Smogon Premier League 8: Doubles Discussion

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor

Here we go again! Another SPL, another year to get hyped and watch exciting matches!
SPL 8 Match Schedule
SPL 8 Commencement

DRAFT IS TONIGHT AT 5 PM Eastern Time on Smogtours, in the SPL Room
This thread is for discussing anything related to Doubles in Smogon's most prestigious tournament!

Who's going to be drafted?
How will they do?
How big is the pool of players that are up to be drafted this year?
Will someone lock themselves into Stealth Rocks against Mega Gengar?
How many times will Hydro Pump miss?
What flavors of cheese will KyleCole bring?
How many times will SmogTours chat question Memoric's humanity?!?!?

Feel free to express your heartfelt support for your friends and toast to the confusion of your enemies!

frania
n10sit
AuraRayquaza
Stax
GOAO
Vinc2612
Biosci
Braverius
Laga
TFC
Huston
GreenGogoatttt
Checkmater
ROBERTO ALFONSE
PoliLoco
Tynamo
Nido-Rus
darksylvion
SamVGC
Mishimono
DaAwesomeDude1
Demantoid
FloristtheBudew
Sam-testings
deoxys speed
DragonWhale
Croven
MajorBowman
BLINGAS
KyleCole
qsns
Matame
Tricking
BlueSkiddoWeCanToo
Memoric
Rumor
n1n1
Milktankmilk
Mizuhime
kamikaze
obii

Last edited:

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
although we make fun of n1n1 most of the time, i would also like to see mishi or dad1 get picked up for 3k so they can help test teams and get experience for futures spls

Who will be the first SPL contestant to Fake Out a grounded enemy in their own Psychic Terrain?
probably u

my predix for the draft(just a random order)
1. memeric
2. kyle
3. stax
4. kami
5. sam
6. bowman
7. zach
8. biosci
9. tfc
10. last spot is between qsns dad1 mishi check laga mizu and blingas maybe I don't think teams should have a doubles sub unless it's like tricking or vinc etc. ppl who play other shit. just my opinion

really excited to watch all the games :)

e: WARNING DONT USE HYDRO PUMP in ANY of your games

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
probably u

my predix for the draft(just a random order)
1. memeric
2. kyle
3. stax
4. kami
5. sam
6. bowman
7. zach
8. biosci
9. tfc
10. last spot is between qsns dad1 mishi check laga mizu and blingas maybe
how u gon predict me to be the first one to use fake out in my own psych terrain, if you predict me to have less than 20% chance to get drafted ;[

e: also HYPE

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Draft Log: http://pastebin.com/5bKrB3jR

Retained: MajorBowman: 10K for the Tigers

KyleCole: 12.5K for the Cryonicles
kamikaze: 4K for the Falcons
Memoric: 9.5K for the Ruiners
Braverius: 18K for the Classiest
Stax: 7K for the Raiders
Laga: 3.5K for the BIGs
I Am a Rookie: 4K for the Sharks
SamVGC: 10K for the Wolfpack
Biosci: 4K for the Scooters
BLINGAS: 3K for the BIGs
frania: 3K for the Ruiners
miltankmilk: 3K for the Tigers
qsns: 3K for the Wolfpack

Alpha Ruiners: Memoric, frania
Circus Maximus Tigers: MajorBowman, miltankmilk
Congregation of the Classiest: Braverius
Cryonicles: KyleCole
Ever Grande BIGs: Laga, Blingas
Firebot Falcons: kamikaze
Indie Scooters: Biosci
Stark Sharks: I Am A Rookie
Team Raiders: Stax
Wi-Fi Wolfpack: SamVGC, qsns

http://puu.sh/sZhd3/600c9a9ddd.png

Last edited:

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey, so the draft is over and i have a few things to say. A little bit upset but hey what can you do. I was never in spl so take this with a grain of salt if you want but for you up and coming doubles players, always talk to other managers. I'm not really gonna call anyone out but like even if it's the team you want to play for, and they tell you that they already included you in their draft plan and that you shouldn't talk to other managers, talk to them anyways if you really want to play in spl.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm looking forward to the n1n1 prediction posts
I am too fucking disgusted to be doing that this year. This is my last post for SPL

Its an embarrassment that so many of our most active and deserving players got past over.
Biosci, and Blingas havnt been involved in this community for the entire year but got drafted. Some random guy from VGC who most of have never heard before got drafted.
I felt like the only person trying to bring recognition to guys like Croven, Mishimono, Nido-Rus, DaAwesomeDude1, Flame Road, Matame, Demantoid, Checkmater, and Yellow Paint. Some of these guys had really spectacular results through the entire year. But instead of supporting them you guys were either silent or just followed the words of stratos and kylecole like a sheep. Those 2, stratos and kyle, thought it was funny to support frania whose tour record is pathetic to the guys I listed.
Good to see new deserving players stax, sam, milk drafted but overall this was embarrassing to our community.

there is a huge problem when our leaders and players with influence are not getting behind our most active and achieving players. There is a massive cliquly type of culture that is disgusting and so clearly evident.

See you all for DPL.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Hey, so the draft is over and i have a few things to say. A little bit upset but hey what can you do. I was never in spl so take this with a grain of salt if you want but for you up and coming doubles players, always talk to other managers. I'm not really gonna call anyone out but like even if it's the team you want to play for, and they tell you that they already included you in their draft plan and that you shouldn't talk to other managers, talk to them anyways if you really want to play in spl.

I guess it's my fault for being too trusting.
did u rly get snakentined.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PREDICTIONSSSSSSSSSSS

Stax vs MajorBowman/miltankmilk
KyleCole vs SamVGC/qsns
Biosci vs kamikaze
Braverius vs Memoric/frania
I Am a Rookie vs Laga/BLINGAS

my predix:

Stax vs MajorBowman/miltankmilk - stax is going 11-0
KyleCole vs SamVGC/qsns - this is the closest match imo
Biosci vs kamikaze - best TL
Braverius vs Memoric/frania - worst TL
I Am a Rookie vs Laga/BLINGAS - just picking experience here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)