1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Premier League 3 - Week 1

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by LonelyNess, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

bulky, man, bulky.
  2. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

You at least changed the meta-game though right?
  3. kokoloko

kokoloko from Mexico
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

so basically rey complains like a bitch when he gets haxed but says gg when he haxes??? y/y

jk i didnt see the game

still bs tho
  4. Bluewind

Bluewind My appearance, ability, and awesomeness strike fea
    is a Contributor Alumnus

rey stop johning and go play McMeghan

Edit: @Mr.E: The time you take complaining you should use to make a new team.
  5. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

nobody got haxraped more than I did don't wanna hear it

not the same scooters man, not the same scooters :( sorry you had to get stuck with those SUCKERS...
  6. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

Subbing in Blue_Blur over Noodlez since he's nowhere to be seen.
  7. Blue_Star

Blue_Star
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

mre is mad because we're going to win y/n?
  8. Huy

Huy INSTANT BALLS
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

won 2-1 against fishy in some close games =D
  9. Fishy

Fishy

huy won first game, i snagged second game, by the third game it was obvious i had the short end of the team match up stick. ggs! :toast:
  10. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Defeated Ojama in a gg.
  11. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nice Work User: Bloo
  12. Ojama

Ojama Are you watching closely...
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Palace Mavenis the Smogon Tour Season 15 Champion

confirming, gg
  13. muffinhead

muffinhead b202 wifi vgc
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

internet was failing, rematch with different teams, won that 2-1!!!!!

very ggs alaka, well played

sup tad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  14. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Blue Blur has been substituted in for Noodlez
  15. evan

evan I did my best -- I have no regrets
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

in my debut as an SPL player i have brought home yet another win to my home team the indie scooters

gg Pocket

scoot scoot
  16. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

confirmed no outrageous rby shenanigans in our match. Sorry, fellow tyrants, for not being able to close the gap.
  17. Hawkstar

Hawkstar Ascend to holy air and breathe, transcend earthly boundaries
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a SPL Winner

18. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

won against ala gg.
  19. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

lost to pana in a gg.
  20. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ditto is substituting in for Nitro.
  21. Austinf

Austinf

Really, isn't it the manager/captain/whatever's job to know which players will be available during the week and to pick players who will actually be able to play their match ?
  22. Blue_Star

Blue_Star
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

well, unexpected things happen :P
  23. Austinf

Austinf

We've been told that Nitro was on vacation and that he was supposed to be back like yesterday. I wouldn't pick someone who hasn't been active since 12/26 and who's on vacation.
    Oh well...
  24. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH

I come to you with an unfortunately heavy heart with what I have to reveal, because I would have liked to think this sort of thing doesn't happen in a tournament with stakes as high as the Smogon Premier League, but regardless...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/ojamascouting1.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/ojamascouting2.png/

The links above bring you to two screenshots of user Ojama (ik4 in the logs) complaining in the French Time server about being ghosted by user Eternal. The following is a link to the literal translation of the texts

http://www.mediafire.com/?zfjvp59fv8nawer

He pretty clearly states that he was ghosted for every move of his match except for using Stealth Rocks, where he said Eternal complained at him to not move until he told him to.

I confronted Ojama about the above evidence against him and he confessed to being ghosted move for move. He also said that it was solely his and Eternal's idea. Upon reading logs supplied by Ojama, it appears he was bullied pretty heavily by Eternal to do, which I believe is grounds for a lighter sentence, but allowing it to happen is still a pretty serious offense.

It's unfortunate that I have to do what I have to do, but this sort of thing cannot be swept under the rug, and since we have clear evidence of his ghosting and a confession, I have no choice but to be harsh in order to greatly deter the possibility of future offenders.

Eternal is banned from the remainder of the Smogon Premier League 3, and Ojama will be suspended for one week.
  25. Scofield

Scofield Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

ouch....eternal probably wins the title of worst retainer now....

at least the sharks have a TON of bw capable players...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)