Smogon Premier League - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
had some funny pop up business that tried to give me a heart attack, but the game ended up nice anyway. gg man.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ok so cotc is out. if we lose any, scooters are in. if we make playoffs....comeback of the year

turns out scooters have seven. so if we win, we are in. i think.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
lol Pokemon, first turn Chansey freeze, Body Slam miss, tons of FPs on my end, obvious loss.

for making playoffs:

COTC (1-3):
8 points locked
potential for up to +2/+1/+0 points
+4 BD locked
potential for -6/+2 BD

TDC (3-3):
8 points locked
potential for up to +2/+1/+0 points
+4 BD locked
potential for -2/+2 BD

Scooters (7-1):
9 points locked
+7 BD locked

if either COTC or TDC win the week (5-3 is the only possibility for both), then Scooters are out.

if exactly one of COTC or TDC wins the week, the team that wins makes playoffs.

if both COTC and TDC win the week, COTC makes playoffs because they... 8-0d TDC.

if neither win the week (i.e. if COTC or TDC lose one more battle), they have a maximum of 9 points (tie) and a maximum final BD of +4, meaning Scooters make playoffs.

for seeds:

Tigers (5-3):
12 points locked
+11 BD locked

Alpha Ruiners (3-5):
11 points locked
+9 BD locked

Cryonicles (3-3):
11 points locked
potential for up to +2 points
+10 BD locked
potential for -2/+2 BD

Scooters (7-1):
9 points locked
+7 BD locked

COTC (1-3):
8 points locked
+4 BD locked
potential for -6/+2 BD

TDC (3-3):
8 points locked
+4 BD locked
potential for up to +2 BD

if Cryonicles tie (meaning TDC ties as well which means they cannot make playoffs), then Cryonicles have 12 points and +10 BD. this scenario yields seeds of: (1) Tigers; (2) Cryonicles; (3) Alpha Ruiners; (4) Scooters/COTC.

if Cryonicles win (meaning TDC loses so they cannot make playoffs), then Cryonicles have 13 points and +12 BD. this gives seeds of: (1) Cryonicles; (2) Tigers; (3) Alpha Ruiners; (4) Scooters/COTC.

if Cryonicles lose (meaning TDC wins which means either TDC or COTC wins playoffs, depending on whether COTC also wins), then Cryonicles have 11 points and +8 BD. this results in: (1) Tigers; (2) Alpha Ruiners; (3) Cryonicles; (4) COTC/TDC.

now that SilentEcho has won vs M Dragon, Cryonicles are guaranteed a tie at worst this week (12/13 points; +10/+12 BD). it puts TDC out of the running. if COTC wins every match they have remaining, they make the playoffs. if not, Scooters make the playoffs and

<+LonelyNess> what I will say, though, is if the Scooters get lucky enough to get into the playoffs on the flukes that happened this week
<+LonelyNess> I never want to hear them bitch about luck again
<+LonelyNess> EVER.

if Cryonicles lose and COTC loses one more battle, (1) Tigers; (2) Cryonicles; (3) Alpha Ruiners; (4) Scooters.
if Cryonicles lose and COTC wins all four remaining battles, (1) Tigers; (2) Cryonicles; (3) Alpha Ruiners; (4) COTC.
if Cryonicles win and COTC loses one more battle, (1) Cryonicles; (2) Tigers; (3) Alpha Ruiners; (4) Scooters.
if Cryonicles win and COTC wins all four remaining battles, (1) Cryonicles; (2) Tigers; (3) Alpha Ruiners; (4) COTC.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm proud of my team. Good job you guys, even if we didn't make it to the playoffs.

Yeah ggs everyone, I can't really complain since the last five weeks were very enjoyable. Good luck to the remaining teams and thanks to the hosts for putting all this effort in, keeping a tight schedule, and being fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)