Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - April 2009

| Hariyama | SpAttack EV | Very Low (<50) | 2.4 |
| Hitmonlee | SpAttack EV | Low (50-100) | 1.4 |
| Kingler | SpAttack EV | Low (50-100) | 4.8 |

What the hell are people using...?
I would assume they are getting stealth rock friendly HP numbers for choiced pokemon

Umbreon in OU? I never would have thought.

And thank god Donphan is out of OU, or at least off the top 50.

We gotta lose Alakazam next.
uh, alakazam is tied with porygon-z for the highest speciel attack outside of ubers. Theres no way he's going out of OU, and if he did, he should go instantly to BL, there would be no point in testing.

Speaking of Pory-z, he's at number 50? thats not good. If he drops to uu... then it's a testing period of rape.

Why are people using rotom-h? use cut-rotom. hidden power fire still ko'es scizor, but hidden power grass won't kill swampert. IE, with cut, you can cover both pokemon

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Um Rampardos isn't even tying with anything for the highest Atk outside of ubers, and it's NU.

Just because something has a high stat in something doesn't mean it doesn't go through the same testing procedure as everything else. Personally I have feelings that Alakazam might be BL material, but we have no idea until we test it.

Um Rampardos isn't even tying with anything for the highest Atk outside of ubers, and it's NU.

Just because something has a high stat in something doesn't mean it doesn't go through the same testing procedure as everything else. Personally I have feelings that Alakazam might be BL material, but we have no idea until we test it.
Well, let's see.

Alakazam has; godly special attack, wonderful speed, and wet-cardboard-like defenses.

Porygon-Z has: Godly special attack, usable speed, and lackluster defenses.

Rampardos has: Godly attack, pathetic speed, and less defenses than a cheeseburger.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, let's see.

Alakazam has; godly special attack, wonderful speed, and wet-cardboard-like defenses.

Porygon-Z has: Godly special attack, usable speed, and lackluster defenses.

Rampardos has: Godly attack, pathetic speed, and less defenses than a cheeseburger.
You missed the point - by our current process, if a Pokemon drops out of OU and hasn't been tested in UU before, it automatically goes into UU for testing. I was responding to the poster before me who was saying Alakazam should be put straight into BL without a fair test.

And for the record, compare Alakazam to the already UU Espeon:

Espeon - 65 / 65 / 60 / 130 / 95 / 110
Alakazam - 55 / 50 / 45 / 135 / 85 / 120

There really isn't that much of a difference in terms of base stats - the only things of note that Alakazam outspeeds that Espeon doesn't is Ambipom and a possible Speed tie with Sceptile (and then there's the NU Floatzel). Espeon is considerably bulkier and has access to Baton Pass. Alakazam differentiates itself with Focus Blast, meaning it doesn't have to resort to HP Fighting like Espeon, and on a lesser note Encore.

I think a test would be interesting to say the least (Dual Screen Inner Focus Alakazam lead ftw).

You missed the point - by our current process, if a Pokemon drops out of OU and hasn't been tested in UU before, it automatically goes into UU for testing. I was responding to the poster before me who was saying Alakazam should be put straight into BL without a fair test.
I know the process, I am an eager UU player. I was being sarcastic-saying that it would shoot up almos tinstantly, like raikou and staraptor together.

Man, now that I think about it, Porygon2 is all the more viable considering it can do well against some major threats in UU.

Hmm...I wonder if a Trace-Technician boost is needed for P2, to take out Scizor.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
What are you talking about? porygonZ is #43 and #50 is porgon2 !
No point in comparing the two since their jobs are so much different. One is a special sweeper/attacker while the other is a counter to several top threats (Mence, Gyarados, etc).

I'd take Dual Screen Alakazam over Azelf anyday. Being faster than Azelf and being able to Encore the SR of pretty much any other lead I feel is more helpful than being able to Explode every once in a while.

Thanks Doug, these make for great reading.
Alakazam is a DS lead? dear god no. Fragile, Its little extra speed means nothing, couldn't live a bullet punch meta.

Alakazam is a DS lead? dear god no. Fragile, Its little extra speed means nothing, couldn't live a bullet punch meta.
Actually, even without Reflect, standard lead Metagross has only a 3.81% chance of 2HKOing standard dual screen Alakazam. If you Reflect the first turn, you should be able to get up Light Screen too.

Wow, nice work, as always. Particularly, I was a bit surprised with Ninjask being the top 9 lead, becouse I don't saw anyone in any of my battles.

Thanks a million doug.
I think the azelf leads are justified as they can not only set up the rocks but also taunt and explode.... thats like 3 in 1.But Meta leads still beat it. Oh God im so partial! but you cant blame me for loving the big guy as much as i do.

Scizor is no.1 no kidding... but im sick and tired of seeing them everywhere.lol Blissey is no.9? from being known as one of the most used pokemon let alone most used walls,its astounding.

Love the fact that there is a small gap between the top 2 leads, and also a huge gap between Meta and Jirachi.. YEAAH!

I don't like the fact that there's such a difference with jirachi and metagross. I have considered jirachi more useful, but whatever...I'm not really complaining because jirachi is my least favorite lead to go up against.

I'm also surprised that abomasnow is so high up on leads. I know that 2% isn't that high (this basically means that 2%of teams out there are hail), but it still seems rather odd. I have seen way more mamo leads than abomasnows...

And I find it amazing that, despite the recent downturn in scizor usage, it's still up top in OU. Go scizor!

And the best thing I found in the lists was that 597 people used minun in their teams, but only 164 used plusle...for some reason that seems really funny. minun is way cooler though, so it does make a bit of sense :)

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I see that someone is neglecting a certain 97 stat.
Okay, then I guess it has the defenses of a double bacon cheeseburger.

But seriously, 97 HP and low defenses isn't exactly taking too many hits, I agree.

i was looking through past month's statistics and just realized that this is the first month since LAST NOVEMBER that the top 3 weren't scizor, heatran and salamence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)