Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - January 2010

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Performance in Ubers has no bearing on Uber status, although it is a potential suspect.

Speaking of Ubers, Forretress and Groudon are in decline in usage, whereas the versatile Mewtwo rises. Perhaps this indicates that we are entering into an offensive phase of the metagame?

Speaking of Ubers, Forretress and Groudon are in decline in usage, whereas the versatile Mewtwo rises. Perhaps this indicates that we are entering into an offensive phase of the metagame?
Mmm...maybe. If this is true, I think we may see rise in usages of Palkia and Garchomp.

Remember that Mewtwo also makes a potent stall member. The rise and fall of Groudon and Forretress are probably related to those of Ho-oh.

I've been seeing much less cbttars and (obv) a lot more scarf than the beginning of the month. I feel like scarf tar is rising even more in usage.

Also, does anyone else feel like the UBER environment is going offensive once more (even more) and predicting the usage rise in palkia and chomp again?

| Gallade | Move | Psychic | 25.0 |

| Gallade | Move | HP-Fire | 12.5 |

| Gallade | Move | Poison Jab | 12.5 |

| Gallade | Move | Giga Impact | 12.5 |

Why are people misusing Gallade?

Also, I'm suprised there is no Psycho Boost usage on Deoxys-A...

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
| Gallade | Move | Psychic | 25.0 |

| Gallade | Move | HP-Fire | 12.5 |

| Gallade | Move | Poison Jab | 12.5 |

| Gallade | Move | Giga Impact | 12.5 |

Why are people misusing Gallade?

How many times do you need to be told that Psychic sucks ass, especially in ubers? There's a reason that Psychic pokemon never use their STABs in Ubers!!

Tyranitar/Metagross/Scizor switches in
Deoxys-A attack drops by 2 levels
We have dead Deoxys-A (Pursuit kills it anyway, even if it doesn't switch out)
Heck, after special attack drop you can't OHKO heavily defensive Scizor with HP Fire (and those are the most popular)

And in Ubers we have... no Psychic weak pokemon (Fighting Arceus was the ONLY one in the past). And number of resists is really heavy.

Really, it's beyond me why people are still surprised by this. Play Ubers and see how it really looks like.

So? Does that justify giving Gallade Poison Jab?
Gallade was used 24 times in a tier where there were 12,194 battles. I don't think you should bother looking at what some nub did >_<. It's like, does anyone really care that Wormadam was used once but with a moveset of Giga Impact/Thief/Signal Beam/String Shot?

Gallade was used 24 times in a tier where there were 12,194 battles. I don't think you should bother looking at what some nub did >_<. It's like, does anyone really care that Wormadam was used once but with a moveset of Giga Impact/Thief/Signal Beam/String Shot?
What the...

Anyway, I'm suprised Mamoswine went so low as 39 and Weavile 37...isn't Ice like the second-best attacking type in OU?

What the...

Anyway, I'm suprised Mamoswine went so low as 39 and Weavile 37...isn't Ice like the second-best attacking type in OU?
Ice is awesome offensively, but quite terrible defensively. Kind of opposite to how Steel is awesome defensively, but terrible offensively.

just from laddering, i can tell that tyranitar is going up a percent or two. or three.
Yeah, I defiantly agree with this. I wouldn't be suprised if Tyranitar takes #1 this month. Another thing I noticed is the lack of Metagross leads. Maybe it's just me, but I hardly ever see them anymore.

Yeah, I defiantly agree with this. I wouldn't be suprised if Tyranitar takes #1 this month. Another thing I noticed is the lack of Metagross leads. Maybe it's just me, but I hardly ever see them anymore.
I would be surprised if Scizor dropped 6% or Tyranitar gained 7%. That would be....whoa.

It doesn't need to be that extreme. It could happen if Scizor drops 4% while Tyranitar gains 3%. But yeah, I made that comment before I looked at the percentages properly. It does seem kind of unlikely.

good to see swampert in the top ten. interesting to see how common of a lead he is, despite his speed compared to the common lead. still, he's my favorite pokemon , so he should stay there.

(join my group "swamprt fan club")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)