Smogon Premier League III - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So jokes aside, I just wanted to go on record here about a few things.

First of all, yeah, it's a pretty funny gimmick that all the Sharks do is have MoP ghost for them. But I can truthfully tell you that all such allegations have been blown way out of proportion. We just never cared enough to deny anything, because let's face it, it's funny. The truth is, MoP is a great asset to the team because he has an intimate knowledge of every metagame (aside from VGC) and can help everybody build unique MoP-esque teams, which are known for their surprise factor. As far as "ghosting" is concerned, I have not seen MoP (or anybody on the Sharks for that matter) ghost for anybody. Yes, we Sharks spam incoherent advice in our channel while our teammates are playing. We provide calcs when needed to ease the burden on our teammates. However, as far as I'm concerned this is not ghosting, and if it is, then every team I have ever been on is guilty of it.

I'm putting my reputation on the line by making this claim. Take that as you will.

As far as Ojama/Eternal's little debacle, I was not on while Ojama played, so I cannot confirm nor deny what they're being accused of. If it's true, then fuck you two for jeopardizing our team this season. However, I would not be surprised if some of this log was lost in translation, or if Ojama was exaggerating things due to being angry that he lost. I haven't spoken to either of them on the matter yet, but it seems more likely to me that Eternal gave Ojama advice, and Ojama took it. Maybe it was ghosting, maybe it wasn't. However, if we are to believe the former, both of these players are still first time offenders, and banning someone from the remainder of the season seems rather harsh. I would like LonelyNess to reconsider this punishment. I think sitting both out for two weeks is more appropriate (I mean c'mon, Eternal gives Ojama bad advice and it costs him the game, and now he's out for the entire season? Seriously?).

If anybody on the Sharks tries to ghost a match from here on out, I will personally see to it that he/she is benched for the rest of the season.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Honestly, I don't see whats wrong with Phils proposal, maybe Lonelyness could allow managers to vote on Eternals punishment? He fucked up, but who hasn't fucked up? I think banning from SPL 3 is pretty harsh, he obviously knows not to do it again now.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
SC, while that seems like a nice idea, who's to say some managers won't vote with the mindset "I don't wanna have my team play eternal, so BAN"

Or is that not a problem

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
The point of tournaments in my eyes is to prove your the best, you should also have full confidence in your team for beating every player. Your what I call "a giant vagina" and will have no respect from me if you perma ban Eternal from SPL just for the sole fact that you don't want to play him.

Eternals not the first to ghost, he's just the first to get caught. I am sure that because of this episode, ghosting will not take place in this SPL season any further.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
yeah grats cryonicles, id like the last match done though if you don't mind. tough luck pirates, lets come in next week and hopefully we'll have some better luck haha.

I just want to say that most of everything Ojama said is highly exaggerated and not giving me a say on this matter is very unfair. It is obvious that he wanted to make an excuse for his loss. But using logs of his confessions only is just absurd. I would like to talk this over personally along with your evidence that I "ghosted" and "bullied" (because that's just completely false), and that the evidence you're using with those logs just looks to me like someone is pissed that he lost a game of Pokemon so he's making excuses (and if that's a surprise to you, then look at most of the loss posts on this thread). There is a clear line between giving someone advice (when the person asked for it) versus ghosting for that player (playing for that player move for move).

Philip7086 said:
However, I would not be surprised if some of this log was lost in translation, or if Ojama was exaggerating things due to being angry that he lost. I haven't spoken to either of them on the matter yet, but it seems more likely to me that Eternal gave Ojama advice, and Ojama took it. Maybe it was ghosting, maybe it wasn't.
Lonelyness said:
I confronted Ojama about the above evidence against him and he confessed to being ghosted move for move.

Crux

Banned deucer.
Congrats Jabba and Raiders, you guys played really well, thanks for being such good sports :)

Tigers, well done, we nearly had a comeback there, let's do better next time :)

apparantly some people dont understand just how big a deal ghosting move for move is...it allows them to game the system if it happens in the future and it completely disrupts spl..who knows how many other players are being ghosted

and for phil to say "ive never seen it" well i doubt if there were plans to ghost it would ever happen in front of a tournament director / admin...in fact that seems kind of absurd to think you would ever see anything

if anything, the ban of 1 player for the season seems pretty light to us considering the history of the sharks and the proof already given

but i guess sharks teammates can continue to try and defend things

edit: so alan deleted his para but my point still stands lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)