1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Premier League 5 - Week 9

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by Oglemi, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrashinBoomBang

CrashinBoomBang Aye I got Swagger, Koga 87
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Foreman

2. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

I never hated tigers! I had missed the end of the auction so when i clicked on week 5 the next morning i expected to see myself vs zach, and then i saw it was nollan, and i was really shocked and sad and disappointed so i made a stupid post. BUT U GUYS MADE IT WORTH IT BECAUSE THE TEAM CHAN WAS SUPER FUN, GO TIGRES *-*

OMG SHOUTOUTS (open)

LonelyNess for promising to buy me at midseason, buying TheChaser instead, and then going 0-5 in doubles from there

Birkal for bidding on me, getting upbid by tennis, and instead of upbidding me when he had 2k more to go just switching over to buying Nollan instead

tennisace for being the one manager who believed in me enough to actually spend money on me <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

ALL OF MY DOUBLES BUDDIES for showing that Doubles truly is a great tier and one worthy of being in SPL. This goes out to Laga, Nollan, Mizuhime, and Arcticblast, way to represent (and perhaps even win with Flareon). this also goes out to Audiosurfer, who although he sucks, is a doubles buddy of mine.

Zach is one of the greatest of all time. This man was here when Doubles first started to teach all of us floundering OU players how not to suck at everything. He left for a while and was deeply missed, but now he's back and better than ever. Best Doubles SPL record go *-*

Everyone I tested with weeks 1-4 for keeping me sharp and engaged in doubles in a period where i had relatively little to do. It really was nice to know that even if the managers didnt trust me in doubles, you guys did. Nice is the wrong way to put it, but i dont even know the right way to put it. I was rly doubting my ability in the tier and wondered if i shouldnt just give up and u guys coming to me for advice and shiz is what kept me from turning into d-quag

#frogadiers. Though I did not end up being a frog (*ribbit*) I have you guys to thank for keeping me engaged in farm league enough to keep my record afloat, and for introducing me to the tournament scene. Texas, keep up the optimism, keep thrashing RU, but stop linking me fucking videos of cyst poppings and shit holy fuck my eyes. DEKZEH ur fun but oh so mad, stop bein mad bro! joshe and macle are great managers when lonelyness is busy taking it up the butt, and also for the week where he couldn't get on irc because he was in prison. Love you guys, fav frog mon macle? zfs u didnt get to play until week 8 but you were always in chat pumped to help in every way possible, always a positive chat presence, i want to hang out with you more ur a super chill dude. Congrats on bringing down the legend Majin btw, everyone mocked LN when he bought you but that was fun to watch :o. Reyscarface everyone said you would be a terrible elitist cancer prima donna and I was really not looking forward to talking to you but that wasn't what happened at all. Where'd you go for week nine tho? .cry Colchonero was the one guaranteed win that the frogs always had, and knowing we had you was a huge confidence booster. I never even really knew who you were before the season started, it's amazing someone so fucking dominant could slip under the radar like that 0_o

BLINGAS for not bringing a serious team to week 9 so i didnt have to hang my head in shame at a winless season :o Didn't get to talk to you too much but smogcasting with you was super fun and you were a chill dude.

i think thats everyone now time for the TIGRES

Bye oh sigh is first of course because I have the feeling he was instrumental to getting me onto the tigers. I had the privilege of testing with you every week and you're ridiculously skilled, tho i won a lot less of those test matches than I would have liked to ;-; You were chill enough to let me play week 9, even though it meant giving up the best Doubles record in SPL. I don't think I can put into words how much that means to me. Smogcasting with you was also fun but I am not a bitch :(

Raichy I hung with you before all of the other tigres because we were in #frogadiers together! good times, needless to say i was excited when I realized I ended up on your team. I'll never forget how you gave me teams for OST and I ended up losing round 1 >:| You taught me the art of .trl, .cry, and speaking like i'm half-retarded but mostly just insane. I heard somewhere that you pick up speech patterns from your friends in which case you must be like my bff

Fiction. stop winning at uno >:|

Sweep a man who, when drafted, was predicted to fail even harder than Afro Smash and Case. This "Just a ladder hero" ended up with a winning record. Very proud of you for looking less autistic than Melee Mewtwo in the Uberscast, now just hit stone edge

ium even tho you're not a tigger, you constantly graced the channel with your presence and i'm very glad you did. Unobot helped me out mixing with the #los_tigres crowd in my first week in the chan a lot more than it would seem like it would and i'm grateful for that! a user i wish had never left smogon is this guy

Lunar is bad.

zeb is just an extremely nice guy all the time and someone I'm very glad I got to know because you can always count on him to make your day happier when you talk to him. there's few enough of those people in this world, and ive never seen you say a mean word or anything! this is something i could hope to improve on myself, tips please

Valentine you're honestly a user I bet will have 4 or 5 badges by this time next year. Just an amazing battler, and that Charizard RMT is really something spectacular; if it's anything to go by I really look forward to seeing you contribute more in Smogon. Especially doubles which is easily the best tier :}}} p.s. whats the anime in your avatar it looks pretty cute tbh

blarajan isn't technically a tiger but he was always in #los_tigres and has been a friend of mine for a while. MIT rejected me so Im definitely coming to UMD next year, see you there =)

Raseri a man I didn't know at all before my time on the tigers. He is a cool dude, and we successfully coaxed him into playing doubles the only true tier. Proud of this man for knocking out biosuck round 1 of the minitour :o Look forward to seeing more of you in the future!

tennisace for real this time. You made our channel fun, which is all I can really ask for in a team tournament where you know you're not gonna make playoffs. Being on the tigers was a great first SPL and I hope that you guys are willing to buy me back for another go if biosci has a heart attack !

Solace on the other hand WAS techincally a tiger but was never in #los_tigres =(

kland you were super fun while you were in #los_tigres but that only lasted a couple weeks, im sad i didnt get to know u better

HotNCold as others have said, you were a super optimistic dude, always believing in your team and never angry even when you got lucked. You're a great player and ended Shake's dominance, which is nice because i'm pretty sure there's a minor religious cult forming around him.

Other people with whom I never really got to talk but seem cool include C05ta, Halloween, TV-Rocka, Leftiez, Froggy, Dunk, sebixxl, Hantsuki, Bedschibaer, Froggy, and the rest of our overbloated roster.

The other teams! There was a lot of bullshit drama and a lot of stupid things said—mostly by me—but in the end what I love about the Pokemon community is that nobody here is an asshole once you get to know them. Sadly, I don't know most of you, but I'm sure if I did, I would have nothing but good things to say in this shoutouts box.

Show Hide
    Just trolling lunar, I wouldn't deprive you of an honest shoutout. You're super fun in chat and though you sadly didn't get to show the true power of the dark side of the force this SPL, I know you have it in you to do great things next season and beyond! A good friend and an honest teammate, this is lunar.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Raichy, Hot N Cold, Braverius and 7 others like this.
  3. Froggy

Froggy

Well this season was a learning curve for me, but man i enjoyed it! To bad we didn't go further, but it happens. Always Next time~

Shoutouts

Show Hide

Tigers! you all are amazing and I really am glad i got the chance to play with you even if it was only half the season ^^
    Sweep- I did what, 4 or 5 tryout battles with you and from then you helped me test teams on the spot like every week. Your a really chill person and I really appreciate all your help! I really enjoyed meeting you this season~
    Zeb- bro you just make me laugh :] I really enjoyed how excitable of a person you are! Great motivator to!
    Dunk- Thanks man for supporting me getting drafted, it really means a lot to me that twice now you have trusted me as your backup ^^ sadly i have never gotten to talk with you much, but you seem like a great person and sorry about you getting so busy :<
    TennisAce/ Little_GK- Thank you both for giving me a shot by picking me up then once again for putting me in that last week so I could redeem myself after a rough start! You are both seem to be great managers just had some unfortunate luck this year it seems and i expect great things from this team next year under you both!
    Biosci- Great Doubles player and seemed like a chill person! great meeting you this season!
    HotNCold- You seemed like a cool person and always are friendly in the chat!
    Bed- pretty much repeating myself now :p but again just another friendly face~
    Kland- Honestly we ended things on a good note mate, i consider you a great friend and i appreciate all you did to help me out. I know we have given each other hard times before, but your a cool person. Just wish you could have stuck around :< (am sure you will be back someday... hopefully)
    All the other Tigers~ I honestly never got the chance to talk with each and every person but all of you seem super chill and friendly. Thanks for a great season and hope to see you all around!

Other Shoutouts!
    Blim- man you gave me my first ever shot to play in an official tour and i will never forget that. Great friend and great person and I wish you the best of luck in finals!
    Cased- Thanks for all the support you have given me, you have been a great friend and hopefully one day we actually get to be on the same team rofl
    TIWSS- A great friend and a great battler
    Laurel- haha man we have been friends since what last powc? glad we both made spl teams tho, and great friend. tho u need to get in trouble less on po lol
    Meowmix- Amazing friend and super supportive! #meow for life
    All my other UU Friends~ basically everyone hiding out in #Meow ilu guys (nohomo) great friends
    if i missed you, oops sorry :< i am not perfect but thanks anyways to anyone else who has been a good friend ^^

Hot N Cold, Sweep, Valentine and 4 others like this.
  4. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent come at me winter
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

shoutout to tigres for giving me hops in their channel then never allowing me back in to cheer on them

lol at least im not the only one then
  5. TGMD

TGMD +Biosci: you both gave me crabs
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Tournament Winner

Bedschibaer got a crit on my 2% Snorlax. Like wtf I'm quitting GSC forever. No but srsly gg man, GSC is fun :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention I lost :o

EDIT 72: Bedschibaer auto corrects to bedchamber O_O
  6. Bedschibaer

Bedschibaer does it for free
    is a Forum Moderator

Won vs TGMD in a gg

It was a nice SPL for me, i enjoyed playing some good GSC matches, especially considering how hard they are to find these days. Quick shoutout to the Tigers for picking me in the first place, being a bunch of nice people and helping me test and play when i needed it. Most of you took the effort writing kind words for everyone but i won't do this right here and just say a big thank you to all of you collectively.
    Another shoutout to McMeghan for making me sign up in the first place, giving me hope to get picked and not picking me in the end. Thanks for encouraging me all the time though.
    Shoutout to /cpg/ for always helping me to git gud, and to all my other mates on ps for making me waste many hours with them.
    Lunar., TV-Rocka, McMeghan and 8 others like this.
  7. Valentine

Valentine バレンタイン
    is a Tutor

Even though I tried my best to get picked up by winning teams during midseason, i'm really glad I ended up with Tigres. The comradery is definitely there, especially with the active bunch in team chat. Great group of guys that helped me remember this game is primarily for fun. I'll be rooting for all of my friends in playoffs, but i'd like to see Classiest or Cryonicles take it all #pofags #soulgayzer #fukhugo

shoutouts (open)
    IDM, more specifically Sinclair, Thunderblunder, and Chimpact for helping me build, no matter how little, this season. Without them, i'd be stuck using CTC's shitty teams.

tennisace was easily the most active manager we had, and for all the shit he gets, I think he does a great job. I'm looking forward to working with you in the future, as an assman or as a player.

little gk+solace i didn't see much or in solace's case at all, but they obviously contributed to the roster, and i appreciate them considering me as an addition.

Bedschibaer was a great midseason pickup that netted a respectable 3-1 record. Seemingly consistent, I can see him coming back for another season and preforming very well.

Biosci is an absolute monster. Considered one of the best players in his tier, its no surprise he showcases an impressive 6-2 record, and participation in All Stars. Apart from being a very skilled player, Biosci is also very easy to get along with. He had a shot at 7-2, which would have been tied for the best record in doubles, but he gave up his starting spot to let Pwnemon play a match this SPL. A very nice user that i'm honored to have played with.

C05ta obviously preformed well at the beginning of the season, managing to take a game off Bloo (even if it was a choke). I tried team building with him a few times but he wanted to stick to himself. His general distaste for XY OU, and our standings later in the season led him to quit a little early, but I hope he doesn't doubt himself, he is a good player.

DestinyUnknown is a player with a record that does not reflect skill. Never got a chance to talk with you in chat, but veteran player that just happened to have an off season.

Fiction. I think it would have been cool to see more games from you. A respected player, predicted to preform in the top 4 of Ubers this year, unfortunate that he couldn't play more this SPL. But, it did allow Sweep to prove himself.

Froggy i think 1-3 is a fine record for a first SPL. Shit, I went 1-4 in my first. All you can do is learn from your experience, and I think you've done just that. I'm sorry about that troll test match I had with you, I just really felt like using that team.

Halloween, my holiday buddy, wasn't the most active in team chat, but I got to see him a few times. A very solid player with a record that does not reflect his skill. I hope he continues to play in future SPLs. If i knew anything about ADV i would talk this guy up, but unfortunately I don't know shit.

Hantsuki seems like a quiet presence in chat most of the time, but a very good contributor to conversation, a fine member of the roster.

Hot N Cold was one of the only members of the team i knew beforehand, and was the driving force in getting Tigres management to consider me for their roster. Even though i didn't appreciate it at the time, I can now properly thank HnC for getting me into Tigres. Apart from being an active teammate that helps in every way he can, HnC is a very strong player, backed up by his positive record and his participation in AllStar week. I look forward to building more teams with you for tour! #hnctour17

kland is a user i knew from PO before this SPL. I was never nice to this dude, and I was honestly too mean to him in team chat, even if it was jokes. I hope I wasn't a factor in him leaving early. kland, don't let a negative performance affect you. in the end, pokes is just a game we play, and its for fun :]

Leftiez is a very consistent player, and his ability to reach top 16 last tour is a testament to that. I'm looking forward to seeing how well he does in this upcoming tour, and I hope he will consider PMing me #free BW OU teams when he reads this.

Lunar. i've known for way too long. Its always great to talk to you bud, i wish you success in your endeavors. Its unfortunate that your OST run had to end prematurely this year, but I will honestly do the best I can to avenge you :]

Pwnemon is a very active, positive user. Even without being able to play, due to Biosci starting, he helped test teams, raise moral, and was just an overall great influence in chat. I hope in the future he can find a team to start for, possibly even Tigres, because he is a very skilled Doubles player that is deserving.

Raichy is nothing but a fren, and contributed a win to our teams first victory this season. Also my 2014 valentine :]

Raseri I've gotten to know a lot of NU players/animefags over the past few months, and Raseri one of them! Even though we don't talk much, I like looking at user avatars and checking out new shows. I'm glad ebeast linked you to secretotaku.

Royal Flush i don't know anything about lower tiers, but what i can say is that Royal Flush is a cool dude. veteran player that just happened to have a shitty season, I hope he comes back and destroys.

sebixxl i think our timezones made it hard to talk often, if at all, but cool user i'm glad was on the roster.

Sweep, considered a 'ladder hero' at the beginning of the season, really proved himself in our Ubers slot, which was originally Fiction's. Sweep had rather large shoes to fill, but he did an excellent job, making it to All Stars only having played 3 games. Hax played a major part in his final record of 4-3, but nobody doubts his skill, and I wouldn't be surprised if he came back next year to take lives.

Thatsjustpeachy a BW veteran with great taste in manga. respectable 4-2 record, great personality, excellent addition to any roster. I hope to see more tour games from you, good luck in ST this year.

Treecko left before we got the chance to meet, but even I can appreciate the win you contributed to the team

TV-Rocka a very versatile, strong player, tv-rocka beat iconic in dpp, which led to our first victory. dpp was obviously one of the most competitive tiers this SPL, and in my opinion, that makes 3-4 an acceptable record. a very valuable and experienced teammate.

Zebraiken was the dude that linked me to the tao chat, and now I have more frens on smogon than i know what to do with. part of the NU 'trifecta', he is very experienced in his tier. however, this SPL introduced a lot of new NU players like Afro Smash, and some other cocky dude, which made it a hard tier to compete in. 3-6 isn't the best record, but zeb is obviously capable of much more, and i hope he returns for next year!
    Jaiho, Raichy, sebixxl and 11 others like this.
  8. Laga

Laga We will never hear about the truly perfect crime.
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
    Mentor

huge shoutout to McMeghan for telling all of us to use what we feel most comfortable with! none of us could have done it without you!!

and also a shoutout to cbb for being garbdix yet still a good fren =]
    [​IMG]

all the other ruiners; I got nothing but love for you :')
  9. Floppy

Floppy
    is a Pre-Contributor

shoutout to da ever grande big n*ggas man.

it was a fun season filled with pleasantries, bad cti jokes, enlightening delta life stories, and a whole lot of F*CKED UP SH*T I REALLY CANNOT SAY HERE LOL.

special shoutout to my fans... the ones that been riding since day 1, and continue to ride, so long as i stay trashin n*ggas and stealing their mojo (in the case of traners like eo, depleting their self-esteem). stay up my peeps.

Thanks for having me bigs.

LOL. jk.

You're most welcome Ever Grande Bigs.

my services were fairly cheap this time around, and you were intelligent enough to splurge on a once-in-a-lifetime bargain the minute the opportunity came bangin on your goddamn door. respect for that.

to all the trainers i destroyed, GG, no rematch, hit da gym.

to everyone else, GG as well.

and until next year, don't become a bum, try to keep up, KNOW YOUR GODDAMN ROLE, stay in your MOTHERF*CKIN lane, AND SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH... PLS.

thanks
    Pocket, Django, McMeghan and 5 others like this.
  10. kael

kael
    is a SPL Winner

i won danilo revenge
    ;d
  11. PttP

PttP Shoutout to the sidewalk for keeping me off the streets
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

shoutouts (open)

Lavos Spawn: Thanks for being the biggest (BAN ME PLEASE) on the team. We really appreciated your bitchy attitude when you were here, and we couldn't have gotten our only win of the season without your presence. We especially enjoyed when you threw a temper tantrum from weeks 3-4 because you were subbed out, only to quit without warning after week 5 when you lost. You truly fucking suck.

Eo Ut Mortus: You know why you're here.

MarceloDK: I'm actually pretty proud of you for winning the last 2 weeks.

JabbaTheGriffin: Thanks for being in on the plan to make a friends team at the beginning of the season only to jump ship when the friends team was predictably bad.

Braverius: Thanks for being a cancer.

Thanks for making this season a good one guys!

Lavos Spawn just to make sure he sees this.
    mikel, Little Hulk, Nachos and 21 others like this.
  12. Melee Mewtwo

Melee Mewtwo Is a Fox main.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I had large amounts of hax, bad game. Forgive me Helix.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-2970

[​IMG]

Nah, seriously, I had fun. Thanks for the game Manaphy.

Next year Raiders :D

(PS idc if the gif isn't appropriate, it's a Bunnelby not some shitty ass dolphin)
    Cicada likes this.
  13. Manaphy

Manaphy

Seriously fun game, the crit sucked but oh well. GG man.
    Annoyer and Marshall.Law like this.
  14. WhiteQueen

WhiteQueen boner dethroner
    is a SPL Winner

lmao Pttp. I'm still your best teammate ever y/n?
    PttP likes this.
  15. boudouche

boudouche

won, gg
    Shoka likes this.
  16. TV-Rocka

TV-Rocka
    is a Pre-Contributor

17. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

18. SnowCristal!

SnowCristal!

Lost for a miss, that's the game.
  19. Iris

Iris

Shout out to the once and future king, Insomnia-oasis-funkasaurus, for letting me quit in peace! You have made this spl far more enjoyable.

And minor ones to CTI-Dad and Floppy. True Heroes
  20. BLINGAS ♥

BLINGAS ♥

shout outs to my team you were all particularly cute users.
    aim likes this.
  21. papai noel

papai noel
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

won against silvershadow in a very intense match, gg man.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ru-3141

i'd also like to say that this spl was a really cool experience to me and i hope i get to play for raiders again next year. i don't really care about not reaching playoffs because hanging out with you guys on the chat was really fun. thanks for everything n_n
    Eo Ut Mortus and Melee Mewtwo like this.
  22. Silvershadow234

Silvershadow234 :]]]]]
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

lost in a fun one, gg

thx to ruiners for a cool first season, especially bloo, laga, cbb, cristal, nails and mcmeghan for testing w/ me :]
    McMeghan likes this.
  23. HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser formerly yan[sogeking]

it was a fun season.

shoutouts to my bros ladybug, colchonero, rey mexicano and sum brazilians who helped me test.
    negative shoutouts to joshe and lonelyness.
    and plz, PLZ, DO NOT EVER BID ME AGAIN. Z_____Z

peace. :}
    badabing, Limitless, PttP and 2 others like this.
  24. HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser formerly yan[sogeking]

shoutouts to Bloo too.
  25. Raseri

Raseri here to help
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Co-Leader

my turn for shoutouts :)

Show Hide

Zebraiken: Glad you convinced those tigres to buy me, even if I couldn't even win a game in 2 years. you were a good testin buddy even though I was to lazy to help you, and you dont play much LC. fren :)
    Biosci: dubs master tbh. Even though I'm 2-2 against you, you always surprised me with how badly you could wreck everyone else. gourgeist + heatran strong.
    tennisace: best manager in SPL, you were always there to test with us / party with ium ;)
    little gk: i dont even know how many test matches i did vs coolmons this year. i tried to make winter of litleo happen week 9, but speed ties ;(. you own :)
    elevator music: my other main testing buddy for the first few weeks, tried to make elgyem work for you, but al is 2 gud :(. Wish you didnt get a job, so you could have stopped blarajans 9-0.
    Hot n Cold: I dont think anyone on the team worked harder than you did tbh :o, you were there for almost everyone, and put in so much work to make us use the most standard teams possible. You still own though :)
    Treecko: r.i.p., source of our best LC record. corphish :)
    Lunar: why did you come back I almost got subbed into XY OU to wreck Sinclair. Real talk though you're really cool, and seem to play like everything :O. Hope youre on tigres a gain next year :)
    Pwnegone: sux. You're kinda cool even though you predicted me to lose in doubles each time I played. play XY NU when it comes out :)
    Raichy: really glad we stole you from the ribbits :)
    Valentine: animefag =D. teach me XY OU sometime new fren yn.
    Other Tigres: sorry don't know you. Not actually, you're all really cool and fun, hope to see you guys around for a long time!

Non Tigre Shoutouts:
    blarajan: honorary tigre :). dont give teams to my opponents, I want to win matches vs people that dont know LC pls. :)
    FLCL and Annoyer: Trifecta wooo. annie doesnt suk :).
    Soulgazer: bring happy dino to the finals pls.
    atomicllamas: bench buddys :)
    Oglemi: best host :)

Thank you tigres for giving me a really fun season. Even if I couldnt really help, im glad that I got to be around all you cool people. rawr :)
    Raichy, Valentine, Hot N Cold and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)