Smogon Premier League VIII - Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BITCH I'M BACK OUT MY COMA

Reminders:

On Sportsmanship
Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this SPL, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in #spl / #pokemon / any of the semiofficial tier channels, or in opposing SPL team channels (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own SPL team channel unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a Masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On Scheduling Matches
I'm sure plenty of you have come across activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end.

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that week's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown/Smogon Tournament Server. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the week's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's VM wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response VM). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential no contest or substitution. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to no contest, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your VM wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take irc or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the VM messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue no contest or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Week 1 thread is posted June 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Its deadline is June 14, 2013 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his VM wall on June 7, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On Disconnecting and timing out drama
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour-a-move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Prague Kick and Esteemed SPL Host Ginku, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

~ Aldaron
(Use https://cryptobin.co/ to secure your team with a password if you don't trust us)

This should be a smooth ride if everyone follows the instructions above (schedule via VM, submit teams, don't start drama for no reason), but it won't be.

---

Circus Maximus Tigers (8) vs Indie Scooters (4)

SM OU: Steve Angello vs obii
SM OU: p2 vs TheThorn
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Welli0u
SM Ubers: Mazar vs Gunner Rohan
SM LC: OP vs Star
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs Biosci
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Axel10
BW OU: Tokyo Tom vs Tricking
DPP OU: Tamahome vs Philip7086
ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin vs Ojama
GSC OU: McMeghan vs Mr.378
RBY OU: Golden Gyarados vs Crystal_

Alpha Ruiners (3) vs Stark Sharks (9)

SM OU: Geemick vs xtra$hine
SM OU: Enki vs -Snow
SM OU: ABR vs PDC
SM Ubers: Pohjis vs Minority
SM LC: Hogg vs Corporal Levi
SM DOU: Nido-rus vs I Am a Rookie
ORAS OU: Blunder vs reiku
BW OU: Sugarhigh vs dice
DPP OU: Golden Sun vs ToF
ADV OU: Smurf. vs undisputed
GSC OU: Idiotfrommars vs Bomber
RBY OU: MetalGr0$$ vs Kevin Garrett

Wifi Wolfpack (6) vs Firebot Falcons (6)

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs ben gay
SM OU: Gingy vs Aurious
SM OU: Freestylerking vs xray
SM Ubers: The Trap God vs Lacus Clyne
SM LC: Sken vs zf
SM DOU: SamVGC vs finally
ORAS OU: Chill Shadow vs Get This Money
BW OU: LuckOverSkill vs Leftiez
DPP OU: Bad Ass vs Mizuhime
ADV OU: Astamatitos vs Triangles
GSC OU: choolio vs Mr.E
RBY OU: Nails vs Bedschibaer

Team Raiders (8) vs Congregation of the Classiest (4)

SM OU: Nedor vs JohnYiu
SM OU: reyscarface vs z0mOG
SM OU: TDK vs Advantage
SM Ubers: Kingler12345 vs FAJI
SM LC: mad0ka vs GOAO
SM DOU: Croven vs Braverius
ORAS OU: KratosMana vs Lcans
BW OU: Jayde vs Eo Ut Mortus
DPP OU: roscoe vs Reymedy
ADV OU: UD vs Danilo
GSC OU: BKC vs Earthworm
RBY OU: Tobes vs Lusch

Ever Grande BIGS (7) vs Cryonicles (5)

SM OU: Finchinator vs Poek
SM OU: Posho vs Zamrock
SM OU: Obliviate vs Marshall.Law
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Fireburn
SM LC: ZoroDark vs ice tea
SM DOU: DaAwesomeDude1 vs njnp
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs Atticus
BW OU: Ciele vs SoulWind
DPP OU: Mael vs Colchonero
ADV OU: dekzeh vs New Breed
GSC OU: d0nut vs Fakes
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Peasounay

---

Deadline is Sunday, March 12th, at 11:59 PM EST.

If I made a mistake with any matchups or names, please contact Prague Kick or me.
59/60 matches completed

Last edited:
Circus Maximus Tigers (5) vs Indie Scooters (7)

DPP OU: tamahome vs Philip7086

Wifi Wolfpack (4) vs Firebot Falcons (8)

Team Raiders (7) vs Congregation of the Classiest (5)

SM LC: mad0ka vs Heysup
ORAS OU: KratosMana vs Lcans
DPP OU: roscoe vs 6A9 Ace Matador

Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs Cryonicles (7)

SM OU: Obliviate vs SUPER MARSHALL
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Ice Tea

After we sweep aside these pieces of shits, I would like to make a formal request to McMeghan

Fight me in BW2 next week. I'm not calling you out like I called everyone else cause unlike them you're actually good. We have our differences but you know that I respect you deep inside and I know you respect me. We don't have to smile for the cameras in public but the mutual respect is there. I'm also not calling you out because I think I will win easily just because I have a good tournament record against you, it's the contrary. I think you're the best player in the Tigers, you have the best BW record and I want to play the best. I hope you will accept it.

As men you shouldn't refuse a man that has challenged you. It just shows you're a pussy and you go for the easy route (Fakes).

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Circus Maximus Tigers (0) vs Indie Scooters (0)

SM OU: Steve Angello vs obii - Steve been playing nice this year
SM OU: p2 vs TheThorn - thorn is a solid dude and p2 likes gimmicky stuff
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Welli0u - idrk with this one
SM Ubers: Mazar vs Gunner Rohan - the none ubers players winning in ubers continues
SM LC: OP vs Star - star is way better
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs Biosci - highlight for dubs of the week
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Axel10 - cool game, think nintendi takes it
BW OU: Tokyo Tom vs Tricking - you got this ryan
DPP OU: Tamahome vs Philip7086 - phil should win this
ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin vs Ojama - ojammy has had a rough season
GSC OU: McMeghan vs Mr.378 - and wtf is this
RBY OU: Golden Gyarados vs Crystal_ - crystal is better and gg has never impressed me

Alpha Ruiners (0) vs Stark Sharks (0)

SM OU: Geemick vs xtra$hine - xtra lol
SM OU: Enki vs -Snow - snow should win this
SM OU: ABR vs PDC - abr is just better
SM Ubers: Pohjis vs Minority - ubers *shrug*
SM LC: Hogg vs Corporal Levi - think hogg is a little better
SM DOU: Nido-rus vs I Am a Rookie - glad to see nido playing, but rookie is pretty good
ORAS OU: Blunder vs reiku - blunder searching out reiku, sould be a good one
BW OU: Sugarhigh vs dice - quincy is a little better
DPP OU: Golden Sun vs ToF - ToF has had a good season
ADV OU: Smurf. vs undisputed - smurf looks most comfortable in adv so this should be a good one
GSC OU: Idiotfrommars vs Bomber - ifm is just better
RBY OU: MetalGr0$$ vs Kevin Garett - kg in rby is interesting

Team Raiders (0) vs Congregation of the Classiest (0)

SM LC: mad0ka vs Heysup
ORAS OU: kratosmana vs Lcans

bkc will lose

Ever Grande BIGS (0) vs Cryonicles (0)

SM OU: Finchinator vs Poek - poek is just much better
SM OU: Posho vs Zamrock - zam is just better
SM OU: Obliviate vs SUPER MARSHALL - *shrug*
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Fireburn - level is the 2nd best ubers player
SM LC: ZoroDark vs ice tea - zoro is one of the best lcers and ict has struggled :(
SM DOU: DaAwesomeDude1 vs njnp - GOOOO NJNP
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs Atticus - Battle of the Canadian boys
BW OU: Ciele vs SoulWind - highlight battle of the week imo
DPP OU: Mael vs Colchonero - colch impressed me
ADV OU: dekzeh vs New Breed - dekzeh is a little more solid
GSC OU: d0nut vs Fakes - activity win
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Peasounay - the better rbyer, sorry alex

will contact soon TM

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
SM Ubers: Pohjis vs Minority - HE'S FREE
SM Ubers: Kingler12345 vs FAJI - kingler numbers is the hero we need srsly

Circus Maximus Tigers (5) vs Indie Scooters (7)

Alpha Ruiners (7) vs Stark Sharks (5)

SM OU: Enki vs -Snow
SM OU: ABR vs PDC
SM Ubers: Pohjis vs Minority
SM LC: Hogg vs Corporal Levi
SM DOU: Nido-rus vs I Am a Rookie
RBY OU: MetalGr0$$ vs Kevin Garett

Wifi Wolfpack (5) vs Firebot Falcons (7)

Ever Grande BIGS (7) vs Cryonicles (5)

SM LC: ZoroDark vs ice tea

SM Ubers: FAJI vs. Kingler12345
any1 remember when the leader of the circlejerk had to run away from the king
lol.

SM OU: Steve Angello vs obii - rooting for my fren

SM OU: Enki vs -Snow - snouu :D
SM OU: ABR vs PDC - that hyper stall impressed me but i actually miss the time when ABR always used HO oo this one should be close

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs ben gay - expecting to see some hot squads from both sides
ORAS OU: Chill Shadow vs Get This Money - CS has been on fire in oras ou but i think GTM is still slightly better

ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs Atticus - Genesis7 should have more knowledge in oras ou but Atticus is a solid player

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
BW OU: Tokyo Tom (60) - (40) Tricking - big tokyo tom in bw fan, and i just think he is the better bw player in this matchup. I respect Tricking as well of course.

DPP OU: Tamahome (55) - (45) Philip7086 - never rly watched Philip in his prime, but from what I'm seeing now, Tamahomer Simpson is looking like more of a threat between the two; Philip looks solid, but I'd wager that if DracoMalfoy....the legendary dookie, were to grab something from his special bag of tricks, it could very well be over in a heartbeat. Standard vs Standard would be pretty close though.

ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin ??? - ??? Ojama - I honestly can't predict a Jabba game anymore. Seriously. I give up. Treiner Orenje mystifies all,,

GSC OU: McMeghan (55) - (45) Mr.378 - lol. if McM were up against any other GSCer id probably sway it in their favor but, knowing him, and knowing how susceptible Mr Numbers is to gimmicky strats, I wouldn't be surprised if he steals this one away like....BOI GIMME MAH SH*T

SM OU: Geemick (51) - (49) xtra$hine - Two wild ass mans going at it. should be fun as fk to watch. Tipping it to Geemick cos he tends to calm down and recompose much faster than xtra dolla does.

SM OU: ABR (50) - (50) PDC - this is hard to predict because...if ABR goes bog (PDC will always go bog), PDC will have the upper hand playing-wise. But if ABR throws a wrench at the man, things can turn on its head for PDC in a quick flash. So...yeah man. Going fiddy fiddy on this one but it will certainly be a fun game to watch.

ADV OU: Smurf. (0) - (100) undisputed - byes in week 8? no subs?

GSC OU: Idiotfrommars (40) - (60) Bomber - I dont think IFM knows how to handle the unconventional shit in GSC that well just yet; and the terrorist is loaded with all kinds of ammunition in that department so, im going with him for this one

SM OU: FlamingVictini (50) - (50) ben gay - very good game. cant call. both are solid players.

ORAS OU: Chill Shadow (55) - (45) Get This Money - Love GTM teams but Chill Shadow seems more composed in battle imo

DPP OU: Bad Ass (65) - (35) Mizuhime - this a warmup game for the kid. shout out to Mizu tho, big fan

ADV OU: Astamatitos (50) - (50) Triangles - nice game. wanna watch

GSC OU: choolio (65) - (35) Mr.E - Lmfao FINALLY. RUFFNECK CHOOLIO IN THE BUILDING WADUP???? im not even gonna say anything here just watch this mans battle xD

RBY OU: Nails (50) - (50) Bedschibaer - honestly gave Nails way less credit than he deserved after watching him fight and fighting him the other day. he a strong competitor. this should be a fierce battle of bulls

BW OU: Jayde (0) - (0) Eo Ut Mortus - both mans gonna KO themselves. dead game

ADV OU: UD (60) - (40) Danilo - boy nilo too focused on the turntable to put up a mans fight these days. and UD is lookin like a strong fighter in these recent times so....not hard to predict this one kinda. (Prove me wrong Sir.)

GSC OU: BKC vs Earthworm - GG WILL WATCH

RBY OU: Tobes (45) - (55) Lusch - Best RBY in SPL so far i think. Tobes is solid as well but its tough to predict against this man

SM OU: Posho (50) - (50) Zamrock - tight game. lookin fwd to the teams from these two mans

BW OU: Ciele vs SoulWind - Cielery vs my Student. Oh F*ck. I can't.....

ADV OU: dekzeh (85) - (15) New Breed - why is bullying being allowed and actively encouraged here,,

RBY OU: Alexander. (45) - (55) Peasounay - Nice game. Tipping to Peasounay here for being more patient and composed, though the wilder mans sometimes takes the gold in this top 3 OU tier,,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)