Finals Smogon Premier League VI - Finals [Won by the Congregation of the Classiest]

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
2nd SPL I've been on a team that made it to the playoffs for SPL, and I have to say not winning this year hurt a little more, mostly because you guys were great teammates and all deserved a trophy :/. That being said, I've never had more fun on an SPL team than with the BIGs so I can't say I'm disappointed with how the season went. Time for muh shoutouts :]

Funkasaurus - I guess I didn't really know what to expect after being traded to the BIGs, but I have to say you were an excellent manager. The IRC channel was always active and people were always willing to help with w/e. I think that a team's atmosphere can be attributed to the management, so clearly you were doing something right. Thanks for believing me when I lied and said I had played UU and was a capable sub, I think it worked out for the both of us ;]. Also I do like it when you hl me on irc :]

Harsha - I know you weren't as active as you would have liked to be, and we didn't really interact much, but I think the same applies to you, you guys did an excellent job at creating a team with a fun atmosphere to be in. Also you liked all my SPL related posts which is all I can really ask for in an ass-man n_n

Finchinator - You being on the team definitely made the transition a lot easier, and I'm really glad we ended up on the same team. On top of having a solid record yourself, the amount of support you gave the team was incredible. Between your page long scouting reports, helping build teams, or just helping people test, you were an insanely good teammate. If you weren't on the team my record would probably have been 1-2 instead of 3-0, your advice about when to take risks was very useful, so thanks for that.

Ginku - Its pretty funny that I ranked you 10th in Rey's power rankings at the beginning of the season when you were far and away the best RU player this season (to be fair I didn't know who you were o.o), and I don't just mean your record, you are legitimately the best ORAS RU player I've played. It was a lot of fun helping you test and prepare cause the games were usually pretty good (except all the times where you rekt me ;-;). You were a pretty cool guy based on our interactions in the irc chan as well.

Sam - Thanks for helping me pick up UU. Its always nice to meet someone else who understands the pain of Chemical Engineering. Just remember if you plan on asking me a question about your separations class I don' know the answer ;o

McMeghan - I always thought it was ridiculous when people would go for over 20k in SPL, but you've pretty much proved me wrong about that. On top of having a great record, you also made everyone else on the team a better player. The McMeghan formula is broken, so thanks for teaching me how to build HO. That being said, Hypnosis Sigilyph, Hypnosis Crobat, and Thunder Wave: the team, all gave me AIDS though, never testing with you again haha

Vileman - ☚(゚゚☚) <--- that took me too long to find
One of the players I knew before being on the team, definitely glad we were teammates! You were an excellent teammate and I don't think our NU would have been nearly as successful as it was without you. On top of that you are an extremely cute user, hope you stay active even though you said you weren't going to, stay cool friend.

ium - Dog. Also extremely helpful in NU, and also an extremely cute user. Your GSC skills are my greatest inspiration and my motivation to improve as a player. Don't let soulgazer bully you, stay cute friend.

Laga - My fellow slut :D. Its always fun to see what you'll come up with in doubles. Always fun to chat with you, #slutpower will rise next GS I swear.

Jirachee - I always thought you seemed pretty cool based off the forums even though I didn't really know you, I was wrong right. You were a cool presence in the team chan and it was p neat to meet you. Also, "I didn't know what to expect since you came off as part of the meme ru clique," I didn't know there was an RU meme clique, but if there is one there is almost a 100% chance I'm a part of it, my bad.

BLINGAS - Another person that made the BIGs experience what it was. You were a great presence in the team chan, and watching you destroy Mizuhime was pretty funny, ngl.

boudouche, Destiny Device, During Summer, Evuelf, Hill, MetalGro$$, royal flush, Sinclair, TheEnder, Windsong, ZoroDark - I didn't really get the chance to interact with you guys as much as I would have liked, but based on what I saw in the team chan you all seem like pretty cool people. Wouldn't mind ending up on a team with anyone of you in the future :].

First off I'd like to thank PttP and Rewer for trading me, I don't think I would have had the same opportunities to play as I did with the BIGs, so it means a lot to me that you traded me for basically nothing in return. I really hope that I didn't leave a bitter taste in your mouth by asking to be traded, it had nothing to do with our record, or me disliking anyone on the team (I don't think I disliked a single person on the team). I just realized that I was the one thing I didn't want to be on the raiders, useless. Teammates that I could potentially help were testing with other people (or never on IRC) which made me feel like dead weight for the team and I felt it was really best for you guys to have someone else that could provide more support for the team. That being said, I did genuinely enjoy getting to know you guys and being part of the team chan. Given the fact that I knew basically 0 people on the team before being drafted by you guys, the team was pretty welcoming. I can't say there was a single person on team that I disliked, and there are a couple people on the team I'd like to think of as friends now. I was pulling for you guys at the end of the season, and I'm glad you guys got some wins, as you were definitely a worthy team. Best of luck to all of you in your future endeavors, both in Pokemon and outside of it.

tennisace - Signing up for tournaments like this makes me a little worried as I get the feeling that some people see me as, "that shit poster that sometimes plays RU," (not an inaccurate description tbh), rather than someone who can contribute to a team. I don't think I would have signed up if you hadn't said that at the very least you would nominate me for auction, so thanks for that (can we make the same deal next year?) (makeup).

Mizuhime - I know you were on raiders but I think you need a special mention cause you were in the BIGs chan as well. Coming into this SPL I had the (accurate?) impression that you really didn't like me, and tbh the feeling was kind of mutual. However, after being in SPL team chans together for the entire season I can say that you are a lot cooler than I thought. Keep doing you girl ;o.

Nails - Same as Mizuhime, always in my teamchan. I had a lot of fun testing with you :]. Exploud isn't broken though. http://puu.sh/gNpAl/2bb10e8348.jpg

galbia - thanks for helping me test for my RU match, you are much more useful than Arikado.

In conclusion,

[#2] Alpha Ruiners (5-8) vs [#4] Congregation of the Classiest (4-7)

ORAS OU: PDC vs CTC
ORAS OU: Tokyo Tom vs ben gay
ORAS Ubers: steelphoenix vs Jibaku
ORAS UU: reachzero vs Hikari
ORAS RU: Meru vs Bad Ass - should be pretty good, I think Bad Ass has the edge because he has more tournament experience
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs FLCL - Same as above
ORAS Doubles: finally vs Braverius
BW OU: SoulWind vs papai noel - If SoulWind wins I am the most undefeated player in SPL 6, make this happen please o.o
DPP OU: august vs Asuya
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Triangles
GSC OU: Tiba vs Mr.E
RBY OU: Hantsuki vs KratosMana

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Early shoutouts before nobody will read them (nobody will read them anyway but I promise it's short and some people will get a laugh even if they're not tagged so totally pop that hide tag open)

Let's see if this still works...

LonelyNess

man what can I say.
Missing out on finals was horrible, but we were such a great team and i legit love every one of you. Like Finch said in the beginning of the season: we were a bunch of friends playing together and it was awesome. You guys really taught me to appreciate and hang out on IRC and I hope we all stick around in the channel. I wish all of you the best in all other tours and I hope we might be teammates again!

I'm also happy that I really learned RBY. Honestly, I was as surprised as the rest of you that I was a starter RBY player in SPL lmao. Massive shoutout to Isa and McMeghan for that, forever in your debt. After I got haxed bad a couple of times I really got mad at the tier but I've honestly learned to love RBY. Teambuilding is a really small part of the meta and you know exactly what to prepare for. This is way different in ORAS (see: TheEnder vs Ben Gay). It makes it more about making plays etc. Also, although hax is infuriating, you've never 100% lost. I really enjoy both of these parts.

I don't have to say how much fun I had this season because that's obvious haha. I'm also really glad with my performance but I have to admit I was pretty disappointed with being benched in playoffs.

Harsha: You seem like a great guy, but timezones + your unfortunate inactivity (exams suck man) means I barely saw you. Maybe next year?

Funkasaurus: You're a great captain. I can't thank you enough for giving me a chance . Also, you'r amazing managerwise. You always put the team's interests before anything else, you were always supportive, ... Couldn't have wished for a better captain. You rock Fun_nk.

McMeghan: holy shit. I dont even know where to begin. I'll start by saying you went 8-1. But saying you went 8-1 wouldnt hive you nearly enough credit: you lost your only game to a 50/50, you played like a 1000 test battles and you even started helping during the draft lmao. You were always helpful and always around. You helped me a lot and I am really thankful for that. You're still a really chill guy as well. Also you live in Belgium as well and that's amazing as well seei g how fucking small Belgium is haha. When I read Royal Flush's post about heroes: that's you man. Rock on.

Finchinator: I was really glad you were on my team, fellow -OUTL. It mustve sucked how you got benched in the beginning when you finally got in SPL. And then, out of nowhere you pull off an amazing NU performance, a tier you never played before! I think that says enough of what an amazing player you are. Also i hope your luck turns around in St.
Im gonna end higher regardless though ;)
Also Europe's gonna eat East alive oml.

Evuelf: god Ubers is a shitty meta, congratz on getting such a strong record in such an aids tier. Hopefully you get to play a better tier next time though lol. You deserve to play something better. You're also a great team player.

Destiny Device: barillll. You're an amazing OU player (I already knew that, POT stuff n_n) but you really showed that you're consistently great at it, which is very impressive. Also I wish I had your skill of overcoming nerves and playing amazing anyway. Truely a great skill on an already great player. Teach me n_n

Sinclair: I had the feeling you were growing out of pokemon. Regardless, you were great early season. You're funny, a great player and I'll never forget when you came out of nowhere to help us clutch a week haha. Have fun in real life man.

TheEnder: Just like ben gay, you amaze me every time with your incredible builds and how effective they are. Your Celebi squad is my favorite ORAS team by far. I hope you keep setting the OU community in fire. Hope we team up again so I can steal teams again lol.

Sam: GODDAMN I WAS SO PROUD WHEN I FIGURED OUT YOUR NAME AND NOW YOU CHANGED IT.
Regardless you're still the man. The moment I knew you're an amazing player is when you CM'd with Diancie on a Mega Sharpedo. That play was legendary man. Have fun leading UU! Dont ban shit like klefki though...

Ginku: Mazinger! Glad you were part of the 3M core early on, really happy I got to know you. Your teams always seemed really weird tp me but they always won somehow so you really deserve credit for that. On top of that, you're a really funny guy as well so it's also a lot of fun to be around you. Your music taste needs some work though. Just saying.

Jirachee: pokegod rachee! You played extremely solid, but Focus Blast took another victim. I guess it couldnt be. You were also a nice and active guy on irc. And sure ill keep using tour teams haha. Just give me ones that can beat Reuniclus n_n

Hill: Solid performance man. I never saw you play (and fuck logs lol) which is rather sad, but it were probably 150 turn battles ending with a snorlax sweep anyway ;).

royal flush: never really talked with you as well. Dw, you'll get your trophy one day. I hope. Because you really deserve one. That's all.

Vileman: jaja xd. Vileman you were a great tester, irc talker, snd everything. Thanks for sticking around even when you werent playing. Also I really cant believe your south american lmao, you dont come over like that at all. Also nice memes

Windsong: I never talked to you, sorry :(

atomicllamas: you were a cool UU player and a great player to have just in case Sam couldnt play or something, because you're definitely starter material. Congratz on perfect record. keep channeling your inner self for freezes. Also your name is hilarious n_n

During Summer: nice raticate win haha. You're a daring player. That's cool :) If you get better at channeling your italian temper you'll be pretty much theperfect RBY player :)

boudouche: OMG I FORGOT YOU. HOW? it must be that we really never had to worry about dpp all season haha. your consistent performance in a tier as unpredictable as dpp is insane. stay strong frenchie. and give me teams for ST! pls n_n

ium: DOG. you're so funny and random and idk why but i really like you. I legit dont know why I like you so much haha. Thanks for keeping irc interesting etc.
Also im the shit in PO BW NU ( cased can confirm) stop playing the pussy Smogon version.

Now, the last team shoutout
ZoroDark: you're supposed to win games in SPL nerd

Isa i love you

If this seems weird, it was 1am and im sick lol

Last edited:
Ehi! Raticate user here, time to some shoutouts.

First of all, it was a pleasure to play with all of you and I still think that we were like best team here (:pigs:) n_n This was my first SPL so I think that I lack in experience but I will improve myself! I can define my self as a very very very lucky man since the moment I had the possibility to play in SPL even if no one bought me in the original draft >:]

Harsha : Rarely on cause of exams/other stuffs so not talk a lot with you but still present in general vm, gl with exams etc etc, nice boy

Funkasaurus : what a manager, supporting everybody and putting team before every fucking stuff, thank you to be so good (and not so strong at pokemon game,,)

McMeghan : Ciao Bello! It was really good to play with you adv, I improve myself a lot and I just changed some opinions about what in Italy we call "international meta" (adv ou). Always present to test and help who needs it. Thank you for Kaiji n_n What else to say? MVP!

Finchinator : Boss, this is our second experience in same team, you're like a friend for me. Without you I wouldn't be here :O If I would describe you with one word this will be: Stupid Amazing. Hope to play again with you in future, you're the perfect example of a team player. Ily :*

Evuelf : Uber boy, not talk a lot with u but was a pleasure see how many interest you put every week to test and build teams, gj

Destiny Device : Ehi! Hope our test battles would have been useful for you! Great player in a tier I don't like ahah surely one of the best!

TheEnder : Endi-chan! This was your first SPL too, hope to play again with you! I like a lot your team-building style (so sometimes let me rip something), this is only the start! With experience, you'll be the best!

Sam : You didn't buy me in UUPL. You deserve to die. Jk, great uu player and great builder n_n

Sinclair : If this was really your last tour, I'm glad to have played in your team haha not very present in last period but who cares? Real>Poke

Ginku : AHAHAHA LOSER, i'm 2 strong at adv uu. Every fucking week this guy was our free point. Go on on this way!

Jirachee : didn't see you a lot when I was on but nice bw player, next time use dragmag and don't risk with focus blast.

boudouche : doucher, I like a lot your teams (i'll use dactyl one this week @smogtour, shhh) and how you play, hope our test battle would have been useful too for you!

Hill : Gsc boy, I don't like a lot GSC since the moment is too "stally" for me. Our first gsc win is yours so really glad to have you in our team n_n gj

royal flush : your post changed my opinion on this game. you'll get what u deserve, if not this year, surely on next! :]

atomicllamas : not talk a lot with you but nice wins, nice player

MetalGro$$ : RBY boy, gl in wc finals, u can win! Hope to play with u again (and even against you for some tours, I want to see how much do u improve yourself at this game n_n)

ium : AMOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ZoroDark : RE ERODE will live forever in your heart boy. Next season you'll see his face again, u can be sure. Your score don't rapresent your skill since the moment you're an amazing player n_n

Isa : always a pleasure to play with you, thank you for support and test :]

CrashinBoomBang : learn to play advance, loser. v______v

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can't really do proper shoutouts; McMeghan really hit the nail on the head in his shoutout to me, but Bigs were a swell group of people and I would happily be on a team with any of them in the future. Big thanks to Jirachee, Laga, ium, McMeghan, and Finchinator for making me feel welcome my whole time with the team.

Scoots, you're all great, I wish there had been more communication before dropping me for basically nothing to a team that didn't want me and was one of like, 2 teams that had someone worth starting over me, but I understand the reasoning of CBB / brofist, esp. given that you guys had no idea what kind of activity id have going on in the future. Wish I could have stayed w/ you guys, and maybe I would have been able to be the swing you guys needed to make playoffs. liberty32 cased (how tf am i supposed to tag you lmao) bro fist CBB Stathakis IronBullet93 and the half dozen other guys I know I missed, you're all good dudes, and I enjoyed my weeks playing for you guys.

tl;dr you're all hella based + spl is silly + go rooners + go hikari :)

Last edited:

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Late shotouts cause i finnally have time to do em ~_~ (btw i suck at these, sorry if they are too short/repetitive, my english sucks ;;)
SPL was really, really fun for me, really loved my team because everyone was just so nice it was amazing, although i was on the bench p much all season i feel really privileged to have been chosen to be on a team, and i feel like i was of some help, i tried my best to be as active as i could and help finch in anything i could. Overall, spl was way better than i would had ever expected it to be, i met some really amazing people and had a lot of fun on the channel :D
Funkasaurus: Thanks a lot for buying me, im really glad i chose the bigs to do tryouts (although i did some really mediocre tryouts lol) as i felt that you harsha would be cool managers, and i was right. You did your best to support us on what you could, and i feel like youre a nice guy overall!
Harsha : Same with the buying me part, and although you werent that active dont feel bad man, irl happens and you did what you could and when you were on the channel, you were always nice and supportive!
atomicllamas : n___n i was really happy to see that you were joining the bigs midseason as i kinda knew you before spl and you always seemed nice, youre always optimistic and your help was appreciated :D pd: i hope someday ru can finish a minitour,,, certain johns kinda hold them off yn
BLINGAS : nice guy, epik memer, strong player who i am happy to have met, thanks for always being a nice presence in the chat and being overall a cool guy
Destiny Device : Damn you are a really strong player man, although pre-battles you seem to be generally really nervous, you manage to perform excellent during battle, so raise your confidence man, youre really good at this! I hope you keep it up and do well in future tournaments, and keep being the nice guy you are.
During Summer : Cool guy, solid and original RBYer (raticate owns y/y), looking forward to see you own in more tournaments!
Evuelf : The all tiers prodigy lol, sad to see that you ended up disliking the tier you had to play, but youre a good player and i believe you will perform great in whatever tier you choose (youre into bw ou apparently o.o), was nice to have you as a teammate!
Finchinator : Damn, it was nice working with you man. It was also impressive how you managed to build strong teams i a tier you had just picked, and your in battle plays are really good. Youre also a really nice guy and excellent teammate as your previous shotouts have said, i really thing your dedication to this tournament was impressive, and im glad to see that youre getting the recognition you deserve. I didnt minded you "taking my spot" as you surely prepared way better for each week that i would had, and i hope i was of some help with all the test matches we had (triple water team was amazing yn).
Ginku : Beast player, as ive seen you can just pick up a tier and just smash everyone lol, you were really underestimated pre spl cause "you didnt knew ru" and you ended up with an amazing record. Youre also a really chill dude, was nice having you as a teammate :D
Hill : didnt got to speak much with you but your GSC work was great and you seem like a nice guy, glad you got to join us mid season :)
ium : Really cute user, always cheered up the chat, and gave some useful help in nu, thanks for the logo and for everything man (also, you n finch fkn got me that one time ~____~)
Jirachee : The pokegod. Nice and strong user, although you should start using sun its obvs balanced xD!!!
McMeghan : As many have said, you really have no price thats not worth investing for you. You can help in p much anything, and your skills at this game are outstanding, thanks for everything you did to help us, and nice musical taste ;]
MetalGro$$ : Much like ginku, people thought you would permorm poorly as you didnt knew the tier, but im glad you got to show them otherwise. Still not sure why you left but thanks for owning early season :D
royal flush : Didnt got to speak much with you either, and pokemon can be a pretty shit game at times, dont let that pull you down man!
Sinclair : Amazing player and builder, was nice to have you as a teammate while you were active, as you were always nice and fun to chat with!
TheEnder : Really glad that we got you midseason, youre a really strong ou player and a good presence in the chat, keep it upl!
Windsong : You werent really that active, but its understandable seeing as you apparently didnt liked the circumstanses in which you entered our team, which is fine. Although, as a big .dancin fan, you better get back into .dancin D:
ZoroDark : You were fun in teh chat and gave some good help, glad to have been your teammate :D
@all the non bigs ppl who helped: Thanks for the support, youre all awesome!

Other ppl shotouts:
Teddeh : Glad to see that after all of what i hyped you, you got into a team and they let you play and show how much you own! I hope spl has been fun for you and helped you like this game more :D
steelphoenix : Kinda like teddeh, im glad that you got into a team and that youve been kicking butt, although youre an inferior bw ubers player i think youre pretty good jajaxD!
Real aka Praj.Pran : Im really happy to see how much youve improved as a user and person, youre a nice friend and im really happy that everyone is getting to see that youre an actual good player by now and that youre a really cool guy :D
EDIT: FUCK I MISSED BOUDOUCHE
boudouche : Amazing and creative player, was nice being your teammate, your help in oras ou and in general was great!
EDIT : FUCK I MISSED LAGA (never doing this when im tired as f again D:)
Laga aka plays: youre definetly one of the best doubles players man, and youre also a pretty fun guy! Praise lord :pig: yn

Love ya all bigs, it was really fun
☚(゚゚☚)

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Doesn't look good for me and Tiba getting shit done.

Tiba bugs me on IRC to play Sunday night, 2-3 hours before the topic even goes up. (I'm not playing before then, not going to subject myself to the possibility of BS rules lawyering.) He said something about not playing weekdays, I assumed we could just get it done over the weekend as per usual.

I made the requisite scheduling post on his VM wall; my weekday schedule blows thanks to working evenings, and usually 10-hour shifts. Looks like I misunderstood him on IRC (either I read it incorrectly or he said it incorrectly but I can't double-check, I don't keep most chat logs), he can't play the weekend. Well, that could be a problem. He says we should get it done Wed-Thu, so I suppose that works.

Since he didn't mention any problems with the times I listed, I assumed he'd be around in the early afternoon to get this shit done the past couple days. He hasn't. Clearly he's been active in the evening but he should've said something Mon/Tue if our weekday availability was a mismatch. Being that it's now Friday and I have to get ready for work in an hour, this doesn't look like it's gonna work unless his weekend ends up being less busy than he expects and he can find some Internet.

tl;dr
activity post, not joking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)