Smogon Premier League IV - All-Star Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah it was a good game that came down to a couple of speed ties

agility pikachu is fucking clutch

lost, gg

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
The SPL Ghosters (3) vs. The Tournament DDoS'ers (9)

BW OU 1: bro fist vs. Aqualouis
BW OU 2: Ojama vs. Lavos Spawn
BW OU 3: MOET vs. dragonuser
BW Ubers: pi face vs. Faint
BW UU: DestinyUnknown vs. reachzero
BW RU: august vs. windsong
BW NU: FLCL vs. Zebraiken
VGC 2013: bearsfan092 vs. R Inanimate
DPP OU: 199 Lives vs. blightbringer
ADV OU: Sir. vs. DracoMalfoy
GSC OU: Mr.E vs. Colchonero
RBY OU: evan vs. Carl

Team Raiders vs. Smog Frogs

Jabba v. LN
mingot v. Mekkah
locopoke v. joshe
Birkal v. macle

The Indie Scooters v. The Stark Sharks

Atticus v. Makiri
g80 v. MoP
aldaron v. panamaxis
gouki v. Philip7086

Circus Maximus Tigers v. Wifi Wolfpack

tennisace v. dittocrow

The Alpha Ruiners v. The Congregation of the Classiest

The_Chaser v. Lamppost
Bloo v. stone_cold22
Ciele v. franky
Sk v. uragg

The Ever Grande BIGS v. The Cryonicles

kd24 vs. Snunch
CTI vs. yondie
Funkasaurus vs. ballabrown24
Tobes vs. ginku

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
bears and I will be playing our match at around 6PM PST Wednesday. Although it may not look like one that does, I'll try to be sure that my team has some gimmicks to it.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Mono normal backed up by Growlithe wasn't good enough to take down Atticus.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Stone and I agreed to play on Saturday at around 10 PM EST. The tier will be BW2 OU and the server will probably be Groudon's Grotto. Be there if you want to see some bloose!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
apparently we aren't playing metronome moody smeargle doubles :(

metagame is still to be determined, but you can be assured that it won't be little cup. macle and I are on all the time; we'll get this done soon

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
so who is ghosting for me

also when you wanna play colch, I'm only free Fri-Sun

why is all star week just a bunch of gimmick teams? as a "spectator" ( not that there can really be any when no logs are ever released) i would like to see some "all stars" battling it out with competitive teams, an then releasing the logs of these battles so that spectators can see some great battles between strong battlers. If i wanted to watch some noobs play "terrorist cup" with gimmick teams i could just watch randoms on showdown. I follow the spl for a reason and that reason is not because i want to see people battling with cutemon teams.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ah Razza, think of all-star week as the pro-bowl. Noone wants to "really" play their best, but rather have fun. It's the "who cares week" which basically amounts in you getting an accolade for your mid-season achievements. However, if people do want this to become a more competitve week and not a joke, how about hosting it at the end of the season for now on? you have the semi-finals, and then host all-star week before the grand finals. It also gives the finals participants 2 weeks to make their best teams and it could be used to prevent johning.

LFGI.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Moet and I will also play on the weekend, I will post exact date and time here/in #spl

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Razza, I understand your concerns and realize that you would like to simply spectate a spectacle between two of the best battlers of the Smogon Premier League Season thus far, and while Bloo and I aren't participants in this years battling line up, but rather acting as managers, we would still like to formally invite you to a rather intense game being held Saturday at 10pm EST, in which we personally guarantee will be one of the best matches you have witnessed in a long time.

We expect your attendance, and please tell your friends. It has been about 18 months since Bloo and I have had a public match up which ended in a nail biting finish. Lets hope for the same this year. We will be playing in BW OU2.

so who is ghosting for me

also when you wanna play colch, I'm only free Fri-Sun
I had an important exam today and will have another on Thursday, so those days are perfects for me.

Btw, i think i'll with play gimmicks, but if you want to propose something else, it's fine, i'll accept it.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah Razza, think of all-star week as the pro-bowl. Noone wants to "really" play their best, but rather have fun. It's the "who cares week" which basically amounts in you getting an accolade for your mid-season achievements. However, if people do want this to become a more competitve week and not a joke, how about hosting it at the end of the season for now on? you have the semi-finals, and then host all-star week before the grand finals. It also gives the finals participants 2 weeks to make their best teams and it could be used to prevent johning.

LFGI.
The reason that All-star week is this week and not any other week is because this week is midseason pickups and without something to distract us, we would all become quite bored waiting for everything.

Incidentally this is precisely why they moved the pro-bowl to BEFORE the Super Bowl instead of after (People get bored of waiting 2 weeks for the Super Bowl)... does it make for an arguably worse show because the Super Bowl participants aren't involved? Sure, it does...

Do we care?

No...

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For real though, macle and I will be playing 1 pokemon vs. 1 pokemon with standard BW2 OU rules.

Scrafty vs. Toxicroak

vs.

Probably playing tomorrow evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)