1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Premier League 4 - Statistics Thread

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by LonelyNess, Jan 6, 2013.

?

How should the metagame standings be sorted?

Poll closed Mar 11, 2013.
  1. Total Wins > Cost

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. BD > Total Wins > Cost

25 vote(s)
    61.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

If anyone has any suggestions for types of stats I should include on this spreadsheet, just let me know in this thread and I'll add them in due time.

Link to the Statistics Spreadsheet

Enjoy, nignogs.

p.s. thanks to windsong and zdrup15 for helping me fill this week in.
  2. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

i like the customized frogs colors on the spreadsheet

you should add opponents' total win-loss if that's not too much trouble
  3. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

You should put everything in here so I can be lazy and not click another link.
  4. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best

You should also stop being a HUGE BITCH but I will wear this tag as a badge of hono(u)r because it's hilarious how jelly u r about how badly I out-skill you at Pokémon, League of Legends, and life. :happybrain:
  5. Furai

Furai a Ωdefender // a αguardian
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Stellar won vs davidness in the 3rd week, js.
  6. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Would it be possible to have a nice clean version of the standings in teh OP of this thread? For quick reference?
  7. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

8. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best

I mean, if you're gonna make the topic and maintain the spreadsheet, you can't be the lazy one.

I don't know what we'd need team standings here for, that's why the main page exists, but you should paste player records or something at least. And windsong and zdrup helped you three weeks ago. also stop being a huge bitch imo
  9. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AolhCmTTFS11dFBBUkVyTDByRHVHc0NLRndsTU04UkE#gid=16

I need opinions on how to sort this page.

Right now it is sorted by Total Wins > Cost (i.e. "the contribution to team" sorting method)

I had a suggestion by Delta 2777 to change it to (Wins minus Losses) > Total Wins > Cost. This is because currently people like Blightbringer (+3 BD at 3-0), is below someone like Delta 2777 (+1 BD at 4-3), it could be argued that blightbringer is doing "better" than Delta 2777.

I'm gonna put a poll and you guys can vote how you want it sorted.
  10. Kidogo

Kidogo

Is BW OU gonna be on there?
  11. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH

12. Chieliee

Chieliee

It'd be neat if there was a section for 'overall' , adding counting wins/losses for all tier. This'd give a good impression of how well people like ShakeItUp and Dakloic did

I don't know how much work that takes, though....
  13. Faint

Faint CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER
    is a Tiering Contributor

Yeah but there's a difference between winning 4/4 matches and playing for 9 weeks.
  14. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

update y/n
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)