1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 1 Smogon RBY analysis challenge.

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Hipmonlee, Dec 19, 2011.

1. waterwizard

waterwizard

Yes... At those times Aero would not wall him; Gengar would! And sometimes Mewtwo only runs Ice Beam, so Lapras walls him. Fascinating!
  2. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

If you thought I was trying to defend 420, his post was ass.. I just felt that that was being overlooked.. Like, I wouldnt really be comfortable if our analyses were describing Lapras as a Mewtwo counter.

I really didnt mean to offend I swear.
  3. Tonykantos

Tonykantos

~ Earthquake
    ~ Blizzard
    ~ Body Slam
    ~ Seismic Toss

Standard set for marowak.
    I don't know, but I think 50 special isn't going to cut through... anything.
  4. Crystal_

Crystal_
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

5. 420

You could wager a guess that I've never contributed anything to the metagame, but you'd lose that wager.

Coming from the guy who's used shit like Raticate and Kabutops successfully in OU, I can safely say Aerodactyl sucks. I would never use him to "wall snorlax" since switching into a body slam puts you at constant risk of getting paralyzed and losing the only asset aerodactyl has. Sky attack isn't that great, 2 turns for essentially a 210 base power 90 accuracy attack, and you run a huge risk of hitting a rhydon/golem anyway. Yes, I know zapdos is also walled by rhydon/golem as well, but zapdos should be used as a surprise late game sweeper anyway and doesn't have to waste a turn charging to do any damage.

I appreciate you thinking out of the box and using shitty pokemon, but aero is a joke

addendum: I don't care that you use aerodactyl, the thing that bugs me is that you actually think its a good counter to snorlax and saying shit like "omg crit sky attack so much damage"
  6. JohnWesleyX

JohnWesleyX

Show Hide

All of Dugtrio's set made me laugh. Its main selling point was Sand Attack.
  7. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Gee, such fire over Aero's ability to wall in the first gen? C'mon, this is for having fun picking out the less than adequate parts of analyses.
  8. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

tbh that's the only thing dugtrio can do since arena trap doesn't exist and he is really well... shit. outclassed by golem/rhydon for an electric immune and i'd rather use sandslash over dugtrio imo
  9. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

You can laugh at the write-ups all you want, but do keep in mind that bad mons in RBY simply can't do much of anything, especially not if they're supposed to be up against standard ones (which was apparently the writing standard for some of them). So that's when gimmicks like Supersonic, Toxic and Sand Attack come into play.
  10. Longfellow

Longfellow

Dewgong and Lapras both have a Defense of 80. Dewgong's Attack is 70 and Lapras's is 85.
  11. 420

Not to mention Dewgong is NOTHING like lapras at all.
  12. Longfellow

Longfellow

Eh Dewgong is a lot like Lapras except for anything that makes Lapras good.
  13. coughing

coughing

"If Gyarados didn't learn Thunderbolt it'd probably be somewhere along with the likes of Flareon and other great Pokémon that are ignored"

lolz.
  14. coughing

coughing

"Tentacruel is one of those unfortunate Swords Dancers that can't OHKO Alakazam with Hyper Beam after one Swords Dance"

XD

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)