Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - August 2008

So if one month's statistics weren't good enough to determine the differences between the two metagames, why are we having the vote now? Wouldn't it be premature?

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here is a graph comparing the Standard ladder usages and the Suspect ladder usages of their first 60 Pokemon:

Note how the blue graph (Standard) is always below the green graph (Suspect) from Pokemon #2 to Pokemon #27. Note in particular the graphs from Pokemon #2 to #7 and from Pokemon #12 to #27. This is the reason why the Suspect ladder usages reach 75% before those of the Standard ladder.

I'm not sure if this has already been noted, but since Deoxys-E was on the suspect ladder for awhile ( 54 | Deoxys-e | 1438 ), that does slightly skew the statistics, correct?

EDIT- Not that it drastically changes what makes OU or anything, but I figured it was worth pointing out.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Big surprise for Claydol being #1 in UU (or maybe not because of Aero).

And a lot of things were pushed out of the top 75%, like Grumpig. Very, very odd.

EDIT;; Also noticing that Hippo is down in the standard ladder....I'm going to hate that thing if it goes BL.

I think that people need to get used to this new metagame instead of trying to find pokemon to fill garchomps shoes. People will always look for the strongest pokemon, and if it isn't there, they will look for the next best thing. As of now the next best thing is salamence, as you can see from the statistics. I think that people will eventually find ways to fit garchomp the one time counters back into the metagame, but in a different way.

That being said, I don't think it is right to judge garchomp's impact after one month. The metagame needs more time to adjust fro overcentralized to every pokemon finding a new role.

I think porygon-2 usage will go down really fast, and I am pretty sure it already has. If there were weekly statistics I am almost positive it would show a lot of p2 usage at the beginning of the suspect ladder and a little less at towards the end of the month.

Anyone notice how Electrode is at #22 in Suspect test leads? With the removal of Deoxys-E, it can now claim for fastest Taunt in the metagame...combined with Thunder Wave/Rain Dance/Light Screen support and Explosion it can make a decent niche for itself.

I'm also noticing how Yache Berry is the item of choice on 46% of Garchomps...that's a huge jump compared to the 39% or so Yache Chomps in the last month.

K thanks. I already cant wait for next months tier list update because we're ready to finally see some new faces in OU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)