Smogon Premier League Banner Request

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello, Smeargle's Studians, as you may know, a great undertaking is happening in the tournaments section of Smogon; the Smogon Premier League.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69224

So where do you come in? Well, Shiv and I need a banner to make this exciting league more official / cool.

Let your creative juices flow, we have no real stipulations for the banner, except that there should be a theme of "teamwork" in it, as this is a heavily team reliant tournament. We'll be picking the best banner and obviously you'll be credited with your work (plus you can say you made the banner for the most badass tournament in existence).

I look forward to seeing what awesome banner designs you all can come up with, and thanks in advance!

What are the desired dimensions of the banner?

EDIT:

I made that for a friends tournament a while ago, but it never go off the ground, I figured Plusle + Minun basically were friendship. I also realize its not that great. But, there ya go.

here's my submission, huge big thanks to reyscarface for the help

additions can be made as per requests

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I like Bucky's idea, but what about using one pokemon from each generation? That way it would better represent what the SPL is about.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No deadline necessarily, just assume that we want it done "before SPL starts" (which means by the end of ST6)

I'll give it a go.

Edit: I gave it a go. You never said that we couldn't submit more than one. My text was could have been better.

anything called "premier league" should look classy lol.
this took a surprising amount of work since i had to draw everything x_x

can move the text around if you like, has full transparency

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tentative sort of entry, based mostly on the actual football premier league badge.

I'll put in a background or something later.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
Bugmaniac, can I see how it would look like with a Koffing > Entei (since Koffing is the Smogon mascot)

Also I think a Pokeball instead of a Soccer Ball (and maybe a Ho-oh sillouhette instead of that Phoenix too) just to keep the "pokemon theme" going.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really like Othfx 's submission, but maybe you could change the text of "Smogon Premier League" a bit?

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bugmaniac, can I see how it would look like with a Koffing > Entei (since Koffing is the Smogon mascot)

Also I think a Pokeball instead of a Soccer Ball (and maybe a Ho-oh sillouhette instead of that Phoenix too) just to keep the "pokemon theme" going.
Is this sort of what you were looking for?

Koffing doesn't really have as many features as Entei or something, so it's difficult to create a contrast silhouette. I think it looks OK, though it needs a bit of tweaking to get rid of the bad outlines, and smoothing out. Any comments would be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)