Smogon Premier League - Manager Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE PLAYER SIGN UP THREAD.

ONLY POST SIGNING UP IF YOU WISH TO MANAGE.

Introduction Thread

Managerial Information

Managers are one of the most important parts of a team. If you want to be a manager, apply in this thread. Managers however, will be handpicked by myself and Shiv as we're only willing to let people who we know will put in the time and the effort into this manage the game.

This is a very time intensive position and should not be taken lightly.

Another thing to note is that managers cannot actually play for a team, so if you want to actually play in the tournament, you can't be a manager.

Managers are the people who in essence run the teams. They decide who plays on it, who plays what position and even handles the team finances.

Managers also makes sure the team keeps running on a day to day basis. This means arranging battles, prodding players, and anything else you can think of. If a team fails to complete their matches by the end of the allotted time, the onus is on the manager to inform as to why this happened.

The most important thing they do is actually signing the players, which means having a good working knowledge of who the best players are in certain areas.

If you're looking for a way to participate in SPL without having to do a lot of work, then sadly, this isn't the position for you.

Lastly, managers will be allowed to hire upto 3 people as part of their managerial "team". Now, this serves multiple purposes:

1. Most importantly, it makes sure that there is never inactivity from a manager. If a manager goes inactive, one of his team will step up and fulfill his responsibilities.
2. It also gives a manager a few people to discuss strategies with, which makes it all the more interesting.
3. It involves more people into the tournament!

Now, if you are applying for a manager spot and have a friend who is applying for one as well, you may consider working together like this instead. Its just an optional thing, but I recommend people applying in a group of 2-3 so that more groups of people get an opportunity to manage.

Do note that nobody on the "managerial team" can participate in the tournament as a player.

Deadline for Manager Applications: Sunday, April 11th, 2010

whistle + matty
Rory + RBG
Corndog + Golden Sun
Synre + Carl + alex
Scofield
jumpluff + huy
KnightOfTheWind
Ashley
Mohaji
Jimbo
AshPe
Fabbles
_Apocalypse_
kd24
Huntofthelion + Igor
Arin
Sonuis
tennisace + stellar + Thoughts
Dubulous + bobtheball4
Flamewheeler
Alaka + Tyler422
omni

i'd like to try!

i am whistle someone stole my name so i'm dragon boy -.-

edit: me and matty and the extremely attractive scofield (maybe one more???)

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
LN missed one very important thing, managers will be allowed to hire upto 3 people as part of their managerial "team". Now, this serves multiple purposes:

1. Most importantly, it makes sure that there is never inactivity from a manager. If a manager goes inactive, one of his team will step up and fulfill his responsibilities.
  2. It also gives a manager a few people to discuss strategies with, which makes it all the more interesting.
  3. It involves more people into the tournament!
Now, if you are applying for a manager spot and have a friend who is applying for one as well, you may consider working together like this instead. Its just an optional thing, but I recommend people applying in a group of 2-3 so that more groups of people get an opportunity to manage.

Do note that nobody on the "managerial team" can participate in the tournament as a player.

This sounds just as fun as playing, and a lot less stressful

I would definitely like to apply

EDIT: Golden Sun and I are applying together.

We've talked, friends

I'll probably hire assistants to blame later but currently I am going it alone baby

EDIT: I suggest potential battlers get their pictures ready as I will be selecting only the cutest Pokemon trainers for the winning team.

16:14:58] <@Synre> pluff sign up to manage i need more people i can make shady under the table deal swith
[16:15:13] <@Synre> whistle alone is NOT enough for me to start a manager mafia

sounded good to me

;)

If you're looking for a way to participate in SPL without having to do a lot of work, then sadly, this isn't the position for you.
Not to try and down the position (especially the qualifications), but outside of the auctions what is there to do beyond managing subs? (Yes, I've read the OP and it really isn't that tasking).

I'm slightly interested but I think I'd enjoy playing a bit more. However if anybody wants to chat me up on IRC I'll consider it further.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Auctions, subs, midseason transfers, making sure battles are completed. Its definitely enough work.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
tentatively signing up. i of course reserve the right to waffle between playing and managing

I probably won't be chosen as a player so manager it is

EDIT: I'll see if Corndog would like to partner up with me

EDIT 2: Corndog has agreed to join me

If I am allowed to manage a team until Last week of june and then let my peons take control, then sure, i'd love to.

I would love to partake in the battling part of the league, but I just think I would make an excellent manager. So I'll sign up.

fwiw if he stays active alex will be assistant gming for me but god knows if that'll actually happen

also the much more reliable carl will also be joining us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)