1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - December 2009

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by DougJustDoug, Jan 5, 2010.

1. 1017

I am liking the fact Jolteon, the unsung hero is coming alive and I am surprised Magnezone is not in the top 10
  2. Mini_Pichu_Kohai

Mini_Pichu_Kohai

I think it's because Tyranitar is more played with Choice Scarf ... This Pokemon is more effective with Life Orb and Recover ^^.
  3. MetaGross66

MetaGross66

Even with a Scarf, you get SR up and can U-turn or Leaf Storm it as they switch after getting up their own SR and switch to the Tyranitar. If they stay in, it won't matter, because Leaf Storm will lower Special Attack, at which point I would switch, unless it got me the kill which is all that matters in a good SR lead: getting SR up and at least one kill if possible.

Edit: Unless Scarftar is becoming more of a lead these days which I really doubt. -_-
  4. Mini_Pichu_Kohai

Mini_Pichu_Kohai

For Revenge kill Celebi ... Not ScarfTtar starter =O ...
  5. MetaGross66

MetaGross66

The thing is, it can't if it U-turns out as it switches in. If it's revenge killing it, then Celebi did its job which is all that matters in a good lead...
  6. NoahS

NoahS

Dont really face Magnezone that often and stats prove that.

Am surprised about Breelom though. It looks to me that I run into Breloom in every second battle.
  7. Black Sludge

Black Sludge

It seems that the Pokemon that one faces tend to depend on the opponent's CRE. I see Magnezone used by 1500+ players quite a bit.
  8. dbcb

dbcb

these statistics would be much more useful if they involved the good players...

like ninjask... only noobs use ninjask thinking "omg, stat boost, baton pass, SWEEP 6-0)... even though it never ever works
  9. Veedrock

Veedrock

I guarantee that everyone who bashes Ninjask shats their pants at first site.
  10. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP THE FORDS
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

11. Quaily

Quaily

swampert used roar
    xxx has left the game
  12. Smurf.

Smurf.
    is a Past SPL Winner

I prefer to give them some false hope, Meteor first with Dnite, then Espeed as they try to pass their +2 atck and +1 speed.

lols.
  13. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP THE FORDS
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ninjask users ought to be paying more attention to opposing lead sets, then.
  14. Ken Sical Ifreet

Ken Sical Ifreet

People say he is horrible, then why do people use him at all?

...The fact I use him not withstanding.
  15. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Why do you use him?
  16. Ken Sical Ifreet

Ken Sical Ifreet

I prefer him over Infernape because he isn't weak to Water like Infernape. Although he needs Magnet Rise to keep away from EQ or be faster than the one using it (Which he can be in some cases, like Infernape).

I just prefer him. Nothing is going to change that, but I'd probably use someone else if I changed my team further.
  17. Ramblin Wreck

Ramblin Wreck

Because in UU, he makes an effective revenge killer with a choice scarf. In Ubers, he's an awesome Darkrai counter due to Fighting STAB amd Vital Spirit. In OU, he is massively outclassed by Infernape, who has higher HP, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed, and only one less base Attack. In OU, Primeape is completely stuck against common physical walls like Hippowdon and Gliscor.
  18. lordkira

lordkira

Plus Ape also has NP and another type for stab...etc etc
  19. SHUCKLE MAN

SHUCKLE MAN

So I can't use Ninjask now without you calling me a "noob"?

Yes, excluding a huge amount of Smogon players in our statistics seems like a great way to divide the community. It will really help the newer players to feel included.
  20. ultimifier

ultimifier

pretty much yeah.

and IF your going to use him dont use him as a lead, that blows the surprise first turn
  21. Eternal

Eternal
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Lol, atleast Ninjask's usage stats are gradually deteriorating every month. I wonder how much Ninjask would effect UU.
  22. NoahS

NoahS

Not sure about how much it would effect the UU metagame, but Ninjask counter is pretty much Roarer/Whirlwind and we do have them in UU aswell.
  23. EvilMario

EvilMario

Ninjask is decent, it's simply that people don't use him properly. Instead of just passing one speed boost, when faced with a difficult situation, they opt to try to obtain multiple ones, thus being phazed out, or they die/waste all their health. With proper support, passing single speed boost around (and Swords Dance when you can) can be a blessing to many sweepers in OU.

I rarely see Ninjask paired with Magnezone. Just look at the usage statistics for him, Magnezone, someone who could trap and skill Skarmory, Scizor (not to mention it would like a speed boost), isn't even in the top 20 for teammates. It's clear people view him as only good on a Baton Pass Chain, which is nearly impossible to pull off in the current OU.

The fact that Starmie (the only Rapid Spinner on the list) is a number 20, and absence of Forrty is equally depressing, because they're not supporting Ninjask at all. :/

+------------+---------------
    | Pokemon | By Usage |
    +------------+---------------
    | Ninjask | 1. Scizor
    | Ninjask | 2. Metagross
    | Ninjask | 3. Smeargle
    | Ninjask | 4. Vaporeon
    | Ninjask | 5. Salamence
    | Ninjask | 6. Lucario
    | Ninjask | 7. Breloom
    | Ninjask | 8. Marowak
    | Ninjask | 9. Infernape
    | Ninjask | 10. Blissey
    | Ninjask | 11. Gliscor|
    | Ninjask | 12. Umbreon
    | Ninjask | 13. Heatran
    | Ninjask | 14. Gyarados
    | Ninjask | 15. Gengar
    | Ninjask | 16. Latias
    | Ninjask | 17. Tyranitar
    | Ninjask | 18. Electivire
    | Ninjask | 19. Machamp
    | Ninjask | 20. Starmie
  24. EvilMario

EvilMario

Yep.. double post.
  25. Eternal

Eternal
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

UU also has Mr.Mime, Cradily, and Octillery.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)