1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Premier League 4 - Week 2

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by symphonyx64, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

That is possibly the greatest display of bad sportsmanship I have ever seen, trust me, I've been the bad sport in a lot of these situations, but nothing of this magnitude. Limitless, what are you doing? I understand your team is in a hole this week and you're desperate for wins, but you're seriously going to go to this extent to try to get one. It was TURN 4. You took the win due to a disconnection through a brand-new tournament DC policy. Do you understand how ridiculous this looks from the outside looking in?

And Jason, I expected better of you. If SoulWind really is your friend, then don't let your misguided manager push you around. Redo the match. I know you, and you're definitely not satisfied with this "win". Don't make yourself Limitless's tool. Go to SoulWind and ask for another game, a real game. Even if you lose and it reflects poorly on you, it's a lot better than taking an activity win on turn 4. Do the right thing, and this will all blow over.
  2. Dice

Dice what's a god to a nonbeliever
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Arcade Star

lavos you're promoted to green belt
  3. Lamppost

Lamppost I put the milk in first
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

how come when i tried to take a timeout win on turn 4 i got more shit than this
  4. Funkasaurus

Funkasaurus E P I C M E M E R
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Do you want a warstory for your battle?
  5. King

King

what can i say lavos, my manager overrules me in everything. i can't do anything about it, no matter what my opinion is.
  6. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

well judging from the OP of this thread, it's clear that your 4-turn game hasn't been registered as a win :s
  7. Rewer

Rewer
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
  8. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Just want to make a point that in the past players can override manager decisions.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4124247&postcount=167

Last year 199 lives gave M Dragon a rematch in a game he won because M Dragon complained about a "lag glitch" that was never proven or disproven at all. I protested obviously but my position as manager cannot overrule a player decision regarding rematches.

EDIT: Apparently Eo confirmed players also have the final say, so King you can do that rematch.
  9. Honko

Honko
    is a Programmeris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

10. Windsong

Windsong .dancin
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

HONKO

i believed
  11. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¡YA HA!
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner
    Mentor

The creator of the legendary SUB CB Entei

obv he would beat blara :)
  12. B-Lulz

B-Lulz You ain't gotta love it 'cos the hood gone love it
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

js the fact we are 1-5 is defs an april fools joke, we are gentlemen, we will win.
  13. Valentine

Valentine 岩倉玲音
    is a Tutor

HURRY SOMEONE GIVE GARY CPR HE'S CHOKING
  14. GaryTheGengar

GaryTheGengar believe me sweety I've got enough to feed the needy

not a choke but used a pretty bad team that couldn't overcome ctc even with an early game crit, gg.
  15. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

CTC is one fine ruiner!
  16. CTC

CTC The Lord Shepherd shall guideth ye cattle
    is Smogon Frontier's Stadium Baronis a Past WCoP Winner

GG broski, I had the better end of team matchup, but it was a good game nonetheless and very close. GL in future rounds ;]
  17. Django

Django
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

honk honk
  18. PttP

PttP Shoutout to the sidewalk for keeping me off the streets
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

If you honestly think that Jason going against his manager's will is a good idea, then you are horribly wrong. While I don't approve of the scenario, upsetting the person who sends in lineups is possibly the stupidest decision you could do as a battler. Jason is just being a resonable person and he should get none of the blame. If there's anyone getting flank for this nonsense, it obviously shouldn't be Jason, and if you think so, u fugazi.

Also fuck blarajan I knew he would fucking lose
  19. yee

yee
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Won vs xtra in a gg.
  20. Bad Ass

Bad Ass
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Winneris a GS2 Winner

lol @ limitless

taking a page from the book of his good friend/father/cocaptain (:o coincidence?) kevin garrett who successfully took a win off of a turn 2 d/c from me in smogon tour (which means that there is obviously precedence for this scenario and this jasonpwn should get the win, right??
  21. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

This might be true if Limitless had any other players...
  22. Colchonero

Colchonero

I don't want to be annoying but my teammates asked me to do an activity post.

Vmd skarm on monday, he never replied and he's never on #spl, so LN asked me to look for him on #nutgebridge, then pmd him on that channel and he said to play on Friday (yesterday) because he had being a very hard work week. It's fine, but yesterday i pmd him again on #nutgebridge, waited for like 3-4 hours and never got a reply.

I'm not going to have much free time tomorrow, so hope to play today... (if he has not time it's ok, but then his manager should do anything)
  23. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

skarm get your ass on #nutgebridge
  24. skarm

skarm I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

You -are- being annoying. I told you, and LN, that I had a really awful week at work, and yet you still seem to try and join every channel I'm sitting in to PM me. I told you 'maybe Friday', and we never actually set a time.

I ended up being busy. I have a wife, in-laws, and my own family stuff to deal with. Friday didn't work out. We have two days on the weekend to play. If you were as dedicated as you think you'd have actually suggested a time that would work for you, but you haven't. Your entire solution seems to be "join channel wait for x hours" and then whine to LN.
  25. Kennen

Kennen dont you worry child

Bosschonero
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)