1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - February 2009

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by DougJustDoug, Mar 1, 2009.

1. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

I think Yanmega would be overkill in UU, though, its very possible we see Yanmega on it, SR just ruins his fun.
  2. Ferdie

Ferdie

But you must remember how good counter Registeel and Regice are. Then there is Chansey etc. The problem is that Yanmegas Speed Boost makes it very difficult to revenge kill so it can be huge menace in late game.
  3. Veedrock

Veedrock

Predictions guys? Any rises or falls in the OU/UU gap that you think are likely?

I've got nothing, but I'm hoping Donphan falls.

EDIT: I will cry if pure-physical Electivire usage does not drop.
  4. BRShooter

BRShooter

Hope Bold Bliss falls even further. Oh, and that Umbreon drops out of the top 50.
  5. Legacy Raider

Legacy Raider
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Donphan would be a really nice presence to have in UU - 90 HP / 120 Atk / 120 Def is pretty great. Yanmega sounds like it could fit in well with the current hype over Shaymin. A 4x resistance to Grass is cool, but pity it comes with the 4x Rock weakness. Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Chansey, even Clefable and Milotic stop it pretty easily, and the Stealth Rock quad weakness is crippling, so my initial opinion is that it would probably be OK in the tier. That said, Alakazam isn't all that different from Espeon...
  6. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't seen a single Yanmega or Electivire all month. Either of them dropping to UU seems perfectly possible at this point.

Umbreon is the closest it's ever been to being OU this generation. I hope it happens!

Oh, and does anyone expect an April Fool's joke from Doug?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)