL xD =] ;] ¬¬ the bossssssssssssss nice job man we finally did it!!! This guy has been alpha ruining for three years straight and his hard work has finally paid off.

kokoloko: kokokokokoko <- the sound of getting 6-0'd by this man. This sub didn't drop off the face of the earth halfway through the season :heart:

McMeghan: McM was a very friendly and helpful and Excellent presence on the team, great job on a successful season! One of the top BW OUers for sure :pimp:

pi face: for this one I will just c/p all the lines from #alpharuiners that contained "pi face is"
    Search "pi face is" (28 hits in 4 files)
    E:\Random DLs\mirc logs\#alpharuiners.synIRC.20120301.log (9 hits)
    Line 6787: [10:43:49] <11Ciele> pi face is currently 7-0-1
    Line 24121: [16:55:09] <05Earthworm|Away> pi face is possibly the most magnificent boss ever to grace us with his lofty presence
    Line 31221: [12:49:40] <11blightnigger> pi face is mvp
    Line 31769: [17:27:11] <05Earthworm> pi face is unstoppable
    Line 32048: [20:47:26] <11Scofield> pi face is big in tourn
    Line 44313: [10:08:41] <11BAIKA> pi face is making a team
    Line 46616: [01:00:12] <05Earthworm> pi face is gonna bos stoday
    Line 48057: [13:35:36] <11BAIKA> i bet pi face is battling right now
    Line 48173: [13:47:30] <05Earthworm> pi face is truly an unstoppable force
    E:\Random DLs\mirc logs\#alpharuiners.synIRC.20120201.log (3 hits)
    Line 24720: [09:03:17] <11McMeghan> pi face is watching the battle.
    Line 25114: [09:29:24] <05Earthworm> pi face is gonna be 5-0 too
    Line 27095: [13:49:16] <11Scofield> lol pi face is v good at both
    E:\Random DLs\mirc logs\#alpharuiners.synIRC.20120101.log (14 hits)
    Line 8501: [15:32:20] <05Earthworm> pi face is probably fine
    Line 11059: [06:00:25] <05Earthworm|Away> pi face is unbeatable
    Line 15257: [11:14:58] <11BAIKA> pi face is the 2-0 playoff champ that won both his matches 6-0
    Line 16026: [12:12:09] <11kokoloko> pi face is right
    Line 16361: [12:37:00] <11Scofield> dam pi face is ridic g00d
    Line 22474: [19:18:48] <11The_Chaser> i honestly dont understand how pi face is constantly underdog
    Line 22485: [19:22:29] <11Anna> Pi face is playing HugenDugen :(
    Line 22489: [19:23:46] <05Earthworm> pi face is leagues above I M O
    Line 22491: [19:24:08] <05Earthworm> pi face is just all around great player
    Line 44970: [11:49:21] <11BAIKA> pi face is battling
    Line 45474: [14:02:06] <05Earthworm> and pi face is gr8 too
    Line 65590: [11:44:41] <11BAIKA> pi face is ready too
    Line 78618: [13:20:33] <11The_Chaser> pi face is a bear
    Line 80121: [23:48:25] <05Earthworm> pi face is a genius
    E:\Random DLs\mirc logs\#alpharuiners.synIRC.20111201.log (2 hits)
    Line 2493: [13:02:06] <11HuGONEdugen> altho I haven't played him in a long time, I know pi face is really good too
    Line 4058: [03:01:00] <11upstart> pi face is your name from the world ends with you? and what tier are you doing for spl?

Sapphire Birch: BirchyBirchSwag. You had a pretty rough season but you really pulled through for us when we needed it the most! :heart:

xtrashine: this guy is kind of odd but he is oddly optimistic so it works well! GJ especially on the finals victory, hard work does pay off!! Keep revolutionising the metagame and good luck with future tournaments :nerd:

Sk: That guy is tense it is boring legal baggy good bad kkk Sk is all a little more. unreliable two faced jackal that throws baby sheep into deep pools of water. Great and helpful presence to have around, and another one of the original ruiners! :toast: Thanks for helping me practise with GSC stuff!

Scofield: The man whose fault it was that Anna disappeared. JK this guy is amazing comic relief and gave quality advice throughout the season. Looking forward to his upcoming post!!

whistle: Whisler :naughty:

The_Cheaser: AWESOME job carrying the ruiners to victory! You were constantly around keeping us organised and you were willing to help basically everyone and even played me in GSC despite not knowing anything about it xD.
    The chease Congratulations
    Thanks for everything. ;]

everyone else in #alpharuiners: THANKS for helping and chatting and making this season so much fun :adam::adam::adam:

BIGs: You guys did a great job making the finals and also beat us in the regular season, great job to Fabbles and the rest of the squad.

Scoots: Our playoffs matchup was really intense and could've gone either way. You guys definitely gave us fantastic competition and you're a classy team, good job.

ALPHARUINERS CHAMPIOM
  25. Hikari

Hikari
    is a Past SPL Winner

I'm not really feeling like making a long post, but I gotta say thanks to all the Ruiners for making this an enjoyable season for me, thanks for The_Chaser for telling me he was going to bid for me when I was pretty sure no one was going to get me and for trading tiba for me; Also thanks to Ginku, kokoloko, Pearl, Iris and Crashinboombang for helping me when I needed them.

Oh and thank god because this is over and I don't have to play RU again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)