Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - June 2009

Is Donphan finally going to fall out of OU?
At #55, then yes, it is. Which will be pretty cool, since there aren't much bulky grounds in UU, except for the ones with crappy seconday types (like Psychich and Rock)
Also, I'm excited about the possibility of Dugtrio in UU, slowly taking down teams one by one.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dugtrio will probably get banned from UU then, if that's the case. Support characteristic seems most likely.

Bliss is back in the top ten?
Ah well, it was a good month. Surprised latias isn't in the top ten, take that everyone who said that latias would centralize and be broken :)
Gyrados is fighting it's way up to salamence!
Gengar in the top ten!?! Mayby I'm not the only one using it. If it becomes more popular, I may see the first bullet punch lucario in forever!
I hope metagross being #5 includes leads, I didn't see a single one in the non-lead position (besides my own) the whole month!

Weather trio back as the top three in Ubers! And Kyogre is dropping ever so slightly!

Why the fuck is blaziken only number 7? Everyone in the sticky is complaining about stall being overwhelming, and, while I admit the new roserdae set is good, it isn't half as good at breaking stall as blaziken.

Edit: Wait, are their going to be new tier lists? I thought that was next month! Damn, UU is going to be so different!

With its big brother out of the picture, Absol has jumped from 31 to 11, a solid 20 places, nearly breaking the top 10. Meanwhile:

Absol | Ability | Pressure | 16.3
-_-

Rotom has inexplicably jumped from 41 to 19, an ever bigger jump than Absol, even though one would imagine it to be less useful in the post-Crobat metagame, seeing as how it provided a decent enough Crobat counter while the bat was still around. On the other hand, I suppose Shaymin was a pretty good Rotom counter, so its absence would bolster the thing's usefulness. Either way, good to see it getting the love it deserves, Choice Rotom is a very useful and unpredictable Pokemon.

Last month Intimidate was used almost twice as often as Technician on Hitmontop, this month the two abilities are almost dead even. Good to see Techtop also getting its due as people realize its offensive potential.

Chansey dropped 4 spots in usage, not much, but it's something and I'm happy to see it.

Oddly Poliwrath is down 10 spaces this month even though Shaymin, Honchkrow and Crobat were all significant threats to it......at #60, it's behind Pokemon such as Ursaring and Kangaskhan. Looks like NU for him. Gardevoir, Jumpluff and Primeape are also hovering dangerously close to NU status, while Tangrowth and Kangaskhan look like they may be getting a promotion.

Medicham was #45 in May, but this month he dropped like a rock, shooting all the way down to #76......odd, and also unfortunate for those who wanted him out of NU.

It's not surprising to see Roserade and Mismagius in the top 2 spots, but I am a bit shocked at just how high their usage percents are, especially Roserade. Roserade was used nearly as much this month as Crobat was last month. I guess it's so popular because it's so ridiculously versatile......it can run SubSeed, LO, Choice, Spikes, it's able to fit onto any sort of team, offense, balanced or stall.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Needs more Venusaur usage, a pokémon generally superior to Roserade, just without the entry hazard moves. :(

I'm currently spending most of my time on a HUGE programming project for Smogon.
ITT speculation regarding Competitor.

My list of highly overrated pokemon that continue to amaze me in how they make such high usage: Scizor, Flygon, Electivire, Jolteon, Togekiss.... All these pokemon are ok to decent for offensive teams but do little to nothign at breaking stall teams down.
To say nothing of those middle three, especially Electivire since everyone rags on it anyway, Scizor and Togekiss are both amazing pokémon. Togekiss is pretty much a stall pokémon in itself, with stats geared toward the defensive spectrum (high SpA, but low Speed and even higher SpD) and learning all sorts of support moves, including dual screens and Wish. Offensively, it can threaten stat buffs and "hax" its way through stall with a couple NP-boosted flinches, especially with Aura Sphere for the strong finish on Blissey. Scizor gets Swords Dance and isn't walled by much of anything as long as it has Superpower to plow through Skarmory, it can definitely break walls when used for such a purpose.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How can you call Flygon overrated. It was basically built for revenge killing. Amazing dual stab, pretty good speed at base 100. U-turn and an SR resist to make it almost the perfect pokemon to bring out after a double kill. Its attack leaves a bit to be desired but it does enough damage to get its job done very well.

| 9 | Ninjask | 20145 | 2.92 |
| 10 | Tyranitar | 16826 | 2.44 |
| 11 | Heatran | 14836 | 2.15 |
I hardly see Ninjask and T-tar leads. As in almost never. On the other hand, I almost always see Tran Leads.

Even if Dugtrio drops out of OU, it'll probably get booted back up to BL soon after. I can see it being extremely broken in UU, since there are fewer things in UU that can outspeed and/or survive Dugtrio's hits.

jeeze i stop laddering for a month and celebi drops so hard =(

clearly these events are inextricably related =)

great work as usual doug, v. excited about the new project

joshe

the best
Thank you very much Doug.

I'm really surprised to see Electivire 30th in usage. It doesn't do well this metagame. And, over 50% of Heatran are still scarfed.

WHY is no one using raikou!?! Come on, 89th? No. Its not a worse jolteon; it has CM, and it actually kills stuff. Raikou should definately be used more, especially considering that only blissey can truly wall it... Life Orb CM with t-bolt, shadow ball and hp-grass is where it's at.

My god shut up about Electivire.

Are tier lists being updated this month? If so, NU has quite a few changes. Poliwrath, Primeape, Gardevoir, Muk, Ninetales, and possibly Magmortar (!!!), and a loss of Tangrowth. Torterra usage rose in UU which is pleasing. Speaking of Torterra, try him out as a lead in OU. He beats most one on one.

My god shut up about Electivire.

Are tier lists being updated this month? If so, NU has quite a few changes. Poliwrath, Primeape, Gardevoir, Muk, Ninetales, and possibly Magmortar (!!!), and a loss of Tangrowth. Torterra usage rose in UU which is pleasing. Speaking of Torterra, try him out as a lead in OU. He beats most one on one.
Yeah, he is great. He either sets up rocks, kills them, or puts them into killing range for sand/priority to finish them(Azelf). I have been using him lately for Rock Polish, and although I haven't boosted yet, his LO Wood Hammers hurt!

Dusknoir | HP EV | None | 14.0
oh dear lord, please stop doing this people. there is no reason for ANY dusknoir set no matter how gimmicky to not have max HP. I'm guessing these people use max def, max sp def which is amazing because I don't think its possible to have a shittier ev spread than that. when will people learn.

No surprise gengar is on the rise. the LO set is deadly, scizor switches are easily predicted and dispatched of with hp fire.

No surprise gengar is on the rise. the LO set is deadly, scizor switches are easily predicted and dispatched of with hp fire.
Not to mention focus blast does like 70%, so with stealth rock and two layer of spikes, focus blast kills. Or just use sub to scout his bullet punch, and go to magnezone. You can later sub down to petaya and get a nice mini sweep. Usually lets magnezone kill scizor and kills 2 pokes by itself.

Anyway, I think you are all being a little too mean to e-vire. He is actually a decent poke, and tougher than people think. and the point that he fails against stall is moot, as stall never throws around electric attacks anyway, plus, if stall is so common, why is cressilia almost in UU? And hippo is in the late 30s. Also, why is weavile being used more than things like cressilia or heracross?

oh dear lord, please stop doing this people. there is no reason for ANY dusknoir set no matter how gimmicky to not have max HP. I'm guessing these people use max def, max sp def which is amazing because I don't think its possible to have a shittier ev spread than that. when will people learn.
Pain split.

I've always felt that Celebi was the most overrated poke in OU. No surprise that it has been consistently dropping each month since March, 15 to 26

Even if Dugtrio drops out of OU, it'll probably get booted back up to BL soon after. I can see it being extremely broken in UU, since there are fewer things in UU that can outspeed and/or survive Dugtrio's hits.
Highly unlikely Duggy will be UU. It was 53 last month and was never made UU. It actually got a +2 in usage =P

Dugtrio was used 3.37% of the time, this is the exact same percentage that Donphan was used back in March, the last time Tiers were calculated. Donphan remained OU with 3.37%, I predict Dugtrio will be the bottom cutoff of OU this month, making OU 51 pokemon large.

Changes:
-Umbreon and Porygon2 now OU.
-Donphan now UU.

(EDIT: I was wrong, P2 still UU, Duggy really is UU. Maybe I should look up the formula...)

Code:
| Ledian     | Ability      | Early Bird       |    77.0 |
| Ledian     | Nature       | Timid            |    56.1 |
| Ledian     | Nature       | Calm             |    21.6 |
| Ledian     | SpDefense EV | None             |    73.9 |
| Ledian     | SpDefense EV | Max              |    25.1 |
| Ledian     | Speed EV     | Max              |    63.4 |
| Ledian     | Speed EV     | None             |    35.4 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Baton Pass       |    63.8 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Encore           |    50.6 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Bug Buzz         |    49.9 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Agility          |    43.3 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Substitute       |    34.7 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Roost            |    32.4 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Swords Dance     |    28.6 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Toxic            |    27.1 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Protect          |    22.3 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Reflect          |    15.7 |
| Ledian     | Move         | HP-Flying        |     9.4 |
| Ledian     | Move         | Other (9)        | <   4.3
Wtf? no rest? no knock off? no light screen? 0 spc def? more timid than calm?

sigh

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
OU list is being created right this second. Expect a new thread within a few minutes of this post.

Good luck Doug about your huge programming project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)