Finals Smogon Premier League III - Finals [Won by The Alpha Ruiners]

Status
Not open for further replies.
me vs jorgen
[replay]http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-kael-vs-Jorgen--25-maro-2012-at-23h12[/replay]

congratulations alpharuiners yeahhhhhhh

Good job Ruiners. I guess I should make a post thing y'know.
I don't really know what to say, you guys picked me up at midseason, than that big tanner mishap happens and you guys didn't really give a fuck. thats cool. I didn't get to play much, but thats fine because zdrup15 was a better player than me anyways.
I don't really have much to say about the team, more individual player bio and shiiiit. You guys are the best, and the biggest users. SO SOME INDIVIDUAL STUFF. I'll just go by memory of who was on the team and in the channel I guess.

Fabbles - The man who recruited me in to the team. A great manager and a great guy.

CTI - The boss was there for almost every battle, and helped just about everyone with testing when they needed it and he could provide it. ಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠ Good guy.

dmalfoy - Great ADV player and cool guy to talk too.

IFM - One of the best BW OU players I've ever seen.

Kevin Garrett - The Zen Master himself.

Ojama - ZEN KING OJAMA. A cool dude once he chills :D

Limitless - Nice hair. Great Player

Jorgen - JORGEN VON STRANGLE. Probably one of the best GSC/RBY players I've seen.

Tiba - Funny guy and a great player, you're very prone to getting frozen though.

Sixonesix - Didn't talk much, but a great VGC player and the only reason we're in the finals. Gave me a VGC team for the vgc tournament. overall boss.

Seven Deadly Sins - Didn't really talk to you much but you're pretty chill.

MarceloDK - MARCELOO :justin2: Funny man.

Zdrup15 - Sorry I couldn't teambuild much, i suck at it. :D Great RU Player.

DittoCrow - This guy has contributed more to the team than anyone else, and he wasn't even on the team. You had so much dedication to the team it was unbelievable. Special shoutout for you.

Tobes - a boss, was always there in the channel.

Mynism - Didn't come to the channel frequently, but did help during the Semis and the Finals.

Syrim - Sorry for raging at you sometimes.

HalloweeN - Greatest ADV player ever. Helped me with my ADV teams. And when he got hax'd during the semis/finals, he shrugged it off and said oh well, I did my best. GOOD GUY

I THINK I MISSED SOMEONE.

[20:08]kd24 ya tanner forgot me
[20:08]Tanner bullshit i remember putting you
[20:08]kd24 well u didnt u piece of shit

oh i missed kd24......
kd24 : you ran out on us :(:(:(:(:(:(:( nah jk a chill guy who was kinda quiet.

oh i forgot symph
Symphonyx64 : YOU LIVE TOO CLOSE TO ME O:O:O:

We'll be back next year
And we'll be BIGGER than ever.

Blightbringer

Banned deucer.
A very special thanks to iconic and Bloo for spurring me to sign up for SPL, despite neither even bidding on me. Still, without these two magnificent and top-notch men, I'd have one less red trophy. :toast:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
God damn after 11+ weeks of fun, this thing is finally over, and I can honestly say that I would not have wanted to be on any other team no matter what. Every single one of my teammates is a great person and an even better player. Despite having been pretty much carried by my team, I'm really happy that I ended up on it, because at the end of the day, I met some really awesome people.

Anna: As much as I've made fun of you, you know it was all in good fun =P it really did suck when you randomly vanished in the middle of the season.

Bad Romance: Ah, the classless cunt himself. In all seriousness though, this nigga is probably my best POKEFRIEND and he is a boss.

Blightbringer: By far the funniest and most clutch person on the team. Buying this guy was nothing short of a stroke of genius.

Crystal_: You are such a boss at RBY dude, fucking unstoppable.

Earthworm: God damn that third trophy looks sick, and you totally deserve every single one of them.

FlareBlitz: You are really cool to talk to and playtest with. One of the best UU players on this site for sure.

Folgorio: Man, if Blight is the funniest guy on the team, you sure are a close second. Seriously, changing your name to Bloo during week 1 to make that post was absolute genius.

kael: Man you were not around much, but when you were, you literally lit up the channel. Excellent presence for the team for sure.

McMeghan: You are way too nice for your own good, but its okay because you are still a boss.

pi face: Dude, you are seriously by far the best Ubers player I have ever met, you should really teach me sometime xP

Sapphire Birch: You had it rough throughout the season dude, but really, you pulled through when it mattered the most. Thanks for that.

xtrashine: lol you are the man bro. you really just don't give a single fuck and I love that. Also thank you for beating IFM's face in during the finals :D

Sk: I'm glad we had you around man, not only are you a great manager, but a really fun guy yo talk to as well.

Scofield: tbh, before I actually interacted with you, I thought you were kind of a dumbass. Now that I have, I no longer think you are a dumbass, just very... odd lol

whistle: kinda sucks that you werent around that much during the season, because you seem like a really chill dude. your sig is truly the best think on smogon btw.

The_Chaser: Aside from being a top notch manager, I gotta say thanks for buying me man. Had you not, I would have not had the chance to meet all the awesome people I met during this tournament.

non-ruiners:

Ginku: mad?

Ciele: I only met you a little before playoffs, but you are such a chill dude; always willing to playtest with us and shit. You are awesome.

jumpluff: You're really cool to talk to because of your upbeat personality :)

Eo: Such a (BAN ME PLEASE). I can't ever tell when you're serious, but w/e half the shit you say makes me laugh anyway so you're cool.

Snunch: It was cool having you around during playoffs man, and thanks for testing with the team and stuff.

I'm prolly forgetting people so yeah sorry in advance!

Thanks for an awesome SPL season guys. It would not have been the same without you.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Ah, finally, I was starting to get worried about the fact that I would always be a bridesmaid and never a bride.

But now that the best team in a season has finally won spl, can we just retroactively make the alpha ruiners the winners of the past 2 seasons as well? I mean it only seems right, we were the best team throughout the entirety of spl(s), and this season definitely proves that. And yup, that makes 3 straight finals appearances, I think that even if we lost this series that would be more impressive than any team winning it once. Any team can get lucky and win some coinflips and win any one season (as has happened the previous 2 seasons...), but the consistency it takes to make THREE straight finals is flat out unbelievable. So that might leave some of you thinking, "what is the secret to your success?"

Make no mistake about it, a single spl season takes a lot of EFFORT. More effort than any other tournament imo, single or team. It takes defined roles, consistent players, players that are willing to put in the work (no matter what their role is), and just a hint of intangibles. The alpha ruiners had all of these, and had them all much better than any other team...for the past 3 seasons. Week in and week out, it was the same amount of work being put in, players helping each other out with testing, info about their opponents, and so on and so on. It might be serious stuff, but we also keep it light and have fun doing it, and have fun winning. We don't need egomaniacs, slackers, people who overly complain about hax and people who disappear. Instead we values qualities like team players, commitment, and loyalty (don't get me started on loyalty). Yes, those bad qualities are unavoidable to some extent, but even then you just need to do your research pre-auction and stay away from some "team cancers" (wouldn't say any names...), whom I guarantee that no matter what team they are on will never win. There are not a lot of smogon members capable of running this format, so I am really glad that we had several players capable of this. A lot of times I look at the other teams' managers and hear the managing strategies of what others would do as a manager and just can't help but think that they are complete idiots. There are a lot of dimensions to managing. There is definitely more to putting a team together than big names and records. You have to be able to read in between lines and see ahead. You have to truly understand a player and what makes them tick, results are not everything. And then you have to pull together just the right members with the right chemistry. It truly takes a lot of skill to get as great a roster as we have year after year. Okay, that is the secret to team success, but what is the secret to my individual success?

As the world's premiere Pokemon Consultant (I'm #1 because it's a position I invented), I have been able to lead the ruiners to 3 straight final appearances (1 win) and my wcop team to 1 final (first as a captain) and be top contenders the other 2 years. Well, the way I win is by instilling my motto into all of my teammates, and by leading by example. I'm a strong believer in the fact that it isn't whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game. If you play the game the correct way, and don't worry about winning it all, the wins will come to you. I'll admit that I was starting to get worried that this simply wasn't true, and that I'd end up as the Steve Nash of pokemon. So I'm quite glad everything worked out. So how is the game meant to be played? Well, to me the most important part of pokemon is being creative. Standard sets are there so that you can see what is common and what to prepare for...no team should ever just be 6 standard sets. Be inventive, be creative, use something unexpected. Anyone that has ever played me in a tournament can tell you that I will always bring at least one (and probably more) thing you have never seen before, something that will make you say "I wish I thought of that" or "That is really unexpected". So please don't ever be boring. Don't use stall or anything boring, I have never lost to stall in a tournament. Your best chance of beating me is to beat me at my own game. And why would anyone possibly ever want to play using stall? You're just forcing yourself to sit in front of your computer longer while draining all the fun out of the game. And that is the philosophy I try to tell all my teammates, be creative, use something fun, have fun and you will win.

Now that I have finally won, I can stop pondering about whether or not karma truly exists. I have never been a believer in karma. But with the way I've been so unlucky in tournaments, I couldn't help but ponder. I would hardly call myself a good person, but am I that bad of a person that I truly deserve nothing but shit? Is it what I do every day that is causing me this harm? Maybe it was something that I did in a previous life? I just don't believe in karma, because it is way too hard to define, so what if I flipped someone off on the road today? Maybe that was his karma paying him back because he's an asshole. Why would that reflect poorly on me in the grand scheme of things? If karma exists, wouldn't it be reserved for those who do truly bad things like murder? What about those people who commit crimes and get away with it? They can do that, but I can't rightfully call someone an idiot and not have my life turn into a world of shit? But of course, now that I've won, I've all but proven that karma does not exist, so now I can rest in peace knowing that there is no karmic balance to be had and that nothing I do, good or bad, has a direct outcome on anything else unrelated. In other words, I can rest assured that nothing ever really matters. Deserve has nothing to do with anything in life, lots of teams that deserve it don't win (throughout all of sports), so I'm glad to both deserve it and actually win (individually and as a team). It might not make me happy, as happiness in general is very elusive to me, but it will at least hopefully make me slightly less miserable.

Of course, this isn't an individual trophy, the difference being that with a team trophy, you're only as strong as the weakest trophy holder. So those that hold the trophy with you need to be strong....and I think they all were at one point or another during the season. Everyone stepped up at some point.

Anna-Hey Anna, you are everything that I have to live without. Throughout spl I constantly found myself thinking that you're perfect for me, and pondering why aren't you here tonight? You are beautiful, wonderful, and I hope you never change. You really are the kind of flawless that I wish I could be. Every time we talked I found that I didn't say half the things that I wanted to. Too bad you left me, so now I have to add you to the list of girls who left me, and now you're just another picture to burn instead of the reason for the teardrops on my guitar.

Bad Romance-Glad we were able to pick you up via trade early in the season, I find it funny that you started out red hot, hit a big cold streak before pulling it out in both playoff matches (including the finals clincher). This just goes to show that no matter how bad things get, you can just as easily turn them around. Also, there's nothing wrong with being a classless cunt, I've been known to be much worse.

Blightbringer-The only one worthy to be the successor to the best dpp player on the best spl team. Too bad you're weird, troll too much, and never listen. So you are my perfect successor in more ways than one...

Crystal_-The only worthy successor to the_chaser's amazing rby record. It's amazing when you can practically count on a win every week in a tier every other team considers a coinflip.

Earthworm-Honestly, anyone who thinks that worms wasn't worth 30k is crazy. 7-3-1, including both playoff wins, while helping everyone build, test teams, and prepare for their opponents. And he runs the team when the managers are away. The perfect team captain.

FlareBlitz-I still think he's the most amazing UU player I've ever seen, doesn't even matter what generation.

folgorio-The player on the team most like me. Extremely picky with teams, but when he gets it going, his teams are great and he plays great. I love his creative teams, he has a great record, is entertaining to have around, and isn't afraid to say anything. Just like me....

Gouki-Thanks for giving us name recognition at the start, then disappearing and not helping out, allowing Sk to get his trophy.

Jumpluff-#1 cheerleader, thanks for keeping everyone in the channel straight the last couple years and after Anna left.

kael-The only ruiner to be a player all 3 years. Also the heart and mascot of the team.

kokoloko-Top sub and team glue guy.

Loki-The only person on the team to give me good girl and life advice, thanks for stopping by.

McMeghan-Somehow managed to always come up big when we needed him to, one of the most imposing BW names...which was why we got him. Not our biggest player but maybe our most intimidating.

pi face-Team MVP. It's amazing when you can count on a guaranteed win week after week. Not just count on having a high percentage chance for a win, but flat out being able to count on a win. 9-1-1, with his only loss coming in a week after we already lost is amazing. Seriously, we can retain this guy for the next 5 years and he would still be worth the value.

Sapphire Birch-An excellent example of how, if you put in the work, even if you don't do well, it can turn around in a hummingbird heartbeat. Even though birch didn't have the best record, he quickly turned it around by being confident and prepared (bug buzz scizor aside) to face alaka in the deciding match of r1. Seriously, that 1 win is all we're going to remember about big birch from this season. Nothing else matters except that he won when we needed it the absolute most.

The_Chaser-Thanks for running the team. I remember when I wasn't sure I would come back to help out, but I'm glad I did. You probably could have done this without me, but I'm glad we don't have to find out what would have happened then.

Tera-The true love of my life...

Sk-Glad you have finally become desalinated. And thank you for sticking around the full 3 years, and helping out the team, you probably put in more work than I did.

Whistle-Thanks for coming back to help us out. And thanks for setting me up to say all my funny lines.

xtrashine-I still wish we didn't pick you, but you won when it mattered most, so I guess you're not that bad. And I do like your teams.

Everyone else that was on the team in previous years-Ciele, hanke, Uragg, royal flush, stellar etc you are all excellent, sorry you couldn't be here with us today.

Alpha Ruiner supporters-Bloo, Eo, hantsuki, iconic, snunch you are all excellent cheerleaders, if I let you into the channel it meant I trusted you, which can't be said about a lot of people.

To the bigs-I believe this proverb applies: "When a man with experience meets a man with money, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." There is no shame in losing to us, we've just been doing this a lot longer (literally YEARS) and a higher level than you guys. I'm sure the experience will be helpful to you in the future.
Dishonorable Dismentions

Aldaron-Still can't believe you left us lol. All things aside, I'd still rather have had you on the team than not, too bad we couldn't work things out. I've heard some people say the finals losing curse was your fault...I still don't believe that though. Maybe you can come back next season. If anything, I hope you learned the same thing TFC did: Judas's never prosper.

Well, now that I have those few temporary pixels under my username, I can finally retire in peace....

See you guys in WCOP where I will get my 2nd trophy :P

P.S.

And yeah, I started writing this at the start of the year when I saw how great our lineup was, that's how confident I was in you guys.

P.P.S.

Yup, I nearly tripled my word count from last year's post, as I promised a few people I would at least double my length.

P.P.P.S.

One more time for posterity's sake...

~ALPHA RUINED~

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
i think it goes without saying we have to make sure scofield never wins anything else ever again, jesus christ..........

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats Ruiners !

And good job BIGS, even if I didn't play a lot, I enjoyed all the time on irc to chat or train.

SPL is by far my favorite part of Smogon. I really regret being busy this year and missing out on the beginning of the season as well as the end of the regular season, but I'm glad I was here when I was.

The past three years, my teammates have been amazing. In addition to playing PKMN quite well, you're all great to talk with on IRC, whether about teams, other smogon matters, hilarious girl (or boy) stories, and everything else that comes up. I remember back in February was the first time I spent more than a few minutes on IRC in almost half a year. It was really nice to talk to and laugh with old teammates and new faces about basically nothing at all for hours on end. I know that our team spirit and culture tipped us to this victory. I love you all :heart:.

The_Chaser and Scofield have been brilliant all three years; without them, this team would be nothing. Thank you for making everything possible :)!

Here's to another season of spamming
~ALPHA RUINED~

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ah, finally, I was starting to get worried about the fact that I would always be a bridesmaid and never a bride.

But now that the best team in a season has finally won spl, can we just retroactively make the alpha ruiners the winners of the past 2 seasons as well? I mean it only seems right, we were the best team throughout the entirety of spl(s), and this season definitely proves that. And yup, that makes 3 straight finals appearances, I think that even if we lost this series that would be more impressive than any team winning it once. Any team can get lucky and win some coinflips and win any one season (as has happened the previous 2 seasons...), but the consistency it takes to make THREE straight finals is flat out unbelievable. So that might leave some of you thinking, "what is the secret to your success?"

Make no mistake about it, a single spl season takes a lot of EFFORT. More effort than any other tournament imo, single or team. It takes defined roles, consistent players, players that are willing to put in the work (no matter what their role is), and just a hint of intangibles. The alpha ruiners had all of these, and had them all much better than any other team...for the past 3 seasons. Week in and week out, it was the same amount of work being put in, players helping each other out with testing, info about their opponents, and so on and so on. It might be serious stuff, but we also keep it light and have fun doing it, and have fun winning. We don't need egomaniacs, slackers, people who overly complain about hax and people who disappear. Instead we values qualities like team players, commitment, and loyalty (don't get me started on loyalty). Yes, those bad qualities are unavoidable to some extent, but even then you just need to do your research pre-auction and stay away from some "team cancers" (wouldn't say any names...), whom I guarantee that no matter what team they are on will never win. There are not a lot of smogon members capable of running this format, so I am really glad that we had several players capable of this. A lot of times I look at the other teams' managers and hear the managing strategies of what others would do as a manager and just can't help but think that they are complete idiots. There are a lot of dimensions to managing. There is definitely more to putting a team together than big names and records. You have to be able to read in between lines and see ahead. You have to truly understand a player and what makes them tick, results are not everything. And then you have to pull together just the right members with the right chemistry. It truly takes a lot of skill to get as great a roster as we have year after year. Okay, that is the secret to team success, but what is the secret to my individual success?

As the world's premiere Pokemon Consultant (I'm #1 because it's a position I invented), I have been able to lead the ruiners to 3 straight final appearances (1 win) and my wcop team to 1 final (first as a captain) and be top contenders the other 2 years. Well, the way I win is by instilling my motto into all of my teammates, and by leading by example. I'm a strong believer in the fact that it isn't whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game. If you play the game the correct way, and don't worry about winning it all, the wins will come to you. I'll admit that I was starting to get worried that this simply wasn't true, and that I'd end up as the Steve Nash of pokemon. So I'm quite glad everything worked out. So how is the game meant to be played? Well, to me the most important part of pokemon is being creative. Standard sets are there so that you can see what is common and what to prepare for...no team should ever just be 6 standard sets. Be inventive, be creative, use something unexpected. Anyone that has ever played me in a tournament can tell you that I will always bring at least one (and probably more) thing you have never seen before, something that will make you say "I wish I thought of that" or "That is really unexpected". So please don't ever be boring. Don't use stall or anything boring, I have never lost to stall in a tournament. Your best chance of beating me is to beat me at my own game. And why would anyone possibly ever want to play using stall? You're just forcing yourself to sit in front of your computer longer while draining all the fun out of the game. And that is the philosophy I try to tell all my teammates, be creative, use something fun, have fun and you will win.

Now that I have finally won, I can stop pondering about whether or not karma truly exists. I have never been a believer in karma. But with the way I've been so unlucky in tournaments, I couldn't help but ponder. I would hardly call myself a good person, but am I that bad of a person that I truly deserve nothing but shit? Is it what I do every day that is causing me this harm? Maybe it was something that I did in a previous life? I just don't believe in karma, because it is way too hard to define, so what if I flipped someone off on the road today? Maybe that was his karma paying him back because he's an asshole. Why would that reflect poorly on me in the grand scheme of things? If karma exists, wouldn't it be reserved for those who do truly bad things like murder? What about those people who commit crimes and get away with it? They can do that, but I can't rightfully call someone an idiot and not have my life turn into a world of shit? But of course, now that I've won, I've all but proven that karma does not exist, so now I can rest in peace knowing that there is no karmic balance to be had and that nothing I do, good or bad, has a direct outcome on anything else unrelated. In other words, I can rest assured that nothing ever really matters. Deserve has nothing to do with anything in life, lots of teams that deserve it don't win (throughout all of sports), so I'm glad to both deserve it and actually win (individually and as a team). It might not make me happy, as happiness in general is very elusive to me, but it will at least hopefully make me slightly less miserable.

Of course, this isn't an individual trophy, the difference being that with a team trophy, you're only as strong as the weakest trophy holder. So those that hold the trophy with you need to be strong....and I think they all were at one point or another during the season. Everyone stepped up at some point.

Anna-Hey Anna, you are everything that I have to live without. Throughout spl I constantly found myself thinking that you're perfect for me, and pondering why aren't you here tonight? You are beautiful, wonderful, and I hope you never change. You really are the kind of flawless that I wish I could be. Every time we talked I found that I didn't say half the things that I wanted to. Too bad you left me, so now I have to add you to the list of girls who left me, and now you're just another picture to burn instead of the reason for the teardrops on my guitar.

Bad Romance-Glad we were able to pick you up via trade early in the season, I find it funny that you started out red hot, hit a big cold streak before pulling it out in both playoff matches (including the finals clincher). This just goes to show that no matter how bad things get, you can just as easily turn them around. Also, there's nothing wrong with being a classless cunt, I've been known to be much worse.

Blightbringer-The only one worthy to be the successor to the best dpp player on the best spl team. Too bad you're weird, troll too much, and never listen. So you are my perfect successor in more ways than one...

Crystal_-The only worthy successor to the_chaser's amazing rby record. It's amazing when you can practically count on a win every week in a tier every other team considers a coinflip.

Earthworm-Honestly, anyone who thinks that worms wasn't worth 30k is crazy. 7-3-1, including both playoff wins, while helping everyone build, test teams, and prepare for their opponents. And he runs the team when the managers are away. The perfect team captain.

FlareBlitz-I still think he's the most amazing UU player I've ever seen, doesn't even matter what generation.

folgorio-The player on the team most like me. Extremely picky with teams, but when he gets it going, his teams are great and he plays great. I love his creative teams, he has a great record, is entertaining to have around, and isn't afraid to say anything. Just like me....

Gouki-Thanks for giving us name recognition at the start, then disappearing and not helping out, allowing Sk to get his trophy.

Jumpluff-#1 cheerleader, thanks for keeping everyone in the channel straight the last couple years and after Anna left.

kael-The only ruiner to be a player all 3 years. Also the heart and mascot of the team.

kokoloko-Top sub and team glue guy.

Loki-The only person on the team to give me good girl and life advice, thanks for stopping by.

McMeghan-Somehow managed to always come up big when we needed him to, one of the most imposing BW names...which was why we got him. Not our biggest player but maybe our most intimidating.

pi face-Team MVP. It's amazing when you can count on a guaranteed win week after week. Not just count on having a high percentage chance for a win, but flat out being able to count on a win. 9-1-1, with his only loss coming in a week after we already lost is amazing. Seriously, we can retain this guy for the next 5 years and he would still be worth the value.

Sapphire Birch-An excellent example of how, if you put in the work, even if you don't do well, it can turn around in a hummingbird heartbeat. Even though birch didn't have the best record, he quickly turned it around by being confident and prepared (bug buzz scizor aside) to face alaka in the deciding match of r1. Seriously, that 1 win is all we're going to remember about big birch from this season. Nothing else matters except that he won when we needed it the absolute most.

The_Chaser-Thanks for running the team. I remember when I wasn't sure I would come back to help out, but I'm glad I did. You probably could have done this without me, but I'm glad we don't have to find out what would have happened then.

Tera-The true love of my life...

Sk-Glad you have finally become desalinated. And thank you for sticking around the full 3 years, and helping out the team, you probably put in more work than I did.

Whistle-Thanks for coming back to help us out. And thanks for setting me up to say all my funny lines.

xtrashine-I still wish we didn't pick you, but you won when it mattered most, so I guess you're not that bad. And I do like your teams.

Everyone else that was on the team in previous years-Ciele, Uragg, royal flush, stellar etc you are all excellent, sorry you couldn't be here with us today.

Alpha Ruiner supporters-Bloo, Eo, hantsuki, iconic, snunch you are all excellent cheerleaders, if I let you into the channel it meant I trusted you, which can't be said about a lot of people.

Dishonorable Dismentions

Aldaron-Still can't believe you left us lol. All things aside, I'd still rather have had you on the team than not, too bad we couldn't work things out. I've heard some people say the finals losing curse was your fault...I still don't believe that though. Maybe you can come back next season. If anything, I hope you learned the same thing TFC did: Judas's never prosper.

Well, now that I have those few temporary pixels under my username, I can finally retire in peace....

See you guys in WCOP where I will get my 2nd trophy :P

P.S.

And yeah, I started writing this at the start of the year when I saw how great our lineup was, that's how confident I was in you guys.

P.P.S.

Yup, I nearly tripled my word count from last year's post, as I promised a few people I would at least double my length.

P.P.P.S.

One more time for posterity's sake...

~ALPHA RUINED~

So it took three seasons to finally do it, but WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! After a couple of near misses, we finally finished the job. It has been a privilege to have been playing in and managing the Ruiners. Ruiners have always been an amazing team that works exceptionally hard with each other, and it has been has great experience working with each other and getting to know everyone in the team. My SPL journey has encompassed a wide variety of emotions, but the elation of the team winning has to be the best.

I am proud of all the team members’ performance and/or effort and you were all a vital cog in winning this season. Especially since I supposedly drafted badly and overpaid on people.

<&Mekkah> i dont want to be on this team
[07:34] <@Stone_Cold22> have fun w/ a bad team
[07:35] <@Jackal> CHEASER LOSE
[07:37] <@MoP> is chaser just trying to get out of here
<@MoP> we have to use !reset
<@MoP> lol
[07:37] <@Kinneas> chaser were you drinking
[07:38] <&uragg> the_chaser
[07:38] <&uragg> lol
[07:38] <&uragg> wtf are you doing
[07:39] <&uragg> 13k for kg is a good buy imo

Shoutouts:
Anna: You went from being on all the time testing and helping to not at all. You’re a cool guy to talk with, I hope you’re alright.

Bad Romance: Very strong all round battler and nice guy, just need to control your temper at times. Still annoyed you went for more than 3k.

Blightbringer: From someone I didn’t know who you were to super sub and finally super starter. You are a very unique character and funny guy who struggles his way to victory. You kinda annoyed me turning up last day to battle with a random team, but it got results so who cares?

Crystal_: A great RBY player in his own right who did very well, considering the shadow I left him. He was a class above the other RBYers in SPL and this is reflected in his record. Just proves RBY isn’t a coinflip. We didn’t see each other much because of timezones, but it was nice talking tennis with you.

Earthworm: Many people thought me spending 30k on you was madness or just man love. Whilst the latter may be true, why wouldn’t I pay so much on arguably the best pokemon player and teamworker You were constantly aiding the team, helping teambuilding and testing, and were therefore well worth what I paid for you. On top of that, you’re a nice person :adam:

FlareBlitz: You are very underrated and one of the best UU players around. You are also a great person to talk to and we had some good chats earlier in the season.
Folgorio: I never thought I would get you in SPL auction, but I’m happy no one upbid my upbid. You had a great record and pulled us through the regular season with some crucial wins. You’ve come a long way from round 1, when you had no confidence at all, to one of the leaders of the team. I love your bw ou teams and you’re really fun to talk to when you aren’t talking about hairy asses or rectal prolapse.

Kael: It’s great to see that you’ve accomplished your smogon dream. It’s pretty amazing how you’ve been the only player to play all three seasons for ruiners, considering loki mainly noticed you when you accidentally posted in the spl1 bidding thread. You really love ruiners, so it's nice to see you having success with us, and you are a joy to be around. Thanks also to JIR for contacting kael when he was inactive, you're a cool guy.

Kokoloko: Good team player and sub, sorry you couldn’t have played more often.

McMeghan: A very good player in bw ou and really nice guy. Sometimes you’re a bit too nice though.

pi face: SPL mvp and probably the most underrated player on smogon. Your play is almost flawless and you certainly are deserving of your record. Nice to see you win with us after last year’s heartbreak, and your calm and professional attitude made you a pleasure to be with.

Sapphire Birch: I know you are a great vgc player even though you sometimes don’t think you are. You won the only time that mattered, so you’re the clutch master of the team. You’ve now won two tournaments with me; we certainly are a good duo. It would’ve been nice to see you on irc more though since you are a chill guy. Also thanks to thewolf for txting birch when he wasn't on.

xtrashine: one of the most enthusiastic, innovative and optimistic players I know. You may have not got off to the best start with the team but your hard work pulled through in the finals, stopping ifm’s hot streak with another one of your unique teams.

I’d also like to thank my talented management team and helpers.

Scofield: we are pretty much polar opposites in manager style, but good cop bad cop seems to work. Nice to see you win after the heartbreak of the last two seasons. It’s always interesting when you're on since you always liven things up with your stories.

sk: I was glad you came back after rejecting me initially, since you are a great assistant. You helped a lot in gsc and adv, which aren’t my forte. It was a pleasure working with you again.

Gouki: Hopefully you're enjoying football manager and non pokemon related things. You signing up for assistant was important since you got scofield and sk interested in being on the ruiners again.

Whistle: It was nice to have you back at the end of spl. You are one of the main reasons I got on ruiners and my earliest irc friend. You’re quite witty and helped a bit.

Loki: The father of kael was our Earthworm of SPL1 and it was nice to see you come back for our finals success.

Jumpluff: Very nice girl and administrator of #alpharuiners, since I’m an irc noob. You’ve been supporting us as long as anyone and we are very grateful for your presence.

Blue and Ciele: you guys have been with us for like 6 weeks now, helping since your teams got eliminated. You were both extremely helpful and I’m very grateful for your support.

Former Ruiners: Once a Ruiner, always a Ruiner, and I’m sorry we couldn’t get the win whilst you were with us, but it was nice to see you cheering us on.

Other helpers (Snunch, Eo, Iconic, Hantsuki, etc.): You helped us in the final rounds and it was great to have extra people around for chat and teamwork.

Aldaron: sorry that we couldn’t get along for spl and thanks for letting me be ruiners manager. Scooters were a great team and our series could’ve gone either way.

BIGS: commiserations on 2nd, you really were a great, well managed team and I find you more worthy winners than the last two SPL winners. You have some great players to keep so I’m sure you will be contending next season.

Scooters: Our traditional rival, you really pushed us to the limit in the semis and I’m sure you’ll do well next year too. We have to continue the rivalry!

Finally, I would like to thank Phil Jackson for inspiring my manager style. His success from mastering zen taught me that utilising zen was key to winning spl. You can now call a me zen master.

Also I forgot to thank Lonelyness for runing the tournament for two and a half seasons and thanks to Synre for taking over from him. SPL is great tournament and you guys deserve credit.

~ALPHA RUINED~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)