levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Regional Tournament v1 - Host: Colonel M | Finals Thread | Winner: Earthworm
Regional Tournament v2 - Host: Colonel M | Finals Thread | Winner: reachzero

Approved by Isa

[cool art]
>tfw no tour art/banner ;__;

Regional Tournament v3

Hello everyone!

"The Regional Tournament was thought by SoT and I [Colonel M] to represent an "interesting" twist to a metagame. Have you ever wondered how dominant Gyarados would be in Kanto with Dragon Dance, Waterfall, and Intimidate? Sick of seeing Blissey versus Salamence battles? What about Pokemon that don't get to shine much, like Tauros, see a speckle of light? Well, now is your chance to try this Tournament out.

I forgot to add this and this is very important. If a Pokemon evolves or has a pre-Evo in a different region, you can't use that Pokemon. For example, you can't use Electivire in the Kanto region. However, you can perfectly use Electabuzz in the region. But in return, you cannot use Electabuzz in the Sinnoh region.

How it works is simple: Your Team Building is restricted to the region. For example, the Kanto Tournament can use Pokemon such as Machamp and Gyarados, but are banned in the Johto Round. The same applies inversely for Pokemon such as Skarmory and Scizor. Perhaps pending on the popularity, we may ban / unban certain things or even merge two regions together for a twist. But until then, we will stick with one region."
_____​

In other words this is how it works:
The Round's Region | The pokemon you are allowed to use for that round (provided they are OU legal)

[RBY] Kanto Round | Pokemon 1 - 151
[GSC] Johto Round | Pokemon 152 - 251
[ADV] Hoenn Round | Pokemon 252 - 386
[DPP] Sinnoh Round | Pokemon 387 - 493
[BW] Unova Round | Pokemon 494 - 649
[XY] Kalos Round | Pokemon 650 - 721

Note: Mega-Evolutions are NOT ALLOWED in any round.

Tournament Rules

• This is exclusively an ORAS OU tournament.
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Best of 1 | Single Elimination (Finalists may Bo3 if they are both willing)
  • Battles should take place on either the PS (main) or Smogtours servers.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Battle Clauses:
  • 6v6
  • Sleep Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview (in applicable gens)
  • Moody Clause
Non-Standard Rules:
  • The pokemon you choose when building MUST be OU legal. The format you challenge in should be OU only.
  • NO Mega-Evolutions.
  • There may be rounds where I choose to combine two rounds, this will be made clear in that Round's OP.
  • Replays are REQUIRED submission for the WINNER - either post in this thread or PM me (if you want to keep things secret) here on smogon w/ the title "Regional Tour Round #"
    • This is just to ensure everyone is using legal teams and no one is trying to bypass the system.
  • Signups will be 50 first-come first-serve sign ups. I will then hand pick personally the last 14 according to who I believe is best fit for the final positions. I don't want lazy users and after seeing all the tours (mine included) recently full of activity/coinflip wins I feel this is fair :)
    • If this goes to 96 I'll make it so the first 75 are first-come first-serve and pick the remainder [21] myself.
Rounds will last one week apiece with the possible exception of Round 1 lasting two weeks (in case this hits a high number of entrants). I will be relatively strict on round deadlines, because needing to build a team is necessary however there is a very limited pool to even choose from for every single round. I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided by coin flips.

Best of luck to all my entrants, and special thanks to those of you who sign up often and get your matches done regularly/on-time. It makes me life easier and makes hosting much more enjoyable :heart:

Signups:

• no one ;_;
Signups Deadline - about 3-5 days unless entrants drastically slow down early on

tournament introduction credit to Colonel M and his/her original thread

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)