1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - January 2010

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by DougJustDoug, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Quaily

Quaily

I'm aware. I messed around with specs latias last month and she 2hkos scizor, metagross, and tyranitar with surf. The best way around is sticking a scarf on tyranitar, not picking a less used poke because none of them really have the power to stop her(bulky waters can switch into surf, okay. but how do they ko latias? they can't.)
  2. Cuiv

Cuiv

FTFY.

Although, to be fair, without Blissey Latias would also be broken.
  3. TheMantyke

TheMantyke ᴵ ᶰᵉᵉᵈ ᵃ ᵐᵒᶰˢᵗᵉʳ ᵗᵒ ᶜᶫᵒᵇᵇᵉʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ᴷᶦʳᵇʸ
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Thanks for the stats Doug.
    This is without a doubt the most shocking change in both the OU and Uber environment.
  4. Quaily

Quaily

Switching blissey into latias a lot is going to end up with a scarf/specs blissey, unless it's the sub/cm latias which can still beat the standard 252 def bold blissey.
  5. Bad Ass

Bad Ass be cool
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Winneris a GS2 Winner

anyone else notice how lo starmie can deal, at the very least, 60% to every pokemon above it? It lands 6 ohkoes, and 7 2hkoes. The only thing that can actually take 2 hydro pumps, bar some weird set, is latias. Latias takes about 65% from a life orbed ice beam, which equates to a 2hko after sr and a hydro pump. Use lo starmie more.
  6. VKCA

VKCA (Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)

Surprised to see mewtwo and tyranitar at number one. Thanks doug.
  7. cmurph

cmurph

blissey still beats all LO latias and the large majority of CM latias, not to mention choiced latias once its already used trick
  8. The Pokemon Pimp

The Pokemon Pimp

Thanks for the list, Doug!

Pretty cool, but I sort of hope Heracross jumps into UU soon...it'd be fun to use him down there.
  9. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

Scarf-TTar checks a lot of threats, not only Latias. Being able to check Gengar, Starmie, Rotom and revenge killing almost everything below 360 Spe is a good reason alone to consider scarf-TTar. Having a good switch into Latias is just an added bonus.

As always, thank you very much Doug.
  10. SHUCKLE MAN

SHUCKLE MAN

It's nice to see a bit more fluctuation in OU. I remember last month there wasn't very much.
  11. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

In terms of interesting leads in OU:

| 9 | Tyranitar | 22310 | 2.97 |
    | 10 | Gliscor | 22154 | 2.95 |
    | 11 | Ninjask | 20205 | 2.69 |
    | 14 | Uxie | 15985 | 2.13 |
    | 17 | Crobat | 12918 | 1.72 |

Tyranitar's new lead set is seeing some use. People finally see Gliscor's potential as a lead, despite that it can be setup bait for Salamence. People continue to use Ninjask (even though I never see it). Duel Screen/TrickScarf Uxie sees some love, and lastly Crobat sees enough usage to get bye.

Other notable OU stuff:

| Tyranitar | Item | Choice Scarf | 22.7 |
    ^^ No surprise there.
    | 6 | Gyarados | 140890 | 18.75 |
    ^^ Used to be #2 iirc? Stealth Rock just continues to be a dominating force.
    | 9 | Gengar | 110599 | 14.72 |
    ^^ Gengar is gaining popularity (along with Starmie, which is odd considering the increase in ScarfTar).

Rotom-A and Latias obviously went down due to ScarfTar (which brings the question to mind, who really popularized this "new set"? (I say new because it has been used before, but never this much)).

Thanks Doug.
  12. Megan_Fox

Megan_Fox

Tyranitar | Item | Choice Scarf | 22.7 |
    | Tyranitar | Item | Choice Band | 14.8 |

Holy shit :o. Yea it makes sense though, like Haunter said, scarf-tar is extremely useful and latias is just a bonus. I expected a raise from last month, but i didn't expect this high.

And yea like Delta said, its good that people are recognizing gliscor leads more. It really is a great lead
  13. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

so... that's why I've been seeing so much Scarf Tar.

I've been waiting for these, good work!
  14. Lord Blood

Lord Blood

Uxie # 14 for OU leads scares me. However love the rise of Metagross leads. Thanks Doug!
  15. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a GS1 Winner

Tyranitar at #2? It was always coming. I also think that it's no coincidence that with T-tar's rise, there has also been a rise in Swampert's usage, and a drop for both Rotom-A and Latias. It just shows that it only takes one Pokemon's usage to rise to change the top 10 quite considerably.
  16. Parasol_Kirby

Parasol_Kirby

I'm shocked at Ho-oh's drop in usage. Was its rise to fame that easily destroyed by HP Fire Giratina? Now I'm second guessing my choice to get HG over SS, lol
  17. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

appreciate the effort for providing us with these statistics doug

i think its time we lead with starmie more often!
  18. EpicTurtle

EpicTurtle

1 | Froslass | 16316 | 12.56 |
    2 | Uxie | 13869 | 10.67 |
    3 | Ambipom | 11551 | 8.89 |
    4 | Moltres | 3839 | 2.95 |

Wow people must only use like the same 3 leads or somethings since that jump is huge.
  19. Flamewheeler

Flamewheeler

Oh emm gee! It's so shocking that all the suspects made the top 10(6). -.-

Also, wtf is up with the UU leads? Seriously? There's almost a 6 pt (5.94) difference between the #3 and #4 spot! WHAT?!
  20. TEA_DEMON

TEA_DEMON

Wow an Ambipom took an amazing hit for UU leads.

Thanks Doug, always good for stat hunting.
  21. connoisseur

connoisseur

To be honest I'm not surprised by the rise in swampert. He is literally on every single team I play against. Tyrantitar's rise is not really that surprising either. It's also nice to see mewtwo at #2 in ubers, he is the best pokemon in the game.
  22. EvilMario

EvilMario

I'm surprised Lucario has been steadily dropping, especially with what we knew would be an increase in Scarf Tyranitar (whom Lucario easily sets up on Stone Edge, or preferably, Crunch).
  23. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

The Tyranitar bit: Yeah, I've noticed he's powerful. Who needs a band when a scarf can pin your opponent between a rock (TTar) and a hard place (Pursuit)? The checking ability easily accounts for that. I see Scizor is falling, too. Perhaps the metagame has evolved. I'm glad it isn't stable anymore.
  24. Gir!

Gir!

I think the main reason is that he is easily revenge killed by ScarfTar, I mean, whats the reason to set up a SD when he can easily come back and revenge kill you with EQ? Lucario would need to run BP to beat him, leaving him vulnerable to other threats
  25. IK.

IK.

Yeah scarftar at 22% is absolutely huge, but not surprising because of the fact that it checks so many Pokemon and is an amazing trick absorber for stall based teams.

Also pretty shocked that Venusaur is still number one, considering that it is not as dominant as in was in the previous period, definitely was expecting Cresselia to be number one.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)